Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 16:06   #271
Team-BHP Support

Road in front of Siddiamber Bazaar is dug up.

The already pathetic traffic has worsened beyond belief.
Over and above the terrible traffic scene, they block traffic for judges from the High court to have right of way.

Auto rickshaws have stopped using lpg/ cng/ petrol and diesel.
They have adopted kerosene full time.

Almost all the rickshaws spew out a toxic plume of white gas.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:15   #272
BHPian

[quote=vnabhi;1526450]Hi guys,

This might be a bit OT, but my brother is flying down to Hyd from Cal on Tuesday. He wanted to know how much a cab would cost to AS Rao Nagar from Shamshabad airport.

AS Rao Ngr to Aport is 51Kms via Tarnaka-Kachiguda-MGBS-charminar-police academy-highway ; Greencab(510-520) ; Meru (790-820).

Alternately try Tarnaka-lb ngr-drl-srisailam highway will save around 9kms .
Old 14th October 2009, 17:00   #273
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rm_arjuna;1531894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hi guys,

This might be a bit OT, but my brother is flying down to Hyd from Cal on Tuesday. He wanted to know how much a cab would cost to AS Rao Nagar from Shamshabad airport.

AS Rao Ngr to Aport is 51Kms via Tarnaka-Kachiguda-MGBS-charminar-police academy-highway ; Greencab(510-520) ; Meru (790-820).

Alternately try Tarnaka-lb ngr-drl-srisailam highway will save around 9kms .
Thanks, he paid around Rs 700 for a trip of 45 kms via LB Ngr, Tarnaka and ECIL.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:17   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh I forgot to update. The whisper valley route is totally dug up at the top most part and while going from Gachibowli towards Film Nagar, you need to take a diversion into those silent, beautiful lanes with lovely houses on either side.

I am doing that since last week and enjoying those lanes. I wish i owned atleast one of those bunglows
Old 15th October 2009, 16:27   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Oh I forgot to update. The whisper valley route is totally dug up at the top most part and while going from Gachibowli towards Film Nagar, you need to take a diversion into those silent, beautiful lanes with lovely houses on either side.

I am doing that since last week and enjoying those lanes. I wish i owned atleast one of those bunglows
Indeed, those lanes are quite pleasant and some lovely houses. I don't wish for at least one, but how I wish I owned just one there
Old 15th October 2009, 16:27   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Yup, even I am enjoying that confusing maze of roads with huge mansions dotting those on either sides!

But at one spot midway, I scraped my underbelly on a dug up part---you gotta go carefully on that part--take it from the extreme right.
Old 15th October 2009, 16:31   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
But at one spot midway, I scraped my underbelly on a dug up part---you gotta go carefully on that part--take it from the extreme right.
If I know the dug up part that you are referring to, you can take a right just at that point and come out on the main road near reliance webworld junction when travelling from Whisper Valley to JH.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:03   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
If I know the dug up part that you are referring to, you can take a right just at that point and come out on the main road near reliance webworld junction when travelling from Whisper Valley to JH.
Yup, that is the spot. I sometimes go straight and come out to the main road after BV Bhavan School. So the guys going straight gotta be careful.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:03   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, even i use the same route. I see other cars getting confused if to take right or go straight ahead.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:32   #280
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea if the Durgam Cheru road is open? its been closed for a long time now
Old 21st October 2009, 11:02   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys,

Wads,
Durgam Cheru road is not opened yet. But few MUV cabs are passing through the road though there are barricades . Better don’t even try with other cars.
--Ravi
Old 21st October 2009, 12:36   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Guys,

No signs of re-opening yet. I'm taking the Gachibowli route everyday for more than a month.

BTW, does anyone know where the RTA office is located near Kondapur? My pal bought an i20 yesterday, but since it is company-financed, he needs to register it there.
How is the process there? At Khairatabad, I went directly and got my car registered without paying even a single paise extra. The whole process took not more than 30 minutes, including payment by standing in a line.

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st October 2009 at 12:38.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:47   #283
BHPian

Quote:
No signs of re-opening yet. I'm taking the Gachibowli route everyday for more than a month.

BTW, does anyone know where the RTA office is located near Kondapur? My pal bought an i20 yesterday, but since it is company-financed, he needs to register it there.
How is the process there? At Khairatabad, I went directly and got my car registered without paying even a single paise extra. The whole process took not more than 30 minutes, including payment by standing in a line.
AFAIK, the RTA office in Kondapur is associated with the Attapur RTA. Only inspections and DL test happen in Kondapur. It is after Shilpa Park (Apartments) on the right hand side adjacent to the road when traveling from Kothaguda to Miyapur. Its very prominent and can not be missed.
Old 21st October 2009, 12:58   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, the RTA office in Kondapur is associated with the Attapur RTA. Only inspections and DL test happen in Kondapur. It is after Shilpa Park (Apartments) on the right hand side adjacent to the road when traveling from Kothaguda to Miyapur. Its very prominent and can not be missed.
Thanks Ardy. By 'inspections' do you mean new vehicle registration?
Old 21st October 2009, 13:02   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ardy. By 'inspections' do you mean new vehicle registration?
Yes, exactly. The RTA inspector takes a pencil scribble of the engine and chasis numbers on the application form.

In 2007, I had got my vehicle registered from there, but that was through an agent.

Most Viewed