Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 15:21   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Yesterday my dear friend mobike008 convinced me to take the old Sri Sailam highway back into the city to his place at Himayath Nagar. The road runs through Barkhas, old DRDL, Chanchalguda jail and finally through Kanchiguda to Himayath Nagar.

Even on Sunday afternoon the traffic was so bad that I could move to 3rd gear . I don't know how I got persuaded to take that route. May be I'll ask mobike008 to compensate me for the torture meted out to the Storm and my left foot.
Well, what do you prefer----trekking in deep forests or driving in an urban jungle?? You've had a taste of both on the same day, no?
Old 6th September 2010, 16:37   #662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Didnt i compensate by giving a running commentary of the rich culture and heritage of Old City and also showing you ex-abode of my ex-chairman?
Fat load of good it did! My foot is still sore. I'mgoing to extract my revenge by taking the WA on my TD and believe me it would be similar to the Nano . After that if you don't want to recognise me, no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, what do you prefer----trekking in deep forests or driving in an urban jungle?? You've had a taste of both on the same day, no?
Trekking in deep forests anyday. BTW there are certain stretches in the urban jungle which are better than others. I wanted to take one of those stretches but alas
Old 15th September 2010, 16:38   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning was caught up in a lot of traffic between Police Commisioner office in Gachibowli till the Gachibowli crossroads (ORR Signal).

It took me more than 25 minutes to cover that 0.5km stretch.

These days its hard to predict where the traffic jam is going to crop up and at what time.
Old 16th September 2010, 13:47   #664
BHPian

@mobike008, How bad in the road if you turn left before police commissioner office, go through Oakridge, underneath ORR, Nankramguda and into the MS/WIPRO/ISB road.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:20   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
@mobike008, How bad in the road if you turn left before police commissioner office, go through Oakridge, underneath ORR, Nankramguda and into the MS/WIPRO/ISB road.
The last time I drove that path the road was good but undulating up to near Oakridge, and then there are lots of ditches and ruts on that narrow road in Nanakramguda village (once you cross the ORR). This was before the monsoons. I'm sure that second stretch (in the village) is worse now.

@Avi: The best route to work from Himayathnagar is Himayathnagar -> Liberty -> Ravindra Bharathi -> Lakdikapul -> Masab Tank flyover -> PVNR -> Shamshabad -> ORR -> Gachibowli

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th September 2010, 18:28   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Better would be to take left at Dabha X Road (that's the signal just before Raidurgam Police Station, the road that goes into Lanco Hills/DPS), take the ORR, come out at Gachibowli signal and continue into the regular route. This road, though a bit long is neat but for the occasional potholes and speed breakers. And yes, you get your couple of mins of bliss driving through the ORR before joining Gachibowli.

Don't even try the Nanakramguda road unless you're driving a tractor
Old 17th September 2010, 15:27   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
@Avi: The best route to work from Himayathnagar is Himayathnagar -> Liberty -> Ravindra Bharathi -> Lakdikapul -> Masab Tank flyover -> PVNR -> Shamshabad -> ORR -> Gachibowli
Thanks for suggesting a 50kms detour to cover 22kms. I am currently mulling over it and considering the situation of traffic these days, i may even consider it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KESriram View Post
Better would be to take left at Dabha X Road (that's the signal just before Raidurgam Police Station, the road that goes into Lanco Hills/DPS), take the ORR, come out at Gachibowli signal and continue into the regular route. This road, though a bit long is neat but for the occasional potholes and speed breakers. And yes, you get your couple of mins of bliss driving through the ORR before joining Gachibowli.
Being an route experimentative person, i tried that route more than twice and as you said apart from a couple of mins of moksh on ORR it is even worse route.

Especially a small section that goes through a village and roads are so horrendous that i used to really slow down my Viva and now with my new ride? No way, i am taking that route!
Old 18th September 2010, 09:38   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KESriram View Post

Don't even try the Nanakramguda road unless you're driving a tractor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Being an route experimentative person, i tried that route more than twice and as you said apart from a couple of mins of moksh on ORR it is even worse route.

Especially a small section that goes through a village and roads are so horrendous that i used to really slow down my Viva and now with my new ride? No way, i am taking that route!
Avinash - you do not have to cross the village at all on the route suggested by Kesriram since you will turn right on to ORR before you hit the village.

Coming from Tolichowki side, turn left on Nanakramguda road, cross DPS, cross Lanco Hills, cross Oakridge and then continue on the narrow road till you reach the underpass below ORR (if you continue straight from here, you will have to go through the village and then reach Wipro and that is one great off-roading experience), turn right and join ORR to reach Gachibowli Y-Junction from where you can turn left for your destination. The only catch on this route is the narrow stretch of road from Oakridge till the ORR underpass.
Old 18th September 2010, 16:26   #669
BHPian

There might be a lot of traffic chaos tomorrow specifically around tank bund as most ganesh idols are up for immersion on 9th day moreover being a sunday most pandal committee members who usually wait till 11 days are also changing the immersion
to the 9th day.traffic would not be allowed on the main procession route, starting from chandrayangutta to upper tank bund Road through afzal gunj and abids.
Old 19th September 2010, 15:56   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Avinash - you do not have to cross the village at all on the route suggested by Kesriram since you will turn right on to ORR before you hit the village.
+1

Avi I don't know which is the part you were referring to when you said the road was very horrendous. AFAIK that stretch is *after* the ORR crossing and like hyd_traveller and KESriram say you don't hit that stretch if you take the ORR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The only catch on this route is the narrow stretch of road from Oakridge till the ORR underpass.
That's not a bad stretch from the road surface PoV but yes, there are some blind curves and since there is heavy traffic on this narrow stretch one needs to be careful.

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th September 2010, 15:24   #671
BHPian

There will be a lot of Traffic Restrictions tomorrow due to final day of Ganesh Immersion,
Please find below a release from Hyderabad Traffic Police.

Restrictions start at 3 PM

* At the Hotel Marriot traffic junction, traffic coming from Karbala Maidan will not be allowed towards the Upper Tank Bund (except vehicles carrying idols for immersion) and will be diverted towards Kavadiguda crossroads.

* Those intending to go towards Liberty must go via Kavadiguda crossroads, DBR Mills, Indira Park and Domalguda.

* Those intending to go towards Khairatabad and Panjagutta may take the route via Ranigunj, Sanjeevaiah Park, Necklace Road and Khairatabad flyover.

* At the Necklace Rotary, traffic will not be allowed towards the NTR Marg (except vehicles carrying Ganesh idols for immersion) and will be diverted towards Necklace Road or the Mint Compound road.

* At Telugu Talli statue junction, traffic will not be allowed towards NTR Marg and will be diverted towards Iqbal Minar at Telugu Talli junction.

* The traffic going towards Secunderabad should take Telugu Talli flyover and go to Katta Maisamma temple, DBR Mills and then proceed towards Kavadiguda crossroads.

* At DBR, traffic coming from Goshala and going to upper Tank Bund will be diverted at DBR towards lower Tank Bund.

Hope this info is helpful for Bhpians in hyderabad
Old 20th September 2010, 15:35   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, my WA got its first taste of PVNR expressway at 4AM this morning even if the occasion was not on a good note when i had to drop mom off at the airport to catch the first flight out to Delhi for some emergency.

It took me 35 minutes to reach airport and 25 mins to come back home. And, yes the WA performed beautifully on those open roads.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:01   #673
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Is the final immersion day tomorrow or Wednesday? I remember reading in the papers that the state govt declared Wednesday as a holiday, but I may be wrong.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:04   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,
Is the final immersion day tomorrow or Wednesday? I remember reading in the papers that the state govt declared Wednesday as a holiday, but I may be wrong.
Deloitte has moved the holiday from Tuesday to Wednesday on account of the immersion.

BTW does anyone know how much would Raj Bhavan Road / Somajiguda circle be affected with the road blockages as it will determine whether I'll be able to come to office or go to PVR for afternoon show :P
Old 20th September 2010, 17:06   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Deloitte has moved the holiday from Tuesday to Wednesday on account of the immersion.

BTW does anyone know how much would Raj Bhavan Road / Somajiguda circle be affected with the road blockages as it will determine whether I'll be able to come to office or go to PVR for afternoon show :P
+1 to your views---both on Raj Bhavan Rd and PVR

Most Viewed