Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 07:06   #931
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Roads being blocked by Traffic Police today :

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20110310_0658.jpg
Old 10th March 2011, 07:17   #932
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Roads being blocked by Traffic Police today :

Attachment 514739
Bajaj Saab, any idea from when the restriction starts as I have to catch a train at 5PM from Nampally/5.30 - Sec'Bad
Old 10th March 2011, 07:50   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Bajaj Saab, any idea from when the restriction starts as I have to catch a train at 5PM from Nampally/5.30 - Sec'Bad
I believe the restriction starts at 6 AM, so it must have already started.

Cheers,
Old 10th March 2011, 09:53   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I believe the restriction starts at 6 AM, so it must have already started.

Cheers,
As per the map, the restriction is supposed to be there on Raj Bhavan Road from both Somajiguda and Khairtabad side. There were Police barricades but after a lot people raised a lot of hue and cry, the police opened up the restriction and let people through. APSRTC buses are plying and petrol pumps are open as well but I understand the MMTS is not running barring Lingampally to Falaknuma route.
Old 10th March 2011, 10:26   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
As per the map, the restriction is supposed to be there on Raj Bhavan Road from both Somajiguda and Khairtabad side. There were Police barricades but after a lot people raised a lot of hue and cry, the police opened up the restriction and let people through. APSRTC buses are plying and petrol pumps are open as well but I understand the MMTS is not running barring Lingampally to Falaknuma route.
Have just reached office after a horrible Jam on Rajbhavan road (Necklace road MMTS junction).There is a barricade on Somajiguda circle and the hence the traffic is restricted.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:34   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Have just reached office after a horrible Jam on Rajbhavan road (Necklace road MMTS junction).There is a barricade on Somajiguda circle and the hence the traffic is restricted.
The barricade at Somajiguda Circle on Raj Bhawan Road has been removed and the traffic is flowing freely in both directions.

It took me 20 minutes at 9:00am from Raj Bhawan Road to Oakridge School in Nanakramguda. It took me 20 minutes from Kondapur to Raj Bhawan Road at 11:30am.

I guess I will be able to return back from Gachibowli easily at 1:30pm considering the free flowing traffic situation and thus can lunch at home on Rajmah-Chawal as opposed to the proposed lunch at Foon "n" I.

Update : Note : Raj Bhawan Road has been sealed again. The Police is not allowing anyone.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 10th March 2011 at 12:54.
Old 10th March 2011, 13:12   #937
Senior - BHPian

I too drove to the Satnav Office near MC's office and found traffic to be normal, albeit a little thin. This was 40 minutes ago.

Note: As I was on a scooter, I drove back home in the wrong direction, as I did not want to risk being stopped at Somajiguda Jn. But I did see traffic moving on both sides of the road.

Last edited by vnabhi : 10th March 2011 at 13:13.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:58   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
It took me 20 minutes at 9:00am from Raj Bhawan Road to Oakridge School in Nanakramguda.
Which plane were you flying?

Regards,
spadix
Old 10th March 2011, 17:44   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Which plane were you flying?

Regards,
spadix
My personal plane or aircraft today was a Maruti Alto VXi 2001 Model with 36K on the odo piloted by me and in Logan by my driver (did that run twice today).

I did not have to slow down or apply breaks at any of the bottlenecks like SriNagar Colony TurnOff after Almond House or at Road No. 3 Mosque or at Cinemax Junction or at FilmNagar Junction.

The only place where I had to slow down was near Whisper Valley when taking the right turn to join Old Mumbai Highway and that too because an Indica tailgated a brand new temp numbered red Swift (luckily I was in the left lane and they were in the right lane so only had to slow down for a moment).

By the way, that journey takes just 30 minutes on a normal day (I rarely venture out during peak times so cannot comment on run time during peak traffic).
Old 10th March 2011, 21:12   #940
Senior - BHPian

My office declared a half day leave today. So I went back home around 2:30 from Panjagutta to Masab Tank and road was pretty free from traffic. Police had blocked the way in front of Hyderabad Central to Khairatabad circle and also a left turn from road no:1 towards Taj Deccan.

In the evening while returning back home after picking the wife up there was terrible jam from in front of Care hospital till Masab Tank flyover on road no:1. Traffice was literally crawling. Thank god I took my bike in the evening.
Old 11th March 2011, 04:56   #941
BHPian

If you found that to be crawling, then you should have seen the traffic from Mehdipatnam till Masab Tank. The jam was right from Rethibowli till Masab Tank X Roads. It took of literally 1 hour to go from Rethibowli till Masab Tank on my bike. The Flyovers were barricaded till 8.00.
Old 11th March 2011, 12:09   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
It took of literally 1 hour to go from Rethibowli till Masab Tank on my bike. The Flyovers were barricaded till 8.00.
Oh!! it was so bad!! why till 8 p.m? the telangana march was supposed to be till 4 p.m ? More than the protestors , i think it was the Hyderabad Police's over cautious approach that inconvenienced the travellers. But something better should be planned next time as it looks like, this telangana movement is here to stay.
Bless my company for declaring a half day yesterday
Old 16th March 2011, 12:36   #943
Senior - BHPian

Folks
It's been a few months since I travelled towards Financial district via Gachibowli and Infosys. I had to drop my wife today at TCS, near Honeywell.

I gritted my teeth while approaching the Gachibowli Jn, but got through that 1 Km stretch in 3 minutes. But what I did not expect was a huge jam from the other end of the flyover under construction till the T Jn near IIIT.

It took more than 15 mintues to cross that stretch, and I felt that traffic at Begumpet was better than this area. Was it a one-off case, or is it a daily nightmare?

While returning, I took the Nanakramguda route from Wipro Jn. Despite the narrow road with sharp edges for half a km, I found it to be a far better bet to avoid that mayhem.
Old 16th March 2011, 14:00   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It took more than 15 mintues to cross that stretch, and I felt that traffic at Begumpet was better than this area. Was it a one-off case, or is it a daily nightmare?
It's a peak time thing. Any time after say 11 am and it's very empty.

And it'll get resolved soon. I don't know why, but the authorities are re-constructing the median on ISB Road. Most of the work is done. Another week or two and it should be fully done. The median re-construction consumes 3 lanes out of 6 (both sides together), and that's badly hurt throughput on ISB road, with spillover effects on the Gachibowli X road to IIIT Junction stretch.

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th March 2011, 14:40   #945
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning around 9am, I took my usual route via. Lumbini Park and saw all motorists taking U-turn hastily before NTR gardens. Following the herd mentality, i too quickly turned back and took the Lakdki-pul, Mehdipatnam route to Gachibowli.

There was heavy traffic at Ravindra Bharati, Lakdikapul which was really bad and made me curse my decision. But, then it got freed up until crossing Toli Chowki after which there is a narrow road at a signal (left from here goes to Manikonda). Here there was another jam. Not too bad though.

However, after that it was a breeze and no traffic as Venu's experience. But, typically there is a jam a few days of the week during peak hour.

Still did this route in 1 hour.

Looks like due to summer, more and more people are leaving early in morning to office. Time to switch to a later time to head out from home.

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th March 2011 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks