Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 19:32   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
What is DC apart from Deccan Chronicle?
The famous 'Durgam Cheruvu' road----if you scroll back, you will see at least 30% of the posts relate to it
Old 10th December 2009, 19:55   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The famous 'Durgam Cheruvu' road----if you scroll back, you will see at least 30% of the posts relate to it
Hmm... We had actually forgotten about it!
Thank You Avi for reminding us!

Update on DC Road: Seems like most of the work is completed and this time they have elevated the road a little bit to prevent it from being submerged when the Lake is full!

Just hoping that the Lake does not vanish in the coming years as all the catchment areas now have new buildings being constructed!
Old 24th December 2009, 20:16   #393
BHPian

Guys, slightly off topic but did you see any petrol pump that is still open? All petrol pumps around Begumpet are closed. I am low on fuel so I did not dare to venture far from my house to find out.
Old 24th December 2009, 22:52   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Guys, slightly off topic but did you see any petrol pump that is still open? All petrol pumps around Begumpet are closed. I am low on fuel so I did not dare to venture far from my house to find out.
Fuel bunks have opened up from today evening. Went and filled up at BP opposite NIMS at 8.30
Old 25th December 2009, 10:05   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Full Moon had opened and was functional at 19:45 pm on 24/12/09. There was a queue that time.

At this moment, it is functional and has no queue.

I topped up both my cars from there and have just returned.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:05   #396
BHPian

Thanks guys. I too saw in the morning that some petrol pumps had opened. I had planned to give my car for servicing yesterday and that is why my tank happened to be near empty.

Today I called M.A.S.S and they were open so I gave my car for servicing. No point filling petrol before giving car for servicing. Will fill petrol in the evening.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:58   #397
Team-BHP Support

Lovely empty roads in the morning.

Some poor rider panic braked in front of me. Lucky guy was wearing a helmet and hence saved his head.

I was less than 4 feet behind and to the left of him. He was taking a turn. Maybe not used to going fast. His speed was about 60. The rains from last night had the road a little slippery. He brakes. God knows why he did that. He started skidding, panicked and gripped the brakes harder.
Next minute he is talking with the divider wall. He may not realize but his helmet bounced on that wall and later I observed some scratched on the same.
He was shaken up but ok.

Its so sad looking at all these glass paneled building on Rd 12 Banjara Hills covered behind the huge nets they have put up. Atleast the nets used for covering GVK One look new and nice. But cannot blame them for taking safety measures.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:09   #398
BHPian

Had heard of Telangana activists painting over the "AP" in car number plates recently. Yesterday and today, have seen a couple of cars with numbers starting with TG. Not pieces of paper. The owner has actually got new number plates made.

Was a little slow the first time I saw it. Initially noticed just the T and assumed it was TN, then noticed it was TG and wondered for a few seconds if it was from Tripura, before I understood.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:31   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Had heard of Telangana activists painting over the "AP" in car number plates recently. Yesterday and today, have seen a couple of cars with numbers starting with TG. Not pieces of paper. The owner has actually got new number plates made.

Was a little slow the first time I saw it. Initially noticed just the T and assumed it was TN, then noticed it was TG and wondered for a few seconds if it was from Tripura, before I understood.
People are breaking the law openly and our Government is helpless.

Had a little frightening experience on the PV Narsimha Rao expressway on sunday night at around 8p.m. I was coming back to my place in Masab Tank after picking up my parents from Airport. I was tailing the Aeroexpress bus ,which was on right lane.I started overtaking from left when a scorpio suddenly tried cutting me from the right. It tried to squeeze between my car and the bus. I had to suddenly brake and give that scorpio away. The errant driver just pedalled away on the expresway. It was so damn irritating alongwith frightening as to what could have happened.
I know the registration number of that silver scorpio . It's AP09BT 51..
checked out on the APtransport website. It was registered in some lady's name.
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:11   #400
BHPian

Dang! The HC has approved the pro-Telangana rally by
students for tomorrow. I (with a few friends) had planned
to go to Vikarabad (Anantagiri Hills and Nagasamudram lake)
tomorrow. Is it safe to go or should we postpone it for now?
Old 6th January 2010, 11:38   #401
Senior - BHPian

Today morning saw traffic policemen hauling up cars with dark tint glasses at Nagarjuna circle. May be this is done in view of the coming Republic day celebrations.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:36   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
DC or Durgam Cheruvu Road covers 30 % posts here. Some may cover Narne Road also.

What is the present status of these two so very important roads of Hyderabad?
Old 8th January 2010, 11:41   #403
Team-BHP Support

Durgam Chevuru is functioning normally.
I use it almost every evening on my way back home.

New problem spot is the road in front of Hypercity.
Low life cheap idiots trying to save maybe a rupee of fuel driving on the wrong side of the road.

Most motorcycle exiting the s/w company opposite Hypercity do this.

Some cars as well.

I once had an encounter with a Ford that was on the wrong side.
10-15 mins later the dumb ego tripping maniac drove up the road in reverse.
i.e. continuing his wrong direction but with the car facing the correct side.
After getting a scratch on his front bumper as well.

Last edited by bblost : 8th January 2010 at 11:45.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:44   #404
Senior - BHPian

All Reliance Outlets ( Both groups) are closed in the city today owing to the rumour mills going around which had led to many of them being destroyed by mobs in the district.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:17   #405
Team-BHP Support

Reliance outlets were open today but with a couple of cops deployed outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks