Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:10   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Folks,
Has the traffic situation improved between Gachibowli Jn to IIIT Jn, or is it as bad as a week ago?
I need to drop my wife at TCS on Friday, so might take the ORR to Nanakramguda route if the situation on the IIIT Jn has not improved.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:28   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,
Has the traffic situation improved between Gachibowli Jn to IIIT Jn, or is it as bad as a week ago?
I need to drop my wife at TCS on Friday, so might take the ORR to Nanakramguda route if the situation on the IIIT Jn has not improved.
It all depends on the time of the day. I usually reach office after 11 am. Although I approach the junction from HCU, I never see a huge build-up of traffic on the Vinayakanagar/Gachibowli side of the junction.

If you come here via Filmnagar and Whisper Valley (I assume that is the case as you frequently refer to the VW showroom <-> Apollo road) then it may be better to take the road that leads to Nanakramguda at Rayadurgam itself, just to escape the 9-10 am madness at both junctions.

Regards,
spadix
Old 25th March 2011, 13:46   #963
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
It all depends on the time of the day. I usually reach office after 11 am. Although I approach the junction from HCU, I never see a huge build-up of traffic on the Vinayakanagar/Gachibowli side of the junction.

If you come here via Filmnagar and Whisper Valley (I assume that is the case as you frequently refer to the VW showroom <-> Apollo road) then it may be better to take the road that leads to Nanakramguda at Rayadurgam itself, just to escape the 9-10 am madness at both junctions.

Regards,
spadix
Thanks. I took some visiting pals from Delhi to ICICI bank area at Gachibowli at midnight 2 days ago, and found that the divider was still an issue near IIIT.

Therefore, I used the ORR route this morning and the route was really smooth. Only had a minor problem of waiting for a couple of minutes at a narrow stretch at Nanakramguda where the edges are very steep.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:07   #964
BHPian

Today I took a rather different route to reach office, instead of the regular route.

I normally take the Maruthi Nagar - Chaitanya Puri - Dilsukh Nagar - Malakpet - Chanchalguda - Madina - High Court - Begum Bazaar/Dhoolpet - Asif Nagar - Mehdipatnam - Gachibowli. I go from High Court as have to drop Mom at Office. This route takes me approx 1.5 Hours to reach Gachibowli Office.

Today, I took a different route & reached office in approximately less than an hour. Maruthi Nagar - Chaitanya Puri - Dilsukh Nagar - Malakpet - Chanchalguda - Madina - High Court - Karwaan - Langar House - Narsingi - ORR - Nanakramguda - Gachibowli. The route from Langar House till Nanakramguda was comfortable ride, crusing easily at real good speeds on those wide roads. This might be a Km or two extra but saves a lot of pain of the Stop & Go traffic.

I would love to take this route to come to office, to avoid the traffic snarls at Mehdipatnam, Rethi Bowli, Toli Chowki, Raidurg, Nanakramguda X Roads, Gachibowli X Roads.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:31   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I would love to take this route to come to office, to avoid the traffic snarls at Mehdipatnam, Rethi Bowli, Toli Chowki, Raidurg, Nanakramguda X Roads, Gachibowli X Roads.
I have dropped my wife a couple of times at Taramati Baradari, so I will vouch for the route from Langarhouz to Gachibowli via ORR
Old 29th March 2011, 15:09   #966
BHPian

Need advice/suggestions about the route:

I travel from New Maruthi Nagar (Kothapet) to Gachibowli everyday. My main responsibilty is to drop mom enroute at High Court, so that she can travel to her office and I go ahead towards my office. My mom works at Govt. Ayurvedic Pharmacy at Katedan (she got deputed here 6 years ago).

ROUTE A: Maruthi Nagar - Malakpet - High Court - Mehdipatnam - Gachibowli

As i've mentioned earlier, I normally take the Maruthi Nagar - Chaitanya Puri - Dilsukh Nagar - Malakpet - Chanchalguda - Madina - High Court - Begum Bazaar/Dhoolpet - Asif Nagar - Mehdipatnam - Gachibowli.

This route is about 30 Kms and takes me approx 1.5 Hours to reach Gachibowli Office.

Pain Points: Traffic at Dilsukh Nagar, Traffic at Malakpet, Traffic at Mehdipatnam, Traffic at Toli Chowki, Traffic at Raidurg, Traffic at Nanakramguda, Traffic at Gachibowli (near ORR entrance)

Most of the drive at Dilsukh Nagar, Malakpet, Toli Chowki, Raidurg, Nanakramguda is generally in 1-2-3 gears.

ROUTE B: Maruthi Nagar - Malakpet - High Court - Langar House - Narsingi - ORR Gachibowli

The other day I tried a different route and reached office in approximately an hour. Maruthi Nagar - Chaitanya Puri - Dilsukh Nagar - Malakpet - Chanchalguda - Madina - High Court - Karwaan - Langar House - Narsingi - ORR - Nanakramguda - Gachibowli.

The route from Langar House till Nanakramguda was comfortable ride, crusing easily at real good speeds on those wide roads. This might be a Km or two extra but saves a lot of pain of the Stop & Go traffic.

This route is about 33 Kms and takes me approx 1 Hour to reach Gachibowli Office.

Pain Points: Traffic at Dilsukh Nagar, Traffic at Malakpet, Traffic at Karwaan, Traffic at Langar House

Most of the drive at Dilsukh Nagar, Malakpet, Karwaan, Langar House is generally in 1-2-3 gears.

ROUTE C: Maruthi Nagar - - Aramgarh - Rajendra Nagar - ORR - Gachibowli.

Today I took rather different route altogether. Maruthi Nagar - Karmanghat - Chandrayan Gutta - Aramgarh (dropped mom at office) - Rajendra Nagar - ORR - Nanakramguda - Gachibowli.

This route took me approximately 1 hour to reach office, however the trip meter read as 43 Kms.

Pain Points: Traffic at Karmanghat, Traffic at Santosh Nagar X Roads

Most of the drive from Aramgarh till Nanakramguda Round About is done at a good speeds of 100-110 as post Aramgarh till Nanakramguda Round About I take a good 4 lane road, which converts into ORR at Rajendra Nagar Round About on ORR.

Now, I am confused as which Route makes more sense? I think driving at a good constant speed would not have much impact on my FE but 10 Kms more than the alternate route, is it advisable?
Old 29th March 2011, 15:38   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Need advice/suggestions about the route:

ROUTE A: Maruthi Nagar - Malakpet - High Court - Mehdipatnam - Gachibowli

ROUTE B: Maruthi Nagar - Malakpet - High Court - Langar House - Narsingi - ORR Gachibowli

ROUTE C: Maruthi Nagar - - Aramgarh - Rajendra Nagar - ORR - Gachibowli.

Now, I am confused as which Route makes more sense? I think driving at a good constant speed would not have much impact on my FE but 10 Kms more than the alternate route, is it advisable?
Use Route C, after all, you are a travel-oholic.

Jokes apart, the extra 10 km will certainly help you reduce the wear and tear of the vehicle and that will nullify the extra fuel cost to an extent.
Old 29th March 2011, 16:47   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Use Route C, after all, you are a travel-oholic.

Jokes apart, the extra 10 km will certainly help you reduce the wear and tear of the vehicle and that will nullify the extra fuel cost to an extent.
Not to mention the tension-free drive. However, if you feel the bottlenecks on route C are getting worse, then you may also use route B from time to time.

Route A is best avoided unless you work in shifts.
Old 1st April 2011, 14:57   #969
Senior - BHPian

Pathetically loaded Lingampalli underpass

For two days now it's taken me more than half an hour to cross the Lingampalli underpass. Yesterday was at around 10:00 am, which was only slightly more understandable than today's 1:00 pm.

I think the construction of the over-bridge at the manned crossing and general relaying of that divided four-laned road from that crossing to BHEL is causing all of the BHEL <-> Gopanpally/Nallagandla traffic to use the underpass, creating absolute mayhem at all times.

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st April 2011, 15:25   #970
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pathetically loaded Lingampalli underpass

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
For two days now it's taken me more than half an hour to cross the Lingampalli underpass. Yesterday was at around 10:00 am, which was only slightly more understandable than today's 1:00 pm.

I think the construction of the over-bridge at the manned crossing and general relaying of that divided four-laned road from that crossing to BHEL is causing all of the BHEL <-> Gopanpally/Nallagandla traffic to use the underpass, creating absolute mayhem at all times.

Regards,
spadix
Well, if they are laying a flyover, it is good news, though it is gonna be hell for a year or more for regular commuters on that route.
Old 1st April 2011, 18:44   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, if they are laying a flyover, it is good news, though it is gonna be hell for a year or more for regular commuters on that route.
Absolutely.

I think I should switch to the Hafeezpet + Kondapur route and avoid that underpass. My timings anyway ensure that I'm outside of peak hours both ways, so Kondapur shouldn't be too horrible.

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd April 2011, 11:50   #972
BHPian

Guys, does anyone here have the time table for the A/C coach buses that are operated intra city by RTC? Couldn't find any information about them on the Internet. I travel Tarnaka to Madhapur and am looking for alternative modes of transport..

Thanks!
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:42   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Guys, does anyone here have the time table for the A/C coach buses that are operated intra city by RTC? Couldn't find any information about them on the Internet. I travel Tarnaka to Madhapur and am looking for alternative modes of transport..

Thanks!
Hope this helps : http://apsrtc.gov.in/home/docs/City_AC_Bus_Timings.pdf
Old 3rd April 2011, 15:58   #974
BHPian

Thanks Hyd_Traveller! That is a decent piece of info. I just wish they had the route as well. Something along the lines of MMTS schedule would have been wonderful! I think the ECIL bus goes through Tarnaka.
Old 3rd April 2011, 22:42   #975
Senior - BHPian

That is a nice link, Bajaj saa'b. But unfortunately the routes are not plotted in it. Nor are the stops.

Most Viewed