Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:47   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
There was news about building a hanging bridge connecting Rd No 45 to knowledge city. Not sure if the diversion is somehow related to that.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/15020...park-hyderabad
I guess it is , but not sure to what extent. Though I'd love to have that bridge, I hope it does not affect the aesthetics of the lake. The lake looked a lot better in 2002, before any of the buildings came up on the other side where Inorbit is located.
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:51   #1877
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Last week at around 7 PM I was driving down the service lane of the ORR. Close to Narsingi are a bunch of speed breakers. Some guy on a pulser took them a little too fast and his bike switched off.

Even as I stopped to ask him about the bike, a cop walked and helped him get it started.

The presence of police in this unlit section was comforting.
Old 4th February 2015, 19:56   #1878
Senior - BHPian

The right turn towards Narne Road / Whisper Valley from Filmnagar opposite the Venkateswara Temple has been closed from this week. Instead, we have to travel a little distance ahead and take a U turn. I feel this is a good measure because that spot was gradually becoming a show of reflexes in the recent past.
Old 27th February 2015, 08:07   #1879
BHPian

I found the following on the HTP Facebook page. Good to see that they are educating people through the social networking sites.

Quote:
Inter State Transfer of Vehicle(No-Objection Certificate and Road Tax)

Inter State transfer of vehicles

If a vehicle i.e car , 2 wheeler or commercial vehicle is taken out of its home state into another State for more that 12 months then a new registration mark of that state has to be assigned by the RTA or RTO . If you are just passing by that state then keep toll receipts to prove it to officials if caught.

Refund of one time tax paid in respect of non transport vehicles

Life tax is by state and varies and thus not governed completely by MVA. You need a N.O.C. from the your Home state or RTA while applying for New mark in new state. N.O.C. is paid after checking that all taxes/dues have been paid. For personal vehicles, life time tax for 15 years is to be paid and during renewal again for 5 years.
Pro-rata road tax for the remainder of the one time tax period is calculated.

Source: RTA Hyderabad. Admin..SK
[/quote]
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:40   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Hydi BHPians,

Need advice.

I will be in Hyderabad from 21st to 24th March and intend to visit Mantralaya on one of the days. Hyderabad - Mantralaya is approx 200+ kms one side as per google maps. I will be travelling to & fro Hyderabad by train and don't have any personal vehicle. In that regards a few queries:
1) What would be the best transport available to visit the place? How is the APSRTC service frequency?? Would taking a hired vehicle be more useful than public transportation?
2) How's the traffic on a Sunday in Hyderabad esp on the ORR's enroute to Mantralaya if I hire a vehicle?
3) Intending to start from Dilsukhnagar say at 7 am in the morning, what time would I be back considering that I would spend around a couple of hours in Mantralaya.

Mods: Searched in route sections for Mantralaya but couldn't find any related to starting from Hyderabad. If exists, kindly move accordingly
Edit: Searched again and found this thread. Mod kindly move this post to this thread is aptly belongs.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3611765

Last edited by ghodlur : 2nd March 2015 at 09:44.
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:26   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hydi BHPians,

Need advice.

I will be in Hyderabad from 21st to 24th March and intend to visit Mantralaya on one of the days. Hyderabad - Mantralaya is approx 200+ kms one side as per google maps. I will be travelling to & fro Hyderabad by train and don't have any personal vehicle. In that regards a few queries:
1) What would be the best transport available to visit the place? How is the APSRTC service frequency?? Would taking a hired vehicle be more useful than public transportation?
If you're travelling alone, then RTC Bus is the best option notwithstanding the less frequency.
I just checked its website and found there are a couple of buses with seats available for your dates for 2-way journey.
Bus @ 10.45 pm in Hyd and will be reaching MAntralayam at 5.
And there's a returning bus from Mantralayam at 1 noon so you will be reaching Hyd by late evening.

I take it from your posts that you'd be staying at Dilsukhnagar, which is very much near to the MGBS [ the main Bus station of Hyd, hope you know this, but just in case..] and thus if you're travelling single, bus seems to be the best bet.
{attached bus timings for your info}

Quote:
2) How's the traffic on a Sunday in Hyderabad esp on the ORR's enroute to Mantralaya if I hire a vehicle?
If you are in a group, car is the best option.

And for Mantralayam from Dilsukhnagar, you need not get on ORR [ ad getting to ORR is too long]. you could probably take either the I.S.Sadan - DRDO route to join the Kurnool highway or take the Dilsukhnagar-High court - Nehru Zoo to the Kurnool highway.

Traffic, on both the suggested routes, is not an issue at all before 6.30 - 7 a.m. Mild Traffic starts kicking in from 7-7:30 a.m. and thus it might be better if you do well to take-off before the clock hits 7 a.m. [ and ORR is , most of the times, traffic-free]

Quote:
3) Intending to start from Dilsukhnagar say at 7 am in the morning, what time would I be back considering that I would spend around a couple of hours in Mantralaya.
It is better you start ASAP and you'd be cruising on Kurnool highway in about 30 minutes with a little traffic. You might reach mantralayam around 12

You'd be reaching Hyderabad around 7:30 - 8 in the evening if you start around 2 .

2 options available to you
1. Hyd- Mahabubnagar-Raichur-Mantralayam- 257 km

Hyd- Mahabubnagar is great and I am not sure of the remaining part . Take this road only if you know the condition since the remaining stretch is around 220 Km [ I do not have even a slightest idea ]

2. Hyd- Kurnool - Mantralayam. - 282 km

Hyd- Kurnool is around 200 km and it is top class. The Kurnool-Mantralayam strip, which is a 2 lane will be passing through villages . No big towns either.
So this 70-80 km stretch might not be too exciting , but I guess you can take it since you'll be treading this path and would reach Kurnool before darkness descends.

There are many dhabas and hotels amidst Hyd-Knl highway and food will not be an issue here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hyd to mantralayam.pdf (79.7 KB, 701 views)
File Type: pdf mnt - hyd.pdf (77.6 KB, 352 views)

Last edited by poised2drive : 2nd March 2015 at 16:33.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:52   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
If you're travelling alone, then RTC Bus is the best option notwithstanding the less frequency.
I take it from your posts that you'd be staying at Dilsukhnagar, which is very much near to the MGBS [ the main Bus station of Hyd, hope you know this, but just in case..] and thus if you're travelling single, bus seems to be the best bet.
If you are in a group, car is the best option.
It is better you start ASAP and you'd be cruising on Kurnool highway in about 30 minutes with a little traffic. You might reach mantralayam around 12
You'd be reaching Hyderabad around 7:30 - 8 in the evening if you start around 2
Thanks for the information poised2drive, that really helps in planning.

I will be staying in Dilsukhnagar and its a relief that the MGBS is in the vicinity. Most probably 2-3 people (inc myself) would be travelling to Mantralayam. If no family vehicle is available, then only public transportation will be thought of. Now since the timings are clear, it will help me plan my journey accordingly.
Old 2nd March 2015, 17:08   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information poised2drive, that really helps in planning.

I will be staying in Dilsukhnagar and its a relief that the MGBS is in the vicinity. Most probably 2-3 people (inc myself) would be travelling to Mantralayam. If no family vehicle is available, then only public transportation will be thought of. Now since the timings are clear, it will help me plan my journey accordingly.
Glad that I could help !

Buses seem to be the best option then. Hiring a car for 3 people wouldn't be too convenient when the conditions of the road are unknown.

Please 'pm' me for any further help.

Last edited by poised2drive : 2nd March 2015 at 17:09.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:35   #1884
BHPian

Looks like the Tolichowki flyover is soon going to be thrown open to the public. If it happens, it will be a relief for hundreds of motorists to and from from the IT region who go through a harrowing time crossing the bottleneck created by the places of worship.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle6947695.ece
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:55   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Looks like the Tolichowki flyover is soon going to be thrown open to the public. If it happens, it will be a relief for hundreds of motorists to and from from the IT region who go through a harrowing time crossing the bottleneck created by the places of worship.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle6947695.ece
That is good news .

This was such a 'pain in back' for Mehdipatnam - Gachibowli commuters.

When I travel to Gachibowli from himayatnagar, I always take the Jubilee Hills route to avoid choking at this point [ and MEhdipatnam] though the latter was nearer.

Now the drive would be a breeze from Gachibowli to Mehdipatnam .

Hope the CM would open it ASAP.
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:09   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
This was such a 'pain in back' for Mehdipatnam - Gachibowli commuters.

When I travel to Gachibowli from himayatnagar, I always take the Jubilee Hills route to avoid choking at this point [ and MEhdipatnam] though the latter was nearer.
Once you cross Mehdipatnam, and the signal where PVNRE above you curves left, turn left at next signal, the hand statue one, Nanal Nagar one, go via Langar Houz and Taramati Baradari and use either the service road or ORR to get to Financial District or Gachibowli Flyover. No need to be stuck in traffic.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:15   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Once you cross Mehdipatnam, and the signal where PVNRE above you curves left, turn left at next signal, the hand statue one, Nanal Nagar one, go via Langar Houz and Taramati Baradari and use either the service road or ORR to get to Financial District or Gachibowli Flyover. No need to be stuck in traffic.

Thanks, the route suggested is comfortable for the Fin. Dist. , but to get to Gachibowli jn., it seems too long.

Actually, my destination is Gachibowli Reliance mart[ where my sis and BIL live near by] , not the Financial district [ I ain't a software techie, but a Govt. one ] , yet frequently I commute that way and hence was feeling glad to know that ROB is being opened.

For this, I take Lkpul-MAsab tank-Banjara hills- left towards Rd No.12-Film nagar chamber- Manikonda Jn- Rayadurgam - Gachibowli.

This seems a bit better to me.

Last edited by poised2drive : 3rd March 2015 at 14:18.
Old 11th March 2015, 22:19   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
RGIA, the Hyderabad Airport, will soon start charging money from all vehicles who come through the arrival terminal to pick up incoming passengers unless they manage to do so in less than 3 minutes which as per me is near impossible.

More about it at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3238569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Thats interesting ,happened to me yesterday evening when i went to pick up my mom from the airport ,before getting into the arrivval section a security guard handed over a receipt which read inr 1/- and asked me to give it to the security person on exit.
Did that and was asked not to pay anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Even when I went to pick up someone 3 weeks ago, I was given a slip that showed the time. On asking the security guy told me that max 3 minutes are allowed. Luckily, I zoomed out in a minute, as my passenger was already waiting.
By the way, can't we park from free in Decathlon, in case one needs to wait for around 10 to 15 minutes?
So, Hyderabad Airport has finally joined the long list of various other Indian airports which charge you for picking up arriving passenger guests, like, Chennai, Goa, etc.

As one climbs up the arrival ramp to the terminal building, you are handed over a token at a booth. You need to pick up the passenger(s) within "5 minutes" and cross the other booth on the down ramp. If you can successfully do so, no charges will be levied. If you take between 5 and 8 minutes, the charge is 100/- and between 8 and 10 minutes is 200/-.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:35   #1889
BHPian

I had gone to the airport last week and was handed over this token valid for 5 mins. Unfortunately, there was a huge convoy of Fortuners waiting to pick up some fat babu at the arrival terminal and I had to park my car at the farthest end, almost at the point where the road turns right to the exit. My guest was waiting at the other end and by the time we met, loaded luggage and went to the exit toll, we had crossed 5 mins (7 min 28 sec, thanks to my stopwatch).

Fortunately, the guard at the toll simply took the receipt, shred it and threw it in the trash. Did not even bother to check the 'In' time. guess I was lucky.
Old 18th March 2015, 12:56   #1890
Senior - BHPian

For some darned reason, the shortcut from Karachi Bakery in Madhapur to Westin Hotel at Mindspace was jammed like hell this mornnig at 945 AM. It took me 25 minutes to traverse that one km stretch. Normally it takes only 3 to 4 minutes on that narrow route that has many speed breakers.

This apart, for the past few days, Jubilee Hilles check post is taking too much time. It looks like they've altered the timing of the green light for the flow of traffic from TDP HQ side. Earlier, that side used to get preference over the other 3 sides.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks