Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 14:42   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
then you take a uturn and go back..
That would be the craziest thing anybody can do unless, that person is looking at just adding kms to his odo or he has a blind date with someone at Whisper Valley

Quote:
Personally I have had to go to whisper valley quite a lot from airport, I have found ORR and then taking a right turn towards Oakridge/DPS/Khaja Guda before Gachibowli (underneath the ORR - this is the nanakramguda flyover) to be the fastest irrespective of traffic pattern and time of the day.
+1. This would be the fastest from the airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
vnabhi, sorry, didn't understand the part "via PVNR and Whisper Valley". If you take the PVNR expressway from the airport, wouldn't you straightaway reach Mehdipatnam, without touching Whisper Valley?
Valid Point there. PVNR and Whisper Valley are in two different routes where you find apples in one place and oranges on another
Old 1st February 2010, 15:41   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, that is great to hear. So does that mean I can turn towards Raj Bhawan Rd at the circle while coming from J Hills check post via the Punjagutta flyover, instead of going via YSR's camp office and taking a U turn?

I yes, I am a happy man. That darned diversion added 1.5 kms to my journey, as did the divider near my office @ VBIT park.
The police in Hyderabad is hyper-active. They survey the junction on a saturday, they mark the junction on the next day being a sunday and they implement the new rule immediately the next day being a monday.

I am talking about the creation of a round-about at Rajiv Gandhi statue aka Somajiguda Circle thus removing the ban on the right turn when going onto Raj Bhawan Road from Banjara Hills side.

But then being hyper active, the police continued to show the same spirit and decided to cancel the new rule by monday 2:00 pm (the rule lasted a grand 6:00 hours) after realising that the traffic had piled up all the way on all the three roads leading to the junction.

The traffic jam got cleared by 2:15 pm itself after the cancellation of the new rule and the flow is smooth as it used to be earlier.

Sum up : Somajiguda Circle will continue the way it was earlier ... no right turn for MileCruncher towards Raj Bhawan Road.

Vnabhi can now only

Thanks for the advise on the best route from airport to Jubilee Hills Check post. It took us 32 minutes (we slightly deviated from the suggested route and continued on ORR till Gachibowli Y Junction and then via Shilparamam and Hitec City).

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 1st February 2010 at 15:43.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:50   #438
BHPian

BTW, does anyone know what these cameras are doing on the the junctions around Hitech/Kondapur/Gachibowli - they seem to be flashing every now and then. are they infering red light violations and sending challans at home?
Old 1st February 2010, 16:07   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, does anyone know what these cameras are doing on the the junctions around Hitech/Kondapur/Gachibowli - they seem to be flashing every now and then. are they infering red light violations and sending challans at home?
You have got it absolutely right and to the point. So now when a challan comes home for RedLight Jumping, you know that the big brother is watching
Old 1st February 2010, 16:29   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
You have got it absolutely right and to the point. So now when a challan comes home for RedLight Jumping, you know that the big brother is watching
You need not wait for challan to come. You can view the current list of pending challans against a vehicle at : http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Feed the registration no. as AP09AH0067 to get correct results. Feeding AP9AH67 will get you wrong result.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:26   #441
Team-BHP Support

The camera at Rai Durgam flashed as I passed it on my bike.
I must have been doing around 80 kmph.

I did not know the signal was working. I went back the next day and waited for one full cycle. The green light did not light up. So the entire console was dark. Suddenly the Red light comes on. Then it flashes if you violate it.

This happened almost 2 months back. Yet to get a challan. Also the website does not list any violations against my bike.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:28   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The camera at Rai Durgam flashed as I passed it on my bike.
I must have been doing around 80 kmph.

I did not know the signal was working. I went back the next day and waited for one full cycle. The green light did not light up. So the entire console was dark. Suddenly the Red light comes on. Then it flashes if you violate it.

This happened almost 2 months back. Yet to get a challan. Also the website does not list any violations against my bike.
2 months and no violation reported on the website.

You are lucky to have escaped.
Old 1st February 2010, 18:57   #443
BHPian

Quote:
I am so so grateful to Mahindra for not getting my scorp registered so far.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:01   #444
Senior - BHPian

Today Raj Bhavan Road (Raj Bhawan to Somjiguda Side) is absolutely choc-a-bloc and there is a massive pile-up due to a fire incident in a building next to Yashoda Hospital.

Avoid this road unless absolutely necessary
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:37   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Today Raj Bhavan Road (Raj Bhawan to Somjiguda Side) is absolutely choc-a-bloc and there is a massive pile-up due to a fire incident in a building next to Yashoda Hospital.

Avoid this road unless absolutely necessary
There was a fire in Park Hospital located in Yashoda Hospital - Kanti Shikara Lane.

People like me who cannot avoid that had to twiddle thumbs for a good 40 minutes at lunch time.

The jam must have reduced by now.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:22   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am so so grateful to Mahindra for not getting my scorp registered so far.
I passed many times during red light and those lights flashed. Dont worry, nothing will happen.

Btw, i got challan last month related to "No Seat Belt" somewhere in Tirumulghery during 2007.

I have decided to promptly "ignore" it since i never ever drive without wearing one.

I dare, I double dare them to do anything about it
Old 4th February 2010, 15:46   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I passed many times during red light and those lights flashed. Dont worry, nothing will happen.

Btw, i got challan last month related to "No Seat Belt" somewhere in Tirumulghery during 2007.

I have decided to promptly "ignore" it since i never ever drive without wearing one.

I dare, I double dare them to do anything about it
2007 challan in 2010? did they send it through speed post? awesome.

Disclaimer: I have never sold any vehicle in India or got it re-registered in any other state, but from how it works in other places - this backlog of challans comes to haunt you with interest compounded when you go for any such transaction. does this happen here?
Old 4th February 2010, 16:05   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2007 challan in 2010? did they send it through speed post? awesome.

Disclaimer: I have never sold any vehicle in India or got it re-registered in any other state, but from how it works in other places - this backlog of challans comes to haunt you with interest compounded when you go for any such transaction. does this happen here?
Actually, that challan was personally delivered....they crawled all the way from Tirumulgherry to my home and it took them over 2 years

I sold 3 cars between 1997-2006 and never had to think about these challans haunting you.

But with technology becoming increasingly sophisticated, you never know, it may haunt you. Btw, 100 bucks gets compounded how much in 3-5 years?

If it becomes a nuisance i will pay that damn amount which cannot be more than 500 bucks ( even triple compounding wont get you here...but you never know) when selling the car.
Old 5th February 2010, 02:09   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That would be the craziest thing anybody can do unless, that person is looking at just adding kms to his odo or he has a blind date with someone at Whisper Valley

Valid Point there. PVNR and Whisper Valley are in two different routes where you find apples in one place and oranges on another
I stand corrected. I realized my folly soon after I posted, but got diverted to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

The traffic jam got cleared by 2:15 pm itself after the cancellation of the new rule and the flow is smooth as it used to be earlier.

Sum up : Somajiguda Circle will continue the way it was earlier ... no right turn for MileCruncher towards Raj Bhawan Road.

Vnabhi can now only
Exactly what I am doing now, after reading this post. As they say, happiness is an ephemeral thing.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:23   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
You need not wait for challan to come. You can view the current list of pending challans against a vehicle at : http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Feed the registration no. as AP09AH0067 to get correct results. Feeding AP9AH67 will get you wrong result.
The site doesn't seem to be working anymore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks