Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 21:41   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Are you sure its legal. Because I have seen it operate in a very funny manner.

The vehicles from the Ameerpet side cross half the road. Then try and get in front of the vehicles waiting from the Somajiguda side.

When the Somajiguda sides signal turns green for going into Banjara Hills. These vehicles proceed into Banjara Hills.
I gotta cross-check on the legality part, but what you described is exactly what happens in the other direction too, and it seems to have the blessing of the traffic cops.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:25   #992
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Are you sure its legal. Because I have seen it operate in a very funny manner.

The vehicles from the Ameerpet side cross half the road. Then try and get in front of the vehicles waiting from the Somajiguda side.

When the Somajiguda sides signal turns green for going into Banjara Hills. These vehicles proceed into Banjara Hills.
This is not legal.

I see this happening every day (twice).The vehicles from ameerpet side (two wheelers and auto rickshaw's, never seen a car do this) cross the half the road and stop to proceed towards Banjara Hills.

Few days back, saw a traffic cop chase them away towards punjagutta main road.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 27th April 2011 at 10:26.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:59   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning, did a run to airport to drop off mom who is travelling abroad.

Left home at 4:00AM and was at departure terminal at 4:30AM. 30 minutes to cover 36 kms at speeds that were crawling ( atleast for the diesel rocket)

Past few days, I take the Gachibowli-> Tolichowki->Mehdipatnam->Public Gardens ( I go for jog almost daily enroute home) and when i leave offfice around 630pm or so, i am able to reach PG in 45 minutes flat. It's surprising to note as traffic is there but, these days noted that movement is continous and you are not standstill for more than a minute or two.

I am sticking to this route while going back home. Besides, this one is 2kms shorter as well
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:46   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
OT: What do you expect a motor head to do, when going on his first outing with his would-be wife after engagement?
I took her for a spin around the city.
Congratulations, man! Very well done! Edit: Just read the following posts and realized that I too fell into the trap!

My wife still gives me a tough time over my "wasteful" ways as I took ORR-PVNR one day to get to Ameerpet from Miyapur .

I've also lost count of the number of times I've taken the ORR to get to work, like Venu Sir did the other day. The best one was where I missed the team bus on purpose (outing to Pragati resorts), missed the U-turns on the Phase I ORR on purpose, "explored" the ORR upto NS junction interchange and then went to the outing .

I guess the toll gate section is bumpy for a reason. The tollgate part at the NS exit for instance is similarly laid of concrete but are considerably shorter and not that bumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Past few days, I take the Gachibowli-> Tolichowki->Mehdipatnam->Public Gardens ( I go for jog almost daily enroute home) and when i leave offfice around 630pm or so, i am able to reach PG in 45 minutes flat. It's surprising to note as traffic is there but, these days noted that movement is continous and you are not standstill for more than a minute or two.

I am sticking to this route while going back home. Besides, this one is 2kms shorter as well
I like this route. I find the Filmnagar route too crowded these days.

Timing is paramount, however. A few minutes later than 6:30 pm and you can potentially get stuck at multiple places. When the timing is correct, though, you're right about the "continuously moving" bit except for the little commotion at Gachibowli X roads round-about now. Hopefully that'll be resolved soon.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 2nd May 2011 at 15:59.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:53   #995
BHPian

I generally take the ORR now to reach office and back home. I am avoiding the ever jam packed Nanakramguda-Gachibowli-Tolichowki-Mehdipatnam route, I am doing the Nanakramguda-ORR-Langer Houze-Mehdipatnam route these days. Its far better than the jam packed till the brim ToliChowki road due to reduced repeated gear shifts and sparse traffic, not to forget the bliss full drive on the ORR.

The road I take depends on my mood. Sometimes, I do Route A (Nanakramguda-ORR-Langer Houze-Mehdipatnam-Nampally-Kothi-Kothapet), sometimes I do Route B (Nanakramguda-ORR-Rajendra Nagar-Aramgarh-Santosh Nagar-Chandrayangutta-Karmanghat-Kothapet). A difference of hardly 7-8 kms between Route A & Route B, but the difference in traffic density is way way apart.

Last edited by traveloholic : 2nd May 2011 at 15:57.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:56   #996
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, let us get back to the oft-quoted DC Road.

I wonder if there is an election in the corner, as the Durgam Cheruvu road has been recently done up for the most part from Inorbit Mall till the Cyber Motors shop, and work seems to be taking place also on the roads in front of Ascenda's/ VBIT Park.

But the sad part is that they've closed the gap in the divider near PBEL office, forcing guys like me who go to work via Rd #45 and Kavoori Hills to take a left at the intersection and go via the newly-laid road behind Knoah Solutions. A similar difficulty is also there on the return leg, as one needs to turn left at PBEL, proceed to the traffic signal at Madhapur PS and then take a U turn towards PBEL Jn and Kavoori Hills.

That divider was not at all needed on that road in the first place, as there is hardly any traffic on it. It looks like some VIP stays there and got this done to discourage people from using Rd #45 via Kavoori Hills. May his Soul never RIP.
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:02   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A similar difficulty is also there on the return leg, as one needs to turn left at PBEL, proceed to the traffic signal at Madhapur PS and then take a U turn towards PBEL Jn and Kavoori Hills.
Don't you think, there would be heavy traffic build up at Madhapur PS Junction? I feel that most of the people who take that route are the people, who wish to go on Rd #45. Due to the U-Turn, I do foresee a good traffic congestion at Madhapur PS Junction.

Quote:
That divider was not at all needed on that road in the first place, as there is hardly any traffic on it.
+1 on that Venu Saab.

Quote:
It looks like some VIP stays there....... May his Soul never RIP.
Amen, I pray for the same
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:27   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Ok guys, let us get back to the oft-quoted DC Road.
But the sad part is that they've closed the gap in the divider near PBEL office, forcing guys like me who go to work via Rd #45 and Kavoori Hills to take a left at the intersection and go via the newly-laid road behind Knoah Solutions. A similar difficulty is also there on the return leg, as one needs to turn left at PBEL, proceed to the traffic signal at Madhapur PS and then take a U turn towards PBEL Jn and Kavoori Hills.
That divider was not at all needed on that road in the first place, as there is hardly any traffic on it. It looks like some VIP stays there and got this done to discourage people from using Rd #45 via Kavoori Hills. May his Soul never RIP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Don't you think, there would be heavy traffic build up at Madhapur PS Junction? I feel that most of the people who take that route are the people, who wish to go on Rd #45. Due to the U-Turn, I do foresee a good traffic congestion at Madhapur PS Junction.
I am not good with the landmarks and names of the buildings on DC Road, Road No. 45, etc. so please excuse me on that.

Did you know that at present the route from Madhapur Police Station to Road No. 45 involves going via the narrow zig-zag Road No. 44 (which has Gallery of Fine Arts and Indian Immunologicals).

This road will soon become history for travellers once Road No. 45 is extended straight to meet the road opposite Madhapur Police Station as can be seen in the map :

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:50   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I am not good with the landmarks and names of the buildings on DC Road, Road No. 45, etc. so please excuse me on that.

Did you know that at present the route from Madhapur Police Station to Road No. 45 involves going via the narrow zig-zag Road No. 44 (which has Gallery of Fine Arts and Indian Immunologicals).

This road will soon become history for travellers once Road No. 45 is extended straight to meet the road opposite Madhapur Police Station as can be seen in the map :

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Thanks Bajaj sa'ab. We are referring to the same road. I was wrong regarding Rd # 44, and was calling it Rd # 45.

Currently the intersection from Rd #44 to the Road Opp Madhapur PS (aka PBEL Jn) no longer permits a right turn towards