Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 18:03   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The site doesn't seem to be working anymore
I am also trying to get in since last couple of days. I too vouch, they arent working.
Old 6th February 2010, 01:51   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am also trying to get in since last couple of days. I too vouch, they arent working.
The site was back working again in the evening and showed 5 unpaid challans of my colleague. Thankly there are 0 fines for all my cars
Old 26th March 2010, 17:39   #453
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone else also feel that the volume of traffic had gone down?

Banjara Hills Rd #1.
It used to be jam packed in the morning. All the way from Masab Tank flyover till the Rd 12 junction.
Now its almost down to half. There is traffic on the road but its no where close to what it used to be.

I observe the same on most roads.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:38   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Does anyone else also feel that the volume of traffic had gone down?

I observe the same on most roads.
On the contrary I feel that the volume of traffic has been increasing , just that sometime you are lucky not to get stuck into it.Yesterday evening around 7p.m it was jammed from mehdipatnam flyover till Rd.no 12 junction. Even the other side of the road had very heavy traffic.
It take atleast 2 stops to cross the rd no 12 red light if you are lucky. Today morning being saturday crossed in just 58 seconds.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:23   #455
Team-BHP Support

Finally some respite from the heat.
Its Raining.
Old 8th April 2010, 07:02   #456
BHPian

Alternative route from Punjagutta to Madhapur

Folks!

Is there any alternative route from Punjagutta to Jublee Hills. The traffic at the Masjid, LV Prasad and ofcourse JBH checkpost is taking up a lot of time during peak morning hours (9:30AM to 10:30AM).

Any relief if we go via Srinagar colony road provide.

I am sure the enthusiastic Hyderabadis might have already tried many routes.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:31   #457
Team-BHP Support

Take Banjara Hills Rd number 10 or Rd number 7.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-route.jpg

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Old 8th April 2010, 14:14   #458
BHPian

Another option is Road No.4 which usually has less traffic than Road No.7.
Old 8th April 2010, 15:51   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rajen, take the road which is bang opposite to GVK ONE gate and it comes out in front of LV Prasad Eye Hospital. You just have to take a 0.5 kms deviation. Dunno what that road number is called.

I use above road regularly and sometimes i take the Road No 3 and as you righly said at the Masjid, it gets clogged.

But, i use that opportunity to test my patience and improve my clutch and accelaration handling ( without using brakes on that steep road)
Old 8th April 2010, 20:22   #460
BHPian

Quote:
But, i use that opportunity to test my patience and improve my clutch and accelaration handling ( without using brakes on that steep road)
The steep climb in front of the Masjid has to be one of the toughest parts to drive on in Hyderabad (given the usual heavy traffic on that road). But I actually get a sense of thrill every time I see the cars slowing down before that climb coz it means it's clutchy time baby! Then getting the revs and the clutch release correctly and smoothly is one helluva sweet feeling :-D.
Old 8th April 2010, 20:32   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Avi, this is a speciality of CRDi cars. You can try any incline and and it will go over it without the accelerator and without knocking or increasing its revs (more than idle). The governors in CRDI pumps are set like that with the ECM.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 8th April 2010 at 20:34.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:59   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi, this is a speciality of CRDi cars. You can try any incline and and it will go over it without the accelerator and without knocking or increasing its revs (more than idle). The governors in CRDI pumps are set like that with the ECM.
Ani Boy ! I was talking about my driving skill to scale over that steep road not the ability of the CRDi engine allowing me to scale it with ease
Old 13th April 2010, 13:29   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess they are making a flyover at Gachibowli junction. And due to that work happening, the road has narrowed down consideribly and creating a jam each morning and evening.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:34   #464
BHPian

Quote:
I guess they are making a flyover at Gachibowli junction. And due to that work happening, the road has narrowed down consideribly and creating a jam each morning and evening.
I noticed this when I was in Hyderabad for 3 days last week (am sure the general public knows this!): people reaching Gachibowli junction from the Mehdipatnam side and going towards IIIT should be vary of traffic coming from Kothaguda and turning right at the junction to get onto the road leading to the airport. Of course, its OK if the vehicles also turning towards IIIT. Thats a blind spot, what with the narrow road and obstructing view due to the pillars.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:58   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
people reaching Gachibowli junction from the Mehdipatnam side and going towards IIIT should be vary of traffic coming from Kothaguda and turning right at the junction to get onto the road leading to the airport. Of course, its OK if the vehicles also turning towards IIIT. Thats a blind spot, what with the narrow road and obstructing view due to the pillars.
This situation has been there for a long time I guess! Maybe more than a month!
There is always chaos at the Gachibowli junction if the cops are not present!

BTW, Those taking the ORR, please be aware that the lanes keep changing every week (due to the construction) and you don't travel on the same tarmac as they keep changing the diversions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks