Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:59   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Its very lucky that nothing untoward happened. Maybe thats because of the level of expertise you think you have. But as a witness to quite a few accident, I know that not all good drivers may crash. But driving rash on public roads is an easy way to tempt fate.

Drive safe.
There is no luck at Driving. The thing that you have is a number of factors/variables some within your control and some not. Those that are not within not your control always will have remedial actions within your control. So all in all, what you have in driving is a complex set of equations at play at any given time deciding your driving outcome.

Because of this Europe and UK have stopped using the term "Accident" which denotes no body was at fault. Rather they use theterm "Traffic Incident" as there is always someone at fault.

Bottomline - The more number of factors you are able to control while driving, the lesser chances of having a Traffic Incident.
Old 24th July 2010, 00:04   #572
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Bottomline - The more number of factors you are able to control while driving, the lesser chances of having a Traffic Incident.
Exactly. And I am glad you understand that.
Old 24th July 2010, 02:21   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Please read the entire sequence of events before commenting on a topic.
Oh! I didn't know that I did not read or was aware of the sequence of events! (as a matter of fact, I did know about it before I saw this thread!)
Old 30th July 2010, 15:56   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday morning the traffic jam started from under the flyover just before Lumbini Park while going towards Imax due to the new Swift taking a jump into the hussainsagar lake.

First time experienced the traffic jam from as early as that flyover. Shame on those young rich spoilt brats
Old 30th July 2010, 16:04   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yesterday morning the traffic jam started from under the flyover just before Lumbini Park while going towards Imax due to the new Swift taking a jump into the hussainsagar lake.

First time experienced the traffic jam from as early as that flyover. Shame on those young rich spoilt brats
Someone thought that their car was amphimobile
Old 30th July 2010, 17:29   #576
Senior - BHPian

I had to go to Hyderabad over the weekend and had driven down. Driving on Hyderabad roads was a hell of an experience. And I thought Bangalore traffic was bad. Hats off to you guys who go through this everyday
Old 31st July 2010, 09:13   #577
BHPian

Alternate route to bypass lumbini rd, khairtabad flyover, ap genco-eenadu rd to go toward panjagutta:

Guys, there's a huge jam particularly on the flyover and the road leading toward erra manzil x rd almost everyday now (except sundays). How to avoid this jam...

If you want to avoid lumbini road (or lakdi ka pul bus stand) as well, come in towards dwarka hotel, go through small lane passing sensation theatre and "bada ganesh" come out to imax, proceed towards necklace rd, enter people plaza parking place, go into Makta-e-mazar through a small opening on the extreme far right corner, 1st left, 1st right and 3rd left, you'll come to the railway gate crossing, if you're lucky you'll find it open and you'll be on the raj bhavan road. Take left and U turn to go to somajiguda-panjagutta X rds OR (if you wanna go toward NIMS or banjara hills) go right from where you'd take the U-turn, passing thru NASR literacy center and coming out to Maheshwari chambers near erra manzil X rd. One simple U-turn (right for bhills) and you'll be on the rather free NIMS rd to panjagutta.

This way you avoid traffic and save valuable time. I would not suggest taking your car into makta-e-mazar although i did take my swift in a few times.

Hope this helps.

please ask any questions. no problem.
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:50   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I had to go to Hyderabad over the weekend and had driven down. Driving on Hyderabad roads was a hell of an experience. And I thought Bangalore traffic was bad. Hats off to you guys who go through this everyday
You mean the length of jams or the unruly behaviour of our drivers?

Yesterday evening, i was caught in mother of all jams just before Gachibowli crossroads at around 630pm and after waiting in jam for 30 minutes, i took a U-turn and for a moment thought of going back to office and leave after an hour.

Then it struck me to take the route next to Wipro campus that will eventually lead to Gachibowli road. It was a good idea and expect for about 250 meters of really really bad road, it was a breeze.

It took me almost 2 hours to reach home
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:08   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Alternate route to bypass lumbini rd, khairtabad flyover, ap genco-eenadu rd to go toward panjagutta:

Guys, there's a huge jam particularly on the flyover and the road leading toward erra manzil x rd almost everyday now (except sundays). How to avoid this jam...

If you want to avoid lumbini road (or lakdi ka pul bus stand) as well, come in towards dwarka hotel, go through small lane passing sensation theatre and "bada ganesh" come out to imax, proceed towards necklace rd, enter people plaza parking place, go into Makta-e-mazar through a small opening on the extreme far right corner, 1st left, 1st right and 3rd left, you'll come to the railway gate crossing, if you're lucky you'll find it open and you'll be on the raj bhavan road. Take left and U turn to go to somajiguda-panjagutta X rds OR (if you wanna go toward NIMS or banjara hills) go right from where you'd take the U-turn, passing thru NASR literacy center and coming out to Maheshwari chambers near erra manzil X rd. One simple U-turn (right for bhills) and you'll be on the rather free NIMS rd to panjagutta.

