Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 09:22   #1861
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Another traffic update for those using the Nampally route

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45712734.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Traffic restrictions will be in force around Exhibition Grounds in Nampally to facilitate easy movement of visitors to the All India Industrial Exhibition (Numaish), which starts on January 1 and culminates on February 15. The traffic restrictions would be in place during the 45-day extravaganza between 4 pm and midnight everyday. RTC buses and heavy vehicles from Fateh Maidan heading towards Nampally would be diverted at A R Petrol Pump towards B J R Statue. Also, buses and heavy vehicles heading towards SA Bazaar and Jambagh road would be diverted towards Abids at MJ Market junction.

All heavy goods vehicles from Begum Bazaar would be diverted at Alaska junction towards Darussalam and vehicles from Goshamahal road towards Feelkhana would be diverted to MJ Market and Abids. Apart from diversions, the city police have suggested alternate routes commuters can follow to avoid the traffic around the Exhibition Grounds.

Motorists from Putlibowli can take an alternate route via MJ Market - Yousuf & Co - Abids - Nampally Station Road - A-1 Signal Point (Nampally T Junction); Motorists from Traffic Control Room, Fateh Maidan and Public Gardens side and heading towards Afzalgunj can take alternate route through Afzalgunj - BJR Statue - SBH Gunfoundry - Taj Mahal - Abids GPO - Yousuf & Co - M J Market - Afzalgunj; traffic from MJ Bridge towards Nampally can take Begum Bazaar Chatri- Alaska - Darussalam right turn - Ek Minar Mosque- Railway Station - Nampally route; traffic from Chaderghat Bridge towards Saifabad can proceed from DMHS, Koti - Sultan Bazaar - King Koti X Roads -- Basheerbagh - PCR - Saifabad; Motorists coming from Bahadurpura side are advised to take the Puranapul - Mangalghat - Aghapura - Darussalam - Ek Minar Mosque- Railway Station - Nampally route; traffic from Saifabad towards Rajendranagar side could take Ravindra Bharathi - Ayodhya - Masab Tank flyover - Mehdipatnam- Moghal Ka Nala - Attapur-Rajendranagar route; traffic from Madina could take Afzalgunj- M J Market - Yousuf & Co - Abids GPO- A-1 Signal Point or Abids- Chirag Ali Lane - Chermas- BJR Statue- AR Petrol Pump route towards Nampally; traffic from Mehdipatnam towards Charminar can take Asifnagar Road - Bhoiguda Kaman- Mangalhat-Puranapul- Moosa Bowli Road- Chowk-Khilwath-Charminar route.
Old 13th January 2015, 13:30   #1862
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Now beat this!

Hyderabad traffic police to invoke sec 279 (driving or riding on a public way so rashly as to endanger human life), if you are found to cross the speeds of 60kmph.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45846514.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Speed demons are in for trouble as Hyderabad traffic police are mulling to register criminal cases for violations and produce them in court. Till now, traffic police have been penalising motorists under the Motor Vehicle Act for indulging in either rash driving or speeding and used to be let them off after extracting a fine. However, with speedsters now becoming a menace on certain stretches, police have decided to crack the whip on them.

Hyderabad police said that a special drive against rash driving began on Saturday and would be taken up for some more time. Any motorist who crosses 60 kilometres per hour would be booked for violating norms prescribed in the Motor Vehicle, police said. They are now fine-tuning the procedures to be followed.

On Saturday, a Union minister's son was booked for driving his Porsche rashly in Banjara Hills. Incidentally, he was among more than 300 youngsters who were tracked using one of the six speed guns in the armoury of Hyderabad police.

Police claim that speed demons have become a menace on Necklace Road-Sanjeevaiah Park, Jubilee Hills check post-TRS Bhavan via Cancer hospital, Road No. 2 & 3 at Banjara Hills and Road No. 36 at Jubilee Hills and they are conducting regular checks to curb racing. Senior police officers said that once implementation of criminal cases starts, traffic police would be handing over the case to their law and order counterparts.

"Motorists nabbed for driving in a rash or negligent manner will have complaints lodged against them with the law and order police, who will register a criminal case. The offenders will have to face trial in court,'' Hyderabad ACP (Traffic) Jitender told TOI.

Police plan to invoke section 279 (driving or riding on a public way so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life) of IPC, which might put an offender behind bars for six months or impose a fine of Rs 1,000 or both following the trial in the criminal court concerned.
There was an another story in TOI with regard to cases booked for rash driving

Source link:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45838645.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Police booked 322 persons, including the son of a Union minister of state, during a special drive against rash driving on some stretches of Banjara Hills and Jubilee Hills on Saturday. Many of the motorists were hitting speeds above 100 kmph during daytime on these stretches.

The son of the Union minister of state from Andhra Pradesh was booked for driving his Porsche car at over 100 kmph.

The Banjara traffic police said 250 cases were registered by conducting a drive on both sides of the road. Similarly, in Jubilee Hills the drive was conducted at Road No. 45, and 122 cases were registered. Majority of the motorists caught were driving high-end luxury cars at high speed.

The special drive was taken up using speed guns and it was done between 12.30 pm and 4 pm and the traffic police nabbed those motorists who were travelling above 60 kilometres per hour.

During the drive, the Union minister's son and a relative of a former minister of the united AP government were issued challans, which the motorists have to pay online. However, the traffic police were tightlipped about the details of the two high-profile offenders, who have to pay Rs 1,400 for plying beyond the permissible speed.

"The special drive will continue as there is need to control speed at which motorists are travelling,'' Banjara Hills traffic inspector Uma Maheshwar Rao said.

JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 14:36   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Now beat this!

There was an another story in TOI with regard to cases booked for rash driving
Thanks for the information buddy !
I knew the cops have imposed this speed rule but I did not know the limit since I have a tendency to hit the pedal to metal when I find the aforementioned roads empty , but now I know [ thanks to you] and will be careful.
Though this is for a good cause, I wonder how suddenly the police impose rules at their whim without any due information to the public or any warning signs. They cannot just take out any rule from an act and start imposing them according to their wish.
Old 13th January 2015, 14:44   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Thanks for the information buddy !
I knew the cops have imposed this speed rule but I did not know the limit since I have a tendency to hit the pedal to metal when I find the aforementioned roads empty , but now I know [ thanks to you] and will be careful.
Though this is for a good cause, I wonder how suddenly the police impose rules at their whim without any due information to the public or any warning signs. They cannot just take out any rule from an act and start imposing them according to their wish.
The speed limit in the city is 40kmph for 2 and 3 wheelers, 50kmph for 4 wheelers. Buddy, the speed limit sign boards are present in most of the junctions across the city.

I would not agree if you say that police started imposing this rule suddenly. Speed guns have been deployed in race prone areas. But yes, the strict imposing of this rule started with bike and car racing by ILLITERATE EDUCATES on busy city roads.
Old 13th January 2015, 20:38   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
The speed limit in the city is 40kmph for 2 and 3 wheelers, 50kmph for 4 wheelers. Buddy, the speed limit sign boards are present in most of the junctions across the city.

I would not agree if you say that police started imposing this rule suddenly. Speed guns have been deployed in race prone areas. But yes, the strict imposing of this rule started with bike and car racing by ILLITERATE EDUCATES on busy city roads.
Hmmm, I could not see signboards relating to speed except near some parts of the city, may be I became blind to those speed signs in the city or those huge advertisement hoardings might have overshadowed them!
Well ,we have to wait and see how effective these measures would be, given the fluttering minds of our Police and I hope it doesn't become an hyped brief Stint . I hope these would be long lasting !!
Old 19th January 2015, 15:12   #1866
BHPian

65 speed Guns to be installed in Hyderabad by Traffic police

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45919278.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: Tough days are ahead for rash drivers in the city as the Hyderabad traffic police are planning to install 65 static speed guns at selected road stretches and traffic junctions.
As of now, Hyderabad police are registering speed violation cases using six mobile speed guns in their possession.But keeping in view the increasing number of high speed driving cases including street racing incidents, the traffic police have decided to install static speed guns at selected road stretches and crucial road junctions in the city to rein in the speed maniacs.

The static speed guns are to be installed on Tank Bund, Necklace Road; Road Number 2, Road Number 3, Road Number 10 of Banjara Hills; and Road Number 1, Road Number 36, Road Number 45 of Jubilee Hills. At busy junctions on these stretches, the speed guns will be installed on the traffic signals. In addition to that, the speed radar guns will also be mounted on special poles erected at certain points on these stretches.

Static speed guns will also be installed on Retibowli-Attapur stretch and PVNR Expressway . "We have identified 40 traffic signals at the main junctions in the city and 25 signals in between them to install speed guns," additional CP (traffic) Jitender told TOI.

The decision was taken after police received several complaints from the motorists and local residents about the panic created by the street racers. Police have arrested several youngsters including students below the age of 18 years at KBR Park area and the Necklace Road recently for indulging in street racing and some of them have been booked under the section 279 (rash driving) of the IPC.

In its maiden budget, Telangana government has allotted Rs 21.41 crore for citizen-centric traffic management enforcement systems including automated traffic signalling. The installation of speed guns is part of this and city police have sent a proposal to the state government with an estimate of Rs 12.5 crore to install red light violation, stop line violation, wrong side driving capturing systems along with speed guns at the 65 selected traffic signals.

The news surveillance system will also be tweaked to identify vehicles moving on the roads without a number plate.Recently , Banjara Hills traffic cops identified the relative of a politician driving an Audi car without number plates at over 200 KMPH speed around KBR Park.

Vehicles travelling over 60 KMPH will be issued an e-challan. But those who are driving at alarming speeds, are repeated offenders and those who do not pay the e-challans will be intercepted on the road and prosecuted.

"The system will alert the traffic control room staff who will be monitoring the CCTV feed about certain vehicles travelling at dangerous speeds and repeated offenders. The control room staff will alert the local police on the wireless set and the accused will be intercepted at the next traffic signal," the additional CP said.
JoseVijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 16:14   #1867
BHPian

Ah!! some good news for folks driving around that area. I have personally witnessed insane street racing [all High end cars] a couple of times around the KBR park area & had a close shave once. It's ridiculous how fast these guys drive by cutting across lanes & through traffic as if trying to show off their drifting skills. NO, it wasn't during night when there isn't much traffic but rather during mid afternoon around 3 - 4pm.

I hope the police are stringent on these checks & don't back off due to external pressures since majority of the time its mostly the high end cars/superbikes that resort to these kind of menace in the KBR stretch.
Old 24th January 2015, 18:10   #1868
BHPian

What's a good route to reach Nizampet from Tarnaka during this rush-hour Saturday evening?

I'm thinking of taking NH7 and then take a left at Kompally to reach Nizampet via Bachupally Rd. It's 37km long instead of 25km, but I get to avoid Kukatpally nightmare. What do you guys think?
Old 25th January 2015, 19:21   #1869
BHPian

I took the Kompally-Bachupally Rd and I must say it's many times better than the Kukatpally road on any given day, forget a Saturday. Traffic was still a nightmare until Bowenpally where I diverted to NH7 - I wish I could bypass that too!
Old 25th January 2015, 19:28   #1870
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I took the Kompally-Bachupally Rd and I must say it's many times better than the Kukatpally road on any given day, forget a Saturday. Traffic was still a nightmare until Bowenpally where I diverted to NH7 - I wish I could bypass that too!
I have been using that route since 4 years but from Patancheru to Suchitra.

I do Suchitra -- Jeedimetla Village -- Kompally (Take a left at the signal) -- Bacupally -- Gandimaisamma -- Ameenpur -- Miyapur -- Madinaguda --Chandanagar -- BHEL and so on..

This route is 7-8 kms extra when compared to the Miyapur - Kukatpally - Balanagar route. But that extra distance is not troublesome due to the roads.
Old 27th January 2015, 12:43   #1871
BHPian

Some respite for those using the SCB roads. Army is expected to open the roads soon.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45997504.cms

Quote:
HYDERABAD: In a huge relief to nearly two lakh civilians who commute to the city through four arterial roads in the Secunderabad Cantonment Board (SCB) limits, the ministry of defence (MoD) on Friday ordered the immediate reopening of the roads that were shut by the army.

Citing 'disruption' to their activities and security reasons, the army authorities had closed the four roads between 10 pm and 7 am for civilian traffic since October 2 last year.

Ban was imposed on Entrenchment, Wellington, Gough and Ordnance roads. In an order on Friday, the defence ministry said "no public road in a cantonment shall be closed by any authority other than the Cantonment Board for any reasons other than security and without following the procedure laid down under Section 258 of the Cantonment Act, 2006."

Further, the order stated that "if any road needs to be closed for any security reason, the local defence authorities should approach the local Cantonment Board and set the process in motion as required under Section 258 of the Cantonment Act, 2006." The defence ministry made it clear that it will be the responsibility of the GoC-in-C and the principal director of the defence estates to ensure that no road in the cantonment area is closed arbitrarily.

"All roads closed without following the procedure as delineated in the Cantonment Act-2006 should be opened forthwith and closed again if such closure is required after following the laid down procedure and obtaining the statutory approval," the order said. Malkajgiri TDP MP Ch Malla Reddy, in whose constituency the SCB area falls, told TOI that the army authorities have been directed to lift the curbs within 24 hours. "And within a week, the army will have to send a report to the defence ministry giving details of all the roads on which the ban has been lifted," he said.

The lifting of the ban was welcomed by civilians who have locked horns with the army authorities on the closure of roads. The closure was also challenged in the court. The Resident Welfare Associations (RWAs) of nearly 250 colonies of Malkajgiri, Safilguda, Neredmet, Alwal and surrounding areas of AOC finally brought the issue to the notice of defence minister Manohar Parrikar last month. Parrikar had orally ordered the reopening of the roads in the first week of January and the written orders were issued on Friday.

Major Gen C A Pithawala, GoC, Andhra Sub Area, told TOI he was aware of the MoD decision. It is expected that the roads would be reopened at the earliest.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 18:02   #1872
Senior - BHPian

On Friday I was surprised to be re-directed by a traffic cop to use the new road to Durgam Cheruvu from Rd # 45 at Jubilee Hills. Instead of turning right and then left towards Fernandez Hospital, the traffic was asked to move straight via the Ambedkar University road, that seems to be recently widened.

This is a welcome move to avoid bottlenecks via the Fernandez Hosipital route.

In the route map, the red one is the old one and the blue is the new one.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-newroute.png
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 20:00   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
On Friday I was surprised to be re-directed by a traffic cop to use the new road to Durgam Cheruvu from Rd # 45 at Jubilee Hills. Instead of turning right and then left towards Fernandez Hospital, the traffic was asked to move straight via the Ambedkar University road, that seems to be recently widened.
Has it been tar topped? It was a mud road when I last used it, nearly a fortnight back.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:32   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Has it been tar topped? It was a mud road when I last used it, nearly a fortnight back.
Yup, freshly topped. Only place where it is a wee bit narrow is just before it meets the PBEL office main road---you can spot the horse-shoe there. But as traffic is uni-directional, not a major concern.
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:50   #1875
BHPian

There was news about building a hanging bridge connecting Rd No 45 to knowledge city. Not sure if the diversion is somehow related to that.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/15020...park-hyderabad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks