Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You should have still come. It was hardly 1-2kms from your place. Since we went home a bit early..around 3AM...LOL, cops were already in bed snoring away to glory
Big deal! His place is 3.5 kms away--I am sure because I used to stay on the other side of the SP Road before.

Quote:
@Venu, are you in for the Suryalanka Meet?
Yes, of course!
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:52   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
If you have to go to Vikrampuri (Apollo Hospital, Sports Extreme Bar etc.) from Malkajgiri, is AOC the only route one can take?
There is another fantastic alternative available.

Take the road to ECIL from Malkajgiri and come via.Habsiguda, Tarnaka, Clock tower, Jublee Bus stand and then on to Vikrampuri.

All good roads, slight problem is you have to take a 30-40kmskms detour

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd April 2009 at 15:58.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Take the road to ECIL from Malkajgiri and come via.Habsiguda, Tarnaka, Clock tower, Jublee Bus stand and then on to Vikrampuri.

Avi, That's an excellent suggestion! Only problem will be that NK will have to spend a lot for his fuel bills if he follows that route!

AFAIK, NK, there is no other alternative.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

I have been away from this remarkable Hyderabad delight, but not anymore.
Browsing through the last few pages, understood that we are actually talking about the topic at hand. So I guess it would be me the first one to start rambling here. Whatever...

Btw just for everyone's knowledge I have found a shortcut to Big Cinema from my place. Will find it on the Google maps or onmy SatNav and post
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I have been away from this remarkable Hyderabad delight, but not anymore.
Browsing through the last few pages, understood that we are actually talking about the topic at hand. So I guess it would be me the first one to start rambling here. Whatever...

Btw just for everyone's knowledge I have found a shortcut to Big Cinema from my place. Will find it on the Google maps or onmy SatNav and post
I think you can walk across that barricade that opens up after the IAS officer's quarters, somewhere between Punjagutta and Srinagar Cly Jn. Am I right?
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:12   #81
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Avi, That's an excellent suggestion! Only problem will be that NK will have to spend a lot for his fuel bills if he follows that route!

AFAIK, NK, there is no other alternative.
Trust you guys to come up with practical solutions

I think I will just take the bus
Old 24th April 2009, 17:50   #82
BHPian

Quote:
@Nagvasi Reddy: Good to see someone post about this side of Sec. I thought everyone here lived in the prim and propah' Hyd

If you have to go to Vikrampuri (Apollo Hospital, Sports Extreme Bar etc.) from Malkajgiri, is AOC the only route one can take? Some sections of the AOC road are extremely bad despite coming under defence zone.
Hi NK, do you live in Malkajgiri?

I feel that Malkajgiri/Safilguda is one of the unique places in Hyd. It's gridlocked on all sides with railway tracks (that run mainly goods trains), cantonment area, a couple of lakes, what not.

Coming to your question, yes, AOC is the shortest route.

BTW, the name is Nag Vasireddy
Old 24th April 2009, 18:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post

Har har, everyone gets it wrong the first time!
Old 24th April 2009, 21:01   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
Hi NK, do you live in Malkajgiri?

I feel that Malkajgiri/Safilguda is one of the unique places in Hyd. It's gridlocked on all sides with railway tracks (that run mainly goods trains), cantonment area, a couple of lakes, what not.

Coming to your question, yes, AOC is the shortest route.

Hi Nag (thanks for correcting me!),

Yup, I live in Malkajgiri; Anandbagh to be precise. Do you live closeby?
Old 25th April 2009, 10:40   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Har har, everyone gets it wrong the first time!
LOL! I am used it. Some one even addressed me as Naga Siva Reddy

Quote:

I live in Malkajgiri; Anandbagh to be precise. Do you live closeby?
Yes, in Defence colony, Sainikpuri. I have PM'ed my contact number to you. Let's meet one of these days.
Old 13th May 2009, 11:05   #86
BHPian

Begumpet flyover

About a month ago there were a few posts on the divider on the Begumpet flyover being shifted to widen one side.

That work is over but now, on that side of the flyover (going towards Punjagutta), there is an island divider that is about three or four car lengths long.

I first thought it was meant to separate the traffic intending to turn right to Greenlands (after descending from the flyover) from the traffic going straight to Punjagutta but that can't be it. It is too short and placed too early for this purpose. It seems a hazard to me - it is usually hidden from sight till you reach it because of the slope of the flyover and the traffic ahead and comes as a surprise to anyone who hasn't seen it before.

Does anyone know if there was any purpose for this or if something is going to be done on it? One of my colleagues believes the GHMC wants to put up a statue on it. At least that will act as a warning.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:27   #87
Senior - BHPian

@straightdrive---I've covered your query on the Begumpet flyover in a previous post.
That 'island' divider is there because the Railways objected to its removal---they said it would weaken the flyover as that point was some kind of reinforcement.

Therefore GHMC had no option. But they've built a mild speed-breaker before it to slow down fast-moving vehicles, perhaps with an intention to give them sufficient time to veer away from the obstruction.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@straightdrive---I've covered your query on the Begumpet flyover in a previous post.
That 'island' divider is there because the Railways objected to its removal---they said it would weaken the flyover as that point was some kind of reinforcement.

Therefore GHMC had no option. But they've built a mild speed-breaker before it to slow down fast-moving vehicles, perhaps with an intention to give them sufficient time to veer away from the obstruction.
How can a divider be a reinforcement totally evades me. Goes against the logic of Civil Engineering
Old 13th May 2009, 14:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
....--they said it would weaken the flyover as that point was some kind of reinforcement.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
How can a divider be a reinforcement totally evades me. Goes against the logic of Civil Engineering
Maybe it is connected to a reinforcing beam/girder underneath - don't know if that is possible - just guessing.
Old 13th May 2009, 15:07   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of you knowledagble people here are worthy candidates of being strategic consultants to GHMC !!!

Most Viewed