Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 19:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's Anand Nagar Colony road.

I dont like this route as they are narrow, sometimes congested lanes and whenever i took a diversion into this road to avoid the main road traffic, i didnt find the traffic in these lanes any less.
I wanted to show Rajesh on my share of Knowledge about the lanes!
RR, That road is worse during the peak times (Read as 6:00PM to 8:00PM) as everyone follows the same rule of avoiding traffic and end up with even more misery on the narrow lanes of Anand Nagar Colony.

As a matter of fact, Anand Nagar Colony has lots of dead-ends and sometime you will keep going in circles if you are not sure which road you have to take!

As for our dear VLCC road, I just love the other lane when you return from apollo hospital towards TRS office! I will not reveal my speeds here in public!

BTW, even though the flyover at Panjagutta is operative, why is the right turn still prohibited towards khairatabad?

One on my wishlist - A flyover from Panjagutta to Moosapet and avaoid all the hassles in between!

I am going to take a quick chakkar around the city tomorrow on my pulsar and update further on this thread!
Old 27th March 2009, 11:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's Anand Nagar Colony road.

I dont like this route as they are narrow, sometimes congested lanes and whenever i took a diversion into this road to avoid the main road traffic, i didnt find the traffic in these lanes any less.
I too have the same thing to say about that so-called shortcut. This apart, the Khairatabad signal gives only 15 seconds for vehicles approaching from Anand Nagar to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
---

BTW, even though the flyover at Panjagutta is operative, why is the right turn still prohibited towards khairatabad?
I think they allow right turn during some specific hours.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

What is that bridge like thing on the Taj Krishna road?

Looks like a train track, but has nothing on either side.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:05   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What is that bridge like thing on the Taj Krishna road?

Looks like a train track, but has nothing on either side.
I take that road each day. They created an overpass more than a month ago probably to connect both hotels but, they stripped it down within a couple of days.

It's remains still remain till date
Old 30th March 2009, 17:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I take that road each day. They created an overpass more than a month ago probably to connect both hotels but, they stripped it down within a couple of days.

It's remains still remain till date
Maybe, they did not foresee the recession and low business when they started off the project.

Most of the days (nights), when the construction was going on, the road was closed without any signs or warnings and people had to reach till the point, then take a turn to go back!

BTW, I have seen some new roads joining at various parts of the durgam cheruvu road (which is already in a very bad shape) for hi-tec city. Any updates on these and where they connect?
Old 30th March 2009, 17:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I have seen some new roads joining at various parts of the durgam cheruvu road (which is already in a very bad shape) for hi-tec city. Any updates on these and where they connect?
that would/proposed to connect to the madhapur main road bang opposite hyderabad house/shanghai chef.

are you also aware there is some rock show happening in cyber pearl today evening ,they are diverting traffic there.
Old 1st April 2009, 06:22   #22
BANNED

two words: Mythrivanam Junction. what was the person smoking when he decided to close off the regular free left and have people turn into the bus stop?
the whole area is now a glorified auto parking. hands down THE worst intersection Ive seen in my life.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, the Durgam Cheruvu road is in bad shape since Monday---there is a deep cut on the road that was laid a year back (remember, that portion of the road was closed for 2 months), and there is sewer water flowing all over that place. My car was stinking for nearly 15 minutes after going through that filth last evening.
I've taken the 3 km longer Whisper Valley road today, and the time of travel is the same. I will avoid the Durgam road for at least a week, till I hear that it has been repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
two words: Mythrivanam Junction. what was the person smoking when he decided to close off the regular free left and have people turn into the bus stop?
the whole area is now a glorified auto parking. hands down THE worst intersection Ive seen in my life.
Can you please elaborate? Which free left are you talking about? Is it the one from the NH9 towards Aditya Hotel?
Old 1st April 2009, 12:00   #24
BANNED

abhi, its theleft turn that you encounter when coming from Yousufguda to the SR Nagar junction. big freaking barricade in the way and you are left with no choice but to dodge umpteen autos who have parked there as if its a stand, honk behind a lot of people waiting for the bus, and take their dirty looks as they gingerly create a teeny weeny opening to let you go.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
abhi, its theleft turn that you encounter when coming from Yousufguda to the SR Nagar junction. big freaking barricade in the way and you are left with no choice but to dodge umpteen autos who have parked there as if its a stand, honk behind a lot of people waiting for the bus, and take their dirty looks as they gingerly create a teeny weeny opening to let you go.
Oh, so it is not the Mythrivanam Jn in that case, but a little away. In any case, those nitwits should not have closed a free left.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:38   #26
BANNED

isnt that whole big intersection [with the rash of IT training sweatshops on one side, Sarathi Studios on the other, and all called the Mythrivanam Junction]?
names aside, Im ready to go in my pants whenever the possibility of driving through that place arises. not ONE person is aware that theres a traffic light in operation there. the rule seems to be 'if there is a little empty space begore you, GO!'

a few days back, I was visiting a friend in Sarathi Studios at 11.30 PM and had to wait there for one full hour before I could find some place to squeeze ahead. there was an insane number of buses and trucks coming from the Erragadda side who simply refused to stop for the traffic signal and just kept going and going and going.

my suggestion: do NOT take that route at any time of the day.
Old 1st April 2009, 12:42   #27
BHPian

if the free left on Mythrivanam is closed, what is the alternate way to reach the Road that goes from Panjagutta to Moosapet(is that NH9?)?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 1st April 2009, 15:59   #28
BANNED

Matt, the regular free left is closed. but there is still an 'alternate' free left to NH9. remember theres a bus stop at the intersection? you need to go through that bus stop.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:30   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea for how long this diversion at Cyber towers will last? I am fed up of taking this diversion while going towards Kondapur.

It's worse while going back as need to take a U-turn on the Malaysian township route and come back to Cyber towers to head towards Madhapur.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:13   #30
BHPian

@blacmagic : Thank you

Anyway now I love the Free left( they made a lane by placing the traffic cones) at the Hitech signal; if you are coming from Madhapur side.
No more wait behind those idiots who used block the free left.

I guess the work at the junction will take some time to finish; at least a month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks