Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 11:03   #1966
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I am guessing that the challans would have been created for overspeeding below the Gandipet Road flyover. Over to people challaned to confirm their location.
Yes that is the location.
Old 9th July 2017, 22:47   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Cops do not get the challan money. It goes to the Govt. coffers.
Spate of accidents in recent past, and many fatal, has women up the authorities and the only way to curb is to clamp down hard.
I am guessing that the challans would have been created for overspeeding below the Gandipet Road flyover. Over to people challaned to confirm their location.
I know that the money goes to the government. But they do have targets. For instance, we'll find many checks in Feb to March to meet their shortfall.

Whatever the reason, there should be tolerance of around 5 to 10%. For example, they ignore speeds upto 90 kmph in an 80 kmph zone in Bangalore. Even in the US, speeds upto 75 mph are ignored when the limit is 70.
Old 11th July 2017, 14:33   #1968
BHPian

I saw a badly burnt truck at Shilparamam. After googling, saw this 17 seconds video on youtube. Anybody knows what happened here?

Old 11th July 2017, 23:17   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I saw a badly burnt truck at Shilparamam. After googling, saw this 17 seconds video on Youtube. Anybody knows what happened here?
I guess it was last night. I walked to a tiffin center in that area today around 8 PM and everything was normal.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 11:30   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The uploaded image has a picture with my car doing 101 kmph in a 100kmph zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have got one too on the ORR. The image was displaying a 102 kmph in a 100 kmph zone. .
Speeding Ticket for being over 1 and 2 Kmph??

Accounting for Speedometer errors and the Speed Detector Radar (I guess that's what they use) accuracy, where is the tolerance added?
Even I heard 10kmph being the tolerance limit to account for these errors before you get hit with a ticket.

Quote:
http://www.cyberabadpolice.gov.in/Traffic/Sugg.htm
I did it two days ago, yet to get any response on this.
Please update us anurag once you get an update. Will help others in future as even I too travel a bit on ORR being in Gachibowli.

Quote:
Is this the location? Just trying to understand where the location is

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-gandipet.jpg
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 23:36   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Traffic has been hellish since yesterday due to heavy rains. I went to work yesterday at 3 pm and was surprised to see a gridlock between Lemon Tree hotel and Cyber Towers on that side of the road. I dared not to take a U turn opposite Cyber Pearl, so continued farther and took a right turn at the signal near Lemon Tree. From there onwards things were fine.
But what surprised me was even at 10 pm, google maps showed that stretch as dark red. So I took a detour via Gati and Shilpa Ramam, and reached home in normal time. Phew!

As regards today, i worked from home as rains continued all night. But my son took my car to his office near Waverock, and it was pure hell. It took him 90 minutes instead of 35 to 40 minutes.

The main bottleneck was the road from IIIT to Wipro Junction. I believe one side of the road is closed for repairs.
He returned via Kokapet and Narsingi late night and all was fine on that stretch.

I think it will be hell for people working in Infosys and Microsoft for the next week or so.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 09:07   #1972
BANNED

Quote:
Any one has experience in fighting this out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I hope they reply.
Quote:
Cops do not get the challan money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Please update us anurag once you get an update. Will help others in future as even I too travel a bit on ORR being in Gachibowli.
Quoting my own post below along with bblost on the issue of challan for over speeding.

Quote:
I have got one too on the ORR. The image was displaying a 102 kmph in a 100 kmph zone.
Was in constant with HTP and CTP on following up this issue and getting a resolution.

Almost 26 days later, the violation has been removed.

@Bblost: please check on your side and do update.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 09:20   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my own post below along with bblost on the issue of challan for over speeding.

Was in constant with HTP and CTP on following up this issue and getting a resolution.

Fantastic! I admire your perseverance. Good that it paid off.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:18   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome!! Good to hear that and kudos to you for your perseverance and following it up. Thanks for the update.
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:31   #1975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Oops, I thanked you on Facebook and forgot to express my gratitude here.
Please again accept my humble thanks.

I contacted and highlighted the ridiculous nature of a challan for 101 in 100 kmph zone.

They dropped the challan.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 12:40   #1976
BHPian

Was in HYD (Kondapur area) over the weekend (Fri - Mon). We were visiting HYD after 4 years and as soon as we exited the ORR toll to reach Gachibowli we were in for a shock to see traffic backed up to almost 1 km from the signal. This was the road I used to take for stress free driving !!. From the signal all the way to Cyber towers through Kondapur and later through Madhapur was sheer hell. Bangalore traffic in contrast felt a little better, such was the chaos.

The number of apartments, malls, shops and restaurants that've come up is a huge cause of concern. Development sure, but these are some arterial roads and must be decongested.

While staying in Hill Ridge, we'd hardly encounter any traffic, now the place is a chock-a-block with roads being redone towards wipro circle from Gachibowli police station. It took us a while to reach Fishermen Wharf at the end of that road.

I felt very sad seeing HYD this way.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:58   #1977
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
While staying in Hill Ridge, we'd hardly encounter any traffic, now the place is a chock-a-block with roads being redone towards wipro circle from Gachibowli police station. It took us a while to reach Fishermen Wharf at the end of that road.

I felt very sad seeing HYD this way.
Actually this situation is a result of the ISB road being closed. They are laying a fresh layer of concrete on that road.
The ORR-Gachibowli-Kondapur road having to take the entire pressure gets fully jammed up.

The situation has improved over the past week but will become normal (hopefully) by November.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:14   #1978
BHPian

OT - there was an 'innovative' protest against the closure of this road. The protestor rode horses on this road as vehicles aren't allowed.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 15:39   #1979
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas_270 View Post
Thanks for the update.
Quote:
They dropped the challan.
Small update:

5 of my friends too were under this ridiculous fine problem.

All of them got the challan's cancelled faster by reporting the challan from the website. The challan was off within 48 hours.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:06   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
While staying in Hill Ridge, we'd hardly encounter any traffic, now the place is a chock-a-block with roads being redone towards wipro circle from Gachibowli police station.
As a current Hill Ridge resident, I feel the pain The timing of the road work (during monsoons) and lack of planning is what irked most of the folks in the community as well. Now it has got a bit better but earlier no one knew if the road was one way or 2-way or what the deal was.

Quote:
but will become normal (hopefully) by November.
Hoping for the same too. Interesting part is the sign of the road work says
Start Date of 25-01-2017 and completion time is 09 Months. The actual work began just about a month ago. Wonder what they were doing for 6 months.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-isb_rd.jpg

Quote:
All of them got the challan's cancelled faster by reporting the challan from the website. The challan was off within 48 hours.
Aha!! Looks like they realized the ludicrous of these fines (1km -5km over the speed limit). But good to see the Department act swiftly on these.
manas_270 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed