Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 12:49   #1981
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Small update:

5 of my friends too were under this ridiculous fine problem.
Hi Anurag, please add me to your friends list...got challan for Rs.1435 for going 102 KMPH on ORR....

Trying to report it and that button doesn't work.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-cyb102.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2017, 15:19   #1982
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Hi,

The road that goes from Meenakshi IT park to the Gachibowli/Miyapur road has been closed. It is open for the vehicles coming in the opposite direction. I am guessing that this is temporary and is done so that they can repair the road.

There are very few boards/indications about this closure of road. I had a hard time today where lot of cars like me had lined up on that road not knowing that it is closed in the front. I was going to DLF. I had to take a U and then go via hitech city. It was a 15 min route, the reroute took me some 45 mins...
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-roadclosed.png  

shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 20:35   #1983
BHPian

Friends,

This is regarding the Over speeding tickets on ORR. I casually checked today for my car and astonished to see a challan for speed of 126 KMPH imposed Yesterday morning. I clearly remember that I haven't crossed 100KMPH for sure. This is also ensured by the GPS logger app I have installed in my phone. Attaching the pictures for reference.

When I dug deeper I was really shocked to see the previous challan imposed was on a speeding Ecosport @ 10.24.34 AM & my challan is imposed @ 10.24.35 AM. Just a difference of 1 second.You can see my car (white dzire) in the second pic.

Please refer to the attachments. It is a clear case of technical glitch. I do not understand how to take up this as I have to shell out Rs.1500 for not my fault. And also I'm pretty much sure that no one in Cyberabad Police would listen and analyze this technical issue. This looks like usage of technology without proper redressal system in place. I'm perplexed and seriously annoyed by this financial loss and mental tension without my fault.

I request to Please cite your similar experiences if any. It would be really great any body in this forum could take this with the authorities?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-dzire1.jpg  

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-ecos1.png  

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-dzpic1.jpg  

G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 22:10   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Friends,
When I dug deeper I was really shocked to see the previous challan imposed was on a speeding Ecosport @ 10.24.34 AM & my challan is imposed @ 10.24.35 AM. Just a difference of 1 second.You can see my car (white dzire) in the second pic.
You can either write to or personally drop by the office at the below location to contest your echallan
Asst Commissioner of police, Admn, 9490616098
Traffic Branch, Police Control Room,
Opp: Public Garden, Nampally,
Hyderabad.
As for the glitch not sure I understood that part.The camera has clicked two vehicles going above the speed limit it has been programmed for.The traffic cameras can click a large number of frames per second unlike the conventional SLRs etc.Not suggesting that you went above the prescribed speed limit but just that the camera having clicked two pictures in a second looks normal to me.
Old 8th November 2017, 23:37   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You can either write to or personally drop by the office at the below location to
As for the glitch not sure I understood that part........ but just that the camera having clicked two pictures in a second looks normal to me.
Hi Ranjit,

Thanks for the address, but I guess this falls under Cyberabad Jurisdiction and I might have to visit the commissionerate in Gachinbowli.

Coming to the working of Speed Laser Gun, I'm not sure if they can track two different cars at the same time. What happened I guess was within the fraction of a second the gun could have moved to my car and captured the pulses reflected from the EcoSport. I'm completely sure that I was below 100KMPH because this incident happened yesterday morning and I saw the constable with the Laser gun and double checked I was well below 100KMPH.

Also, as I shared above, I have been using a GPS logger in my mobile which automatically records my every trip (triggered by car Bluetooth). If you can see the graph attached in my post, neither once I have crossed 100 KMPH. Hence I believe it should be a sure shot technical glitch. If it would have been 105 -110 KMPH I would left it as error. But this is more than 25% of the speed I travel daily & I could easily feel the difference even if I was accidentally going at 126KMPH.
Old 19th December 2017, 12:44   #1986
Team-BHP Support

I got another speeding ticket.

I had no recollection of speeding but when I checked my google timeline history, I found that on that day I had indeed reached office really quick.

Felt a little stupid and I can only blame myself for this ticket.

So I now use this Mobile GPS Based Speed Alarm

Its set at 90 KMPH and as soon as I cross it, the alarm starts ringing.

I highly recommend installing something like this.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 13:39   #1987
Team-BHP Support

Today I noticed that there is a cop stationed immediately after the toll gates at Gachibowli (coming from Airport) with a Radar gun.

Most people like to make a victory run after paying the toll assuming that the checks are over. Not anymore.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 14:45   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I got another speeding ticket.

I had no recollection of speeding but when I checked my google timeline history, I found that on that day I had indeed reached office really quick.

Felt a little stupid and I can only blame myself for this ticket.

So I now use this Mobile GPS Based Speed Alarm

Its set at 90 KMPH and as soon as I cross it, the alarm starts ringing.

I highly recommend installing something like this.
Thats where cruise control comes handy. I set the cruise control around 95kmph and drive on the ORR.Just checked , no speeding tickets for me.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 23:47   #1989
BHPian

I got one ticket for 102 near Rajendra Nagar ORR Entry ramp. I saw the speed gun exactly at the time when cop was shining the laser on my car. My speedo needle was showing 100, but dash cam was showing 102. I already set speed limit warning on my rear dash cam to 110 & it was doing it's job by not alerting me until I reached the set threashold.

So, had to pay. Defaulted at 2:30 PM. SMS reached me by 4:00 PM, paid fine through challan website by 4:30 PM. Record erased the very moment after successful payment.
Old 18th April 2018, 19:22   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Better avoid Punjagutta to Somajiguda stretch today owing to mad rush at jewellery shops on account of Akshaya Tritiya. I saw crowds building up at 11 am in the morning. I took the longer route to work.

I think the rush will last till midnight.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 16:58   #1991
Senior - BHPian

I took the longer route to work from Somajiguda a few days ago This was via Banjara Hills Rd # 10, Orissa Island, Film nagar, Rd #45, Ambedkar University, Durgam Cheruvu, Inorbit Mall and Mindspace.

It took me a longer time owing to roads being dug up on the left lane between Orissa Island and VW Jn, and also on Road #45. This apart, the opposite lane is completely closed near Ambedkar University for constructing that bridge over Durgam Cheruvu.

So people planning to use that route had better take note of these obstacles. They will surely last for one or two months I guess.
Old 26th April 2018, 12:35   #1992
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the Mindspace underpass? It was supposed to be inaugrated this week. And in what directions is it? I do know that there is one while moving from Biodiversity park towards Cyber Petals.
Old 30th April 2018, 11:14   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Any update on the Mindspace underpass? ...
It was inaugurated a couple of days back, three others are in works - see this news article.
Old 30th April 2018, 11:22   #1994
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Any update on the Mindspace underpass? It was supposed to be inaugrated this week. And in what directions is it? I do know that there is one while moving from Biodiversity park towards Cyber Petals.
I crossed this area yesterday, it is operational. You can use it for moving between Biodiversity Park <-> Cyber Towers.
Old 30th April 2018, 11:23   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. I too saw the news on Saturday. Will use it this week after I return from holiday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks