Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 14:52   #946
Senior - BHPian

Sainikpuri/ECIL/AS Rao Nagar to NH7 at Kompally

I am not sure if this route has been discussed earlier,if not I would like to share this new route which makes it easier for people from this part of the world to reach NH7(Nagpur direction).

Coming from Sainikpuri,go past CDM(College of Defence Management) and at the next junction,take a semi-u-right towards Yapral.You are now on the Yapral Main Road.Continue straight on the road till Kowkur Dargah.Once you see the dargah,follow the road and take the natural left and continue straight.The road cuts across the Karimnagar highway(Shamirpet road) and continues straight towards Risala Bazaar.At Risala Bazaar,at the T junction,take a right and then take the second left(road to Bolarum Railway station).Cross the level crossing and continue straight,you are now on the Kompally-Risalabazaar Road and you reach NH7 at Kompally in 4kms.

Total distance from Sainikpuri to Kompally NH7 touchpoint is 16kms and time taken is 25mins.I found this to be the easiest way to get to that part of the city.

The Yapral-Kowkur-RisalaBazaar road is also a very good alternative to the heavily congested Trimulgherry X Roads-Alwal-Bolarum Ayyappa Temple corridor.The Kowkur route is courtesy the bus drivers of schools located in Kompally side.Hardly any traffic on this route,except for these school buses and local residents.
Old 16th March 2011, 15:04   #947
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Looks like due to summer, more and more people are leaving early in morning to office. Time to switch to a later time to head out from home.
Summer or Winter, my timings are still the same. Leave home at 10:00, reach office by 11.00

Traffic at Toli Chowki is pathetically bad these days. Other day, I started early from my Gachibowli office at 5.30 and by the time I reached Toli Chowki X Roads, it was jam packed. Same scenario yesterday, started at 7.30 to meet heavy traffic jam at Toli Chowki. Something needs to be done about the Hawkers at the Toli Chowki X Roads roundabout. They seem to spill over onto the roads with their goods/carts. The traffic jam which starts from Galaxy Theatre continues till Bandhan Function Hall, near Yusuf Tekdi.
Old 16th March 2011, 16:29   #948
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Gachibowli guys----a quick question.

Is there an exit from the ORR to Nanakramguda? I did use that road in the oppositie direction this morning from Financial District to Gachibowli Jn.
I plan to use it in a few minutes assuming there is one. The other option is to go via IIIT and return via the ORR, just like I'd done in the morning.
Old 16th March 2011, 16:50   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gachibowli guys----a quick question.

Is there an exit from the ORR to Nanakramguda? I did use that road in the oppositie direction this morning from Financial District to Gachibowli Jn.
I plan to use it in a few minutes assuming there is one. The other option is to go via IIIT and return via the ORR, just like I'd done in the morning.
Coming from Wipro Junction towards Nanakramguda, you can turn right for Airport via ORR, you can turn left for Gachibowli via ORR or you can continue straight to Oakridge, DPS, etc.

Essentially you can go from any one road to the other htree roads at this junction as this junction is now fully functional.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 16th March 2011 at 16:51.
Old 16th March 2011, 17:06   #950
BHPian

Yes Venu Saab, there's an exit on the ORR, which leads to the round-about at Nanakramguda. Once you descend from the exit, you can take the round about to go towards Nanakramguda.
Old 16th March 2011, 18:32   #951
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nikhil. I did not have to use either option as my wife took a lift till Mind Space Jn.

Bajaj sa'ab---my question was for the opposite direction flow (from Gachibowli to Wipro Jn via ORR). Nikhil has understood my question correctly.

I'd used the route you suggested this morning, but was not sure if there was a functional exit from ORR the other way round.

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th March 2011 at 18:34.
Old 16th March 2011, 18:48   #952
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sainikpuri/ECIL/AS Rao Nagar to NH7 at Kompally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Total distance from Sainikpuri to Kompally NH7 touchpoint is 16kms and time taken is 25mins.I found this to be the easiest way to get to that part of the city.

The Yapral-Kowkur-RisalaBazaar road is also a very good alternative to the heavily congested Trimulgherry X Roads-Alwal-Bolarum Ayyappa Temple corridor.The Kowkur route is courtesy the bus drivers of schools located in Kompally side.Hardly any traffic on this route,except for these school buses and local residents.
My one-time experience with this route (when I was on my way to the Shamirpet drive meet) wasn't that great, as I mentioned perhaps in the meet thread or maybe earlier in this one.

There was this JCB which slowed everyone down and it was a royal pain. Perhaps it was just a one-off thing.

Did you try the other route I mentioned? The one via Tri'gry PO, Lalbazar and MD farm? I think it may be a little better, except for those 3 or 4 ditches between Lalbazar and Teacher's Colony bus stop.

Regards,
spadix
Old 16th March 2011, 18:55   #953
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sainikpuri/ECIL/AS Rao Nagar to NH7 at Kompally

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Did you try the other route I mentioned? The one via Tri'gry PO, Lalbazar and MD farm? I think it may be a little better, except for those 3 or 4 ditches between Lalbazar and Teacher's Colony bus stop.
Hey thanx for that,I did try the other route the last time,its pretty good as well,though a little narrow,it would work for people wanting to get to reach NH7 earlier than Kompally.For me I had to get to Abhaya School which means the Kowkur route worked for me because this route landed me closer to the school(near The Apparel Park)
Old 21st March 2011, 11:32   #954
BHPian

Masab Tank Flyover

It was a pleasant surprise, while coming back from the airport yesterday, to see that the divider has been extended on the Masab Tank Flyover making it impossible for 2/3/4-wheelers to take a U-Turn and obstruct the free flow of the traffic, on this narrow bridge.

The divider has been put up right from NMDC end of the flyover upto Chef Inam's Steak House and then again from Bowl O China till Mahaveer Hospital end of the flyover.

I guess the small gap that has been left between Chef Inam's Steak House and Bowl O China is meant to give leeway to the Police to divert traffic on those special days when they need to close the flyover on certain festivals and bandhs or it could be that they have not yet completed the partitioning and it is Work In Progress.

Whatever the reasons, the traffic is now much smoother in flow and very very risk free to drive though frustratingly slow as the slow moving autos refuse to keep in the left most lane.

I am sure that this flyover will bring back the ghastly images of that accident caused by an empty ambulance belonging to Vikarabad(?) being driven rashly by its driver, who after having dropped the patient, drove on the wrong side on the flyover in an attempt to overtake slow moving vehicles but ending up plowing into multiple vehicles including a few autos and many many 2-wheelers causing so many deaths and injuries.
Old 21st March 2011, 13:27   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Masab Tank Flyover

It was a pleasant surprise, while coming back from the airport yesterday, to see that the divider has been extended on the Masab Tank Flyover making it impossible for 2/3/4-wheelers to take a U-Turn and obstruct the free flow of the traffic, on this narrow bridge.
This divider has been constructed around a month now when I noticed it but, it skipped my mind to mention it here as most of the evenings i am taking this route back home as I have to stop enroute someplace for my daily jog

Btw, it is still not safe as i have noticed some 2-wheelers and autorickshaw take a U-turn from where the divider ends. Actually they should have extended it till this divider meets the original one.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:18   #956
Senior - BHPian

I went towards Sangeet this morning on a 2-wheeler and was shouted upon by cops when I was taking a right turn there from the main road. Luckily there was enough room to get back into the straight flow of traffic.

I am pretty sure there was not a single board that prohibited a right turn, though there were plenty asking people to stop before the stop line.

I wonder when they implemented this, but it surely seems to have helped smoothen the traffic.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:30   #957
BHPian

Quote:
I went towards Sangeet this morning on a 2-wheeler and was shouted upon by cops when I was taking a right turn there from the main road. Luckily there was enough room to get back into the straight flow of traffic.
Venu Saab, this has been on for a pretty long time. The do not allow the traffic coming from Station to turn right towards Mettuguda & in the same way, they don't allow the traffic coming from St. Johns road to turn right towards Sangeet/S.D. Road.

Quote:
I am pretty sure there was not a single board that prohibited a right turn, though there were plenty asking people to stop before the stop line.
There were boards earlier, which were removed recently due to the road expansion thing and other so-called development works going on in that area.

Quote:
I wonder when they implemented this, but it surely seems to have helped smoothen the traffic.
This has been on for a long time. They recently relaxed it for a couple of weeks and now, its back.
Old 22nd March 2011, 17:41   #958
Senior - BHPian

I saw this today.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-img00002201103221113.jpg

An innovative way to fight the RTO Cops
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:00   #959
Team-BHP Support

Banjara Hills Rd 10 can be quite jammed during the evening hours. Its gonna be worse today. At least 25% of the road is dug up in the stretch between City Center and Rainbow Hospital. The broken road is on the Rainbow Hospital Side.
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:24   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Banjara Hills Rd 10 can be quite jammed during the evening hours. Its gonna be worse today. At least 25% of the road is dug up in the stretch between City Center and Rainbow Hospital. The broken road is on the Rainbow Hospital Side.
I travel on this road almost every single day including yesterday evening and this morning.

Didnt find it that incovenient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks