Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 12:21   #871
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Is there any traffic disruption towards KBR park/ Jubliee Hills on a/c of bandh by TDP ?

There isn't any diversion per se but as and when the flow of the party cadres grows the road would be a little bothersome. Try to avoid it take the krishna nagar road.
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:21   #872
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

There was something new at the Jubilee Hills Check Post signal. Instead of all directions the right turn has a shorter duration now.
i.e. Signal turns green. You can proceed straight or take left turn. Right turn starts after a few seconds. In that time period the opposite side is allowed to go straight.

Plus, Cyber Towers gets a new Camera for enforcing the red light.
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:25   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice update Bblost, will be taking that route today.

This info helps as most nerds wanting to go right wait either in center or left most corner
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:18   #874
BHPian

Hyderabad Traffic Police on its FaceBook Page has started updating public on traffic conditions for the day.

Whether it is a one time update or will it become a regular continuous updation remains to be seen.

Anyway, todays update :
A Relay hunger Strike will be continued at Indira Park, Beside NTR Stadium, Lower Tankbund, Hyderabad by Telangana Girijana Aashrama Patashala Hostel from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. So, please avoid the above mentioned route as traffic jam may occur.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:43   #875
Team-BHP Support

Sorry for going off topic, but what is the meaning of a relay hunger strike.

Is it like Guy 1, eats nothing for 5 mins, then Guy 2 eats nothing for 5 minutes and so on...
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:58   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hyderabad Traffic Police on its FaceBook Page has started updating public on traffic conditions for the day.

Whether it is a one time update or will it become a regular continuous updation remains to be seen.

Anyway, todays update :
A Relay hunger Strike will be continued at Indira Park, Beside NTR Stadium, Lower Tankbund, Hyderabad by Telangana Girijana Aashrama Patashala Hostel from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. So, please avoid the above mentioned route as traffic jam may occur.
I went to Indira Park at 12.30 and there was no sign of any relay hunger strike. So just breezed through. I guess they chickened out
Old 27th December 2010, 13:29   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It's not a function. Today's a special day as it marks the begining of Sankranthi festival ( I think its called Sravanam, not sure being a true blue hindu) and pooja festivities at my home too with mom fasting.

I saw a queue in Himayathnagar begining from the TTD Balaji temple until the Liberty crossroads. People are patiently standing in that queue and reading the slokas book
That day (17 December) was "Vaikuntha Ekadasi", Lord Venkateswara's mostest favouritest day of the year. In TTD's main temple atop Tirumala hill, they open a special gate called the "Vaikuntha Dwaram" on this day, which is the reason for those huge crowds. The previous day (16 December) was also the beginning of "Dhanurmasam" (a special month).

On 17 December I stood for 13 hrs in the INR 300 queue at Tirumala. If there's an award for patience exhibited by an atheist it must be given to me. Thank God (yes, I'm still an atheist) for BQ because the driving on 16th/18th was absolutely effortless and didn't compound my woes (arising out of stiff legs).

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 27th December 2010 at 13:30. Reason: Dec. 17, 2010 == Vaikuntha Ekadasi
Old 28th December 2010, 02:37   #878
BHPian

I have noticed a weird thing being done by the traffic police today near the shoppers stop mall @ Begumpet.

As there is a soil test going on in that area for the metro rail project i guess they are using it or for traffic congestion problem .

Well what i saw was the police personnel placed the traffic cones in middle of the road right in front of Shoppers stop making it into a two lane road and were stopping one lane and letting the other one go and vice versa. IMHO i think this thing caused more traffic snarls then usual. If your taking that route trying staying to the extreme left corner for easier passage
Old 28th December 2010, 09:35   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
I have noticed a weird thing being done by the traffic police today near the shoppers stop mall @ Begumpet.

Well what i saw was the police personnel placed the traffic cones in middle of the road right in front of Shoppers stop making it into a two lane road and were stopping one lane and letting the other one go and vice versa. IMHO i think this thing caused more traffic snarls then usual. If your taking that route trying staying to the extreme left corner for easier passage
Did you observe this recently.?They have been doing this for the last 6 months or so.

A similar strategy is adopted by traffic police at HPS.(before the petrol bunk)
Old 28th December 2010, 11:14   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post

As there is a soil test going on in that area for the metro rail project i guess they are using it or for traffic congestion problem .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Did you observe this recently.?They have been doing this for the last 6 months or so.

A similar strategy is adopted by traffic police at HPS.(before the petrol bunk)
This has been there for quite sometime and works beautifully in the evening. Kudos to HTP for having instilled a sense of discipline to the errant motorists of Hyderabad. But they still have a long way to go.

Cheers
Old 29th December 2010, 12:52   #881
Team-BHP Support

New traffic Camera's have been installed.
After the Raheja Mindspace/ Westin entrance, if you take a left to go towards Durgam Chevuru.

I hope it is to catch and fine the penny pinching idiots who drive on the wrong side to save some petrol.
Old 29th December 2010, 16:45   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
New traffic Camera's have been installed.
After the Raheja Mindspace/ Westin entrance, if you take a left to go towards Durgam Chevuru.

I hope it is to catch and fine the penny pinching idiots who drive on the wrong side to save some petrol.
Then we need to have these cameras on the Old Bombay road between the Hi-Tec entrance road and Rayadurgam cross. There are many people who take the median break just after crossing Shell (while going towards Gachibowli from Tolichowki) and drive on the opposite side to reach the Hi-Tec entrance road. The U-turn is hardly half a km away.

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th December 2010, 08:08   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Then we need to have these cameras on the Old Bombay road between the Hi-Tec entrance road and Rayadurgam cross. There are many people who take the median break just after crossing Shell (while going towards Gachibowli from Tolichowki) and drive on the opposite side to reach the Hi-Tec entrance road. The U-turn is hardly half a km away.

Regards,
spadix
I agree in toto. I've come across many such nitwits.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:24   #884
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed that many roads in Hyderabad over the last few weeks have been laid and have become smooth.Its a pleasure to drive now.

Some roads like the center point-Bowenpally checkpost road, which is near that pulla reddy petrol bunk was in pathetic condition for the 5-6 years has also been laid.

Kudos to the person/people behind this transformation.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:41   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I have noticed that many roads in Hyderabad over the last few weeks have been laid and have become smooth.Its a pleasure to drive now.

Some roads like the center point-Bowenpally checkpost road, which is near that pulla reddy petrol bunk was in pathetic condition for the 5-6 years has also been laid.

Kudos to the person/people behind this transformation.
Agree, Initially I thought it was the President Visit effect but the apprently the euphoria of road laying has continued well into the new yr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks