Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 12:53   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
At Gachibowli crossroads, you need to be really careful as your car will suddenly nosedive and come up for fresh air ( due to a HUGE pothole). It reminded me of my first diving lessons at Hotel Ritz Swimming Pool....LOL
Where exactly is this? IIIT junction or ORR junction? I use both fairly regularly and have not come up with any issue whatsoever so far. In fact my last drive at both was just day before yesterday.

Quote:
Yesterday went to attend KKRK2's wedding in BDR Nagar, Hastinapur ( Nagarjunsagar Road).
Haha, you got the alias/handle wrong again! I hope the wedding celebrations were fab and you guys enjoyed tremendously!

Quote:
It was pouring cats and dogs continously from 11am-4pm and it seems there was not a drop of water at secunderabad side. What in the world is happening to weather these days?
Yes not much this side. I was taking rest (because of a bad bout of cough/cold) at my parents' place near Bowenpally and there was only a slight drizzle.

Quote:
Due to rains there was this inevitable jams throughout our route and it took us more than hour to cover 20kms even on a sunday afternoon. And, coming back was more than 1 hour.
Surprisingly cool commute for me today, despite the peak time and corroded roads. I started from Bowenpally just after 9 am and reached the service centre (14.5 kms away with 12 km on NH9 passing through Balanagar/KPHB/JNTU-Nizampet Junction etc.) in around 35 minutes. From there to office took around 40 minutes in the Indigo via Allwyn Junction (Miyapur), BHEL-Lingampally and HCU. Reached just in time for the 11 am meeting .

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th August 2010, 13:01   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Where exactly is this? IIIT junction or ORR junction? I use both fairly regularly and have not come up with any issue whatsoever so far. In fact my last drive at both was just day before yesterday.
Its the ORR junction. While coming from Mehdipatnam side, you need to cover that junction from extreme left. If you do it from center, then you will nosedive as afore mentioned

Quote:
Haha, you got the alias/handle wrong again! I hope the wedding celebrations were fab and you guys enjoyed tremendously!
Opps sorry. We affectionately call him " Kirkiri" because we long gave up spelling it correctly

Yes, we had a good time at his marriage even though it rained pretty hard all through.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:10   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the ORR junction. While coming from Mehdipatnam side, you need to cover that junction from extreme left. If you do it from center, then you will nosedive as afore mentioned
Oh, that one!

Well it's so starkly visible that unless it's night-time you won't hit it at all. Even at night, if there's traffic, all you need to do is see everyone swerving either to the extreme left or extreme right and you'll realize something's (in the case, road) missing .

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st September 2010, 13:28   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

I had an early morning meeting and today was my lucky day.

I left home at 8:50am and was in office at 9:25 am and was breezing through all traffic signals which happened to turn "green" seeing my white annihilator coming

Boy! that was one awesome drive!

Finally, tomorrow afternoon will be taking the PVNR expressway for the first time to airport to drop wifey who's travelling abroad.

Can't wait to Cruze on PVNR
Old 1st September 2010, 15:19   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, tomorrow afternoon will be taking the PVNR expressway for the first time to airport to drop wifey who's travelling abroad.

Can't wait to Cruze on PVNR
PVNR can actually be somewhat frustrating because of some Indicas and other slower cars who hog the right lane, or guys who're driving while yakking on their phones (they tend to occupy both lanes simultaneously and don't move when honked).

What WA needs is a dash on the ORR .

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st September 2010, 16:43   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PVNR can actually be somewhat frustrating because of some Indicas and other slower cars who hog the right lane, or guys who're driving while yakking on their phones (they tend to occupy both lanes simultaneously and don't move when honked).

What WA needs is a dash on the ORR .

Regards,
spadix
Agree. But, i love the curves and slightly rough road of PVNR.

Btw, i liked the way you said, it needs a dash on the ORR
Old 1st September 2010, 17:06   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree. But, i love the curves and slightly rough road of PVNR.
Yeah the curves are good. Infact the road itself is fantastic. It's just those stupid guys who occupy the right lane with one hand on the phone that get my goat.

There are two steep curves on the ORR too which are adrenaline-inducing .

Quote:
Btw, i liked the way you said, it needs a dash on the ORR
Sorry, I meant dash "of" the ORR (or "dose of the ORR").

Actually, "on" is alright too I guess, but then I meant a high-speed run and not our Hyderabadi dash .

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st September 2010, 17:27   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey Prashant, your mistaking my comment. I liked the way you said that sentence. To heck with correct english

It felt " NICE"
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:11   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: I was deprived of driving on PVNR and more importanly dropping wifey to airport courtesy her office folks sending a Meru at home.

I hate them
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:18   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: I was deprived of driving on PVNR and more importanly dropping wifey to airport courtesy her office folks sending a Meru at home.

I hate them
lol!

Avi, you should have followed the meru cab or asked the cab driver to follow you!
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:27   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I hate them
Follow my lead. Drive without pretext or reason or excuse .

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th September 2010, 11:35   #657
Team-BHP Support

Finally met my traffic jam on Saturday. Had some shopping to do at Abids and Charminar. Left home at 1:30 PM.
Encountered a jam at Lakdi-ka-pul.
Reached Abids at around 2:15 or so.

Left Abids at 3:30. Bumper to bumper from Madina till Charminar. Reached Charminar at around 4:30. Decided to forgo the shopping and the plan to pick up haleem from Shahdab. Switched on my mobile gps. After selecting all detours, it gave me route from Mehendi Gali and the rear of Begum Bazar.
Narrow alleyways and bad roads. It finally opened up in a lane adjacent to Ek Minar masjid.
Was home at at exactly 5:20.

The Sat Nav is a very helpful tool. A must have accessory for everyone.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:37   #658
BHPian

@mobike008 - Avi, your plan works for me too, I run ahead of the Serengeti Rush, for Raintree to Hitech 8.00 AM - 8.20 AM and Hitech - Raintree 6.00 PM - 6.30 PM. Nowadays they allow Hitech traffic under the original Rohtang pass and let traffic towards Hitech from the alternate Kaccha Baralacha La. 2 weeks back water there was scary.

Due to my knee surgery, I get away from holding meetings late in office, so yanked some folks to my rhythm.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:54   #659
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday my dear friend mobike008 convinced me to take the old Sri Sailam highway back into the city to his place at Himayath Nagar. The road runs through Barkhas, old DRDL, Chanchalguda jail and finally through Kanchiguda to Himayath Nagar.

Even on Sunday afternoon the traffic was so bad that I could move to 3rd gear . I don't know how I got persuaded to take that route. May be I'll ask mobike008 to compensate me for the torture meted out to the Storm and my left foot.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:08   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
May be I'll ask mobike008 to compensate me for the torture meted out to the Storm and my left foot.
Didnt i compensate by giving a running commentary of the rich culture and heritage of Old City and also showing you ex-abode of my ex-chairman?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks