Yes it is - and somewhat convulated charging scheme -

excerpt from their site

Parking Tariffs

Rs.50.00 for first half an hour
Rs.70 for half an hour to one hour
Rs.80.00 for one hour to two hours
Rs.30.00 for each subsequent hour or part thereof
Rs.250.00 for 24 hours

I dont know whether the hourly parking rates are as stated, I usually stand on ORR till I hear from the arriving party of the landing and then dash right into the arrivals.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:54   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
I usually stand on ORR till I hear from the arriving party of the landing and then dash right into the arrivals.

That's exactly what i do. I time my visit to airport to the last minute and just in case it goes a bit awry, instead of waiting i circle the arrival entry again and again till the party arrives...LOL

Are we being cheapos?
Old 19th January 2010, 17:11   #423
BHPian

what to do, we are like that onlee

BTW, have you been on the new roads they have laid out from the road in front of inorbit mall - JVP - it has a great view of DC.

Last I saw, all major entrances were blocked by boulders (I assume in view of pending inaugration ) for large vehicles, you can take the offroad right opposite quality inn pearl or use your two-wheeler - it is deathly quiet and great fresh road.

I was testing my cruise control on those roads.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:09   #424
BHPian

I called that helpdesk number - was told it's Rs.250 for 24 hours and then Rs.30 for every extra hour.

Later I had to go to the airport to meet someone and asked the guy at the parking lot entry. He said that if I take 24 hour parking it's Rs.250 for 24 hours or part thereof. So another Rs.250 if 24 hours is exceeded, upto 48 hours and so on.

Then I asked the guy at the parking lot exit, who collects the money and he said: Rs.250 for 24 hours and after that back to the regular table of rates - Rs.50 for half an hour, 70 for half to one hour etc..

Looks like I will only find out for sure when I go park my car there overnight.

Quote:
....I usually stand on ORR till I hear from the arriving party of the landing and then dash right into the arrivals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
....instead of waiting i circle the arrival entry again and again till the party arrives...
You mean you take the right at the roundabout marked "Arrivals", which comes before the roundabout for departures? Wasn't sure if I could go straight to the arrival ramp without going through the parking.

Last edited by straightdrive : 19th January 2010 at 23:13.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:19   #425
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday night all bunks were jammed up in anticipation of the bandh today.

No buses on the roads today but petrol bunks remain open.
It took me an extra 5 minutes to get the tankful.

Some shops remain open. I saw a couple of Water cannon trucks with RAF on patrol.
RD 12 Banjara Hills.

Office is working today with normal attendance levels.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:11   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what to do, we are like that onlee

BTW, have you been on the new roads they have laid out from the road in front of inorbit mall - JVP - it has a great view of DC.

Last I saw, all major entrances were blocked by boulders (I assume in view of pending inaugration ) for large vehicles, you can take the offroad right opposite quality inn pearl or use your two-wheeler - it is deathly quiet and great fresh road.

I was testing my cruise control on those roads.
Yup, i have been on that road sometime in early december. Somehow, i dont use that road too often as you never know if its open. They close and open the DC road so often, it's not worth taking the risk of venturing on that road to find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
You mean you take the right at the roundabout marked "Arrivals", which comes before the roundabout for departures? Wasn't sure if I could go straight to the arrival ramp without going through the parking.
Ofcourse, you can go right up to the arrival ramp and pick up passengers from there. I recommend you do the same as me and adzegeek do, it'll save you precious 70 bucks.

I generally use that saved money to have a 6-incher in a Sub outlet
Old 21st January 2010, 08:04   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ofcourse, you can go right up to the arrival ramp and pick up passengers from there. I recommend you do the same as me and adzegeek do, it'll save you precious 70 bucks.
There are some barriers making it look as if approach to arrivals is blocked but slow driving helps you to map your route directly to arrivals. Pick up zone is opposite the arrival gate on the right side of the ramp (passengers need to cross the arrival ramp for waiting at the pick up zone).

Quote:
I called that helpdesk number - was told it's Rs.250 for 24 hours and then Rs.30 for every extra hour.
Later I had to go to the airport to meet someone and asked the guy at the parking lot entry. He said that if I take 24 hour parking it's Rs.250 for 24 hours or part thereof. So another Rs.250 if 24 hours is exceeded, upto 48 hours and so on.
Then I asked the guy at the parking lot exit, who collects the money and he said: Rs.250 for 24 hours and after that back to the regular table of rates - Rs.50 for half an hour, 70 for half to one hour etc..
Looks like I will only find out for sure when I go park my car there overnight.
It is 250/- every 24 hours and hourly rates for part of the day. So, 21st Jan 8am to 23 Jan 9am will be 2 days and 1 hour and so will be 250/- X 2 + 70/- = 570/-.

Frankly, taking an Aero Express is so much cheaper than parking there. The Bus takes more or less the same time as a car.

Quote:
Yes it is - and somewhat convulated charging scheme -
excerpt from their site
Parking Tariffs
Rs.50.00 for first half an hour
Rs.70 for half an hour to one hour
Rs.80.00 for one hour to two hours
Rs.30.00 for each subsequent hour or part thereof
Rs.250.00 for 24 hours
I dont know whether the hourly parking rates are as stated, I usually stand on ORR till I hear from the arriving party of the landing and then dash right into the arrivals.
I think the above are old rates. Recently my driver parked for just 8 minutes and was charged 30/-. It may be 30/- for first 15 minutes and 70/- for the next 1 or 2 hours and so on.

I prefer to park at Hyderabad House at Shamshabad since that is a no challan zone. You can while away the time by enjoying food and make the wait satiating. PS : Diet Coke available for the calorie conscious!
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:38   #428
BHPian

About a week ago, noticed that one side of the Rasoolpura circle has been barricaded. So no right turn possible for vehicles from Minister Road wanting to turn right towards Paradise. They have to go and take a u-turn under Begumpet airport flyover.

Is this a recent development? I remember taking this right turn earlier.

Went to Madhapur today after a long time. It's about a year since I last got rear-ended and it happened again today - law of averages as applicable in this city. By a Matiz at the signal just before Madhapur Police Station (going from Cyber Towers towards Madhapur Police Station) when I braked for a bike from the opposite side who took a right turn across my path on a red.

Luckily the bumper was only scratched, not dented. Had only slowed and not come to a stop which may have helped. Would've shrugged it off and gone if the Matiz guy (a chauffeur) had apologised but he came up with the expected - What can I do? You "sudden-braked".. That pissed me off. The owner sitting in the back of the Matiz just kept up a mobile phone conversation throughout the argument. Probably used to this sort of thing with that driver.
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:37   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About a week ago, noticed that one side of the Rasoolpura circle has been barricaded. So no right turn possible for vehicles from Minister Road wanting to turn right towards Paradise. They have to go and take a u-turn under Begumpet airport flyover.

Is this a recent development? I remember taking this right turn earlier.

That is a development that is nearly a year old. You might not have used that road during the past year. I know because I use it regularly on the weekends.
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:25   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is a development that is nearly a year old. You might not have used that road during the past year. I know because I use it regularly on the weekends.
+1 to what Venu said.

It's been like that for a long time. However, you can take a U-turn just before to go back to Minister road and take a left into Penderghast road if your going to Paradise for a biryani

Another option, is you take a right much before you reach the Begumpet circle where they put these barricades and take the same P.G road and come out to Paradise and take whichever route you wish to ( Bowenpally/Marredpally/Tarnaka etc)
Old 30th January 2010, 16:59   #431
BHPian

What would be the shortest and what be the fastest route for travel from the Airport to Jubilee Hills Checkpost?
Old 31st January 2010, 19:27   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
What would be the shortest and what be the fastest route for travel from the Airport to Jubilee Hills Checkpost?
Well, I guess no one can guide me for the above!

Anyway, another topic:

Get ready for a major makeover of Somajiguda Circle. The round-about around Rajiv Gandhi's statue is to be made larger and a round-about system for traffic flow is to be implemented.

MileCruncher will soon be able to take a right turn onto Raj Bhawan Road when coming from his home in near future.
Old 31st January 2010, 19:46   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, before the PVNR Expressway, the ORR route via Gachibowli and Whisper Valley would have certainly been the fastest, but now I guess the road via PVNR and Whisper Valley willl be faster.

Quote:
Well, I guess no one can guide me for the above!

Anyway, another topic:

Get ready for a major makeover of Somajiguda Circle. The round-about around Rajiv Gandhi's statue is to be made larger and a round-about system for traffic flow is to be implemented.

MileCruncher will soon be able to take a right turn onto Raj Bhawan Road when coming from his home in near future.
Wow, that is great to hear. So does that mean I can turn towards Raj Bhawan Rd at the circle while coming from J Hills check post via the Punjagutta flyover, instead of going via YSR's camp office and taking a U turn?

I yes, I am a happy man. That darned diversion added 1.5 kms to my journey, as did the divider near my office @ VBIT park.
Old 1st February 2010, 12:45   #434
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
.......but now I guess the road via PVNR and Whisper Valley willl be faster....
vnabhi, sorry, didn't understand the part "via PVNR and Whisper Valley". If you take the PVNR expressway from the airport, wouldn't you straightaway reach Mehdipatnam, without touching Whisper Valley?
Old 1st February 2010, 12:57   #435
BHPian

Quote:
vnabhi, sorry, didn't understand the part "via PVNR and Whisper Valley". If you take the PVNR expressway from the airport, wouldn't you straightaway reach Mehdipatnam, without touching Whisper Valley?
then you take a uturn and go back.

Quote:
Well, before the PVNR Expressway, the ORR route via Gachibowli and Whisper Valley would have certainly been the fastest, but now I guess the road via PVNR and Whisper Valley willl be faster.
Personally I have had to go to whisper valley quite a lot from airport, I have found ORR and then taking a right turn towards Oakridge/DPS/Khaja Guda before Gachibowli (underneath the ORR - this is the nanakramguda flyover) to be the fastest irrespective of traffic pattern and time of the day.

Most Viewed