This way you avoid traffic and save valuable time. I would not suggest taking your car into makta-e-mazar although i did take my swift in a few times.

Hope this helps.

please ask any questions. no problem.
I regularly use that short cut to go to Somajiguda while travelling on Neckalce Road, but I use it only while on a 2-wheeler. The lanes are too narrow for a car,and if your luck is bad, the railway gate will be closed.

However, I could not understand who you wanted to help with your directions---what is the starting point and the ending point ?

Edit: Got it now----so you say that long-cut (not short cut) might help someone traveling from Nirankari Bhavan towards Panjagutta or to B Hills via KCP Jn. I wonder if it will save time, as you'll be travelling 2 kms longer to avoid a jam at Khairatabad, and even on that route there may be a jam at the Railway gate opp Raj Bhavan and also at the right turn at KCP Jn after you emerge from the NASR Primarly school lane. The NASR lane is also narrow at the end and cars parked on the side of the road make it narrower.

Last edited by vnabhi : 3rd August 2010 at 17:13.
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:26   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I regularly use that short cut to go to Somajiguda while travelling on Neckalce Road, but I use it only while on a 2-wheeler. The lanes are too narrow for a car,and if your luck is bad, the railway gate will be closed.

However, I could not understand who you wanted to help with your directions---what is the starting point and the ending point ?

Edit: Got it now----so you say that long-cut (not short cut) might help someone traveling from Nirankari Bhavan towards Panjagutta or to B Hills via KCP Jn. I wonder if it will save time, as you'll be travelling 2 kms longer to avoid a jam at Khairatabad, and even on that route there may be a jam at the Railway gate opp Raj Bhavan and also at the right turn at KCP Jn after you emerge from the NASR Primarly school lane. The NASR lane is also narrow at the end and cars parked on the side of the road make it narrower.

hmmm... the point is to avoid the traffic at Khairtabad flyover and the eenaadu office road. i considered avi's (mobike008) post earlier. One might want to risk the Nasr lane if he/she wants to approach pgutta via nims, or else the somajiguda road is rather fast. tried to help anyone who needs it.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:01   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Took the Masab Tank-> Mehdipatnam-> Gachibowli route this morning. And did i regret?

Just before meeting the road that comes down from Whisper Valley, if your coming from Mehdipatnam, the road narrows down and there is usually a traffic jam.

This morning the jam was more than usual and it was terrible. I am in my WA and felt like a sitting duck with lorries coverging on me from left, behind and everywhere else. Dont know why heavy vehicles are plying at that time in the morning.

Maybe, I am hallucinating that everyone is out to get me ( a feeling you get when you buy a new car)
Old 5th August 2010, 16:27   #582
Team-BHP Support

Avi, one of the alternatives to that route, Banjara Hills Rd 12 was jammed at 11:00 AM. I took a u-turn and proceeded on Road Number 10.

It was nice till I reached Jubilee Check Post. Long wait at the signal. But not as bad as yesterday.

Masab Tank to Hi Tech city took me almost 50 mins.

Really waiting for Ramzan to start. I change my work timings to 5Am - 1PM. Enjoy the empty roads.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:12   #583
Senior - BHPian

Lucky me---i am working from home today. I hate jams, especially when they occur on unexpected roads that are otherwise smooth.

Yesterday morning, the DC road was blocked for some repairs, and I cursed my luck. However, I went via Cyber Towers and there was luckily no jam on that road--normally traffic goes crazy on that road when the DC road is closed.

The DC Road was open when I returned in the evening.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:38   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

I am varying times in the morning to check if traffic eases but, there seems to be traffic these days at any given point of time and irrespective of route you take

Now only option left for me, Instead of returning home after jogging in the morning from Public Gardens, i should head straight to office from there

@Venu, DC again?
Old 5th August 2010, 20:17   #585
Senior - BHPian

One of the reasons why, despite being a Hyderabadi and therefore not having to pay rent if I lived with my parents, I still shifted to a place closer to work is to cut down the commute. Given that I was buying a new car I really wanted to go *further* away from office so I could drive longer , but practicality took over.

So I reduced my commute from a hellish Balanagar - KPHB - JNTU - HiTech - Kondapur - Gachibowli (23 km, anywhere between 37 and 75 minutes one-way depending on the time of day) to a much more BP-friendly Chandanagar - Lingampally - HCU Campus - Gachibowli (13 km, anywhere between 18 and 25 minutes one-way instead).

It's not just the time itself but even its variability that has come down drastically.

By the way I tried the alternate Chandanagar - Miyapur - Hafizpet - Kondapur - Gachibowli route just for kicks on Monday morning (the first day I commuted to work in the new car) and it took 50 minutes for the same distance (13 km).

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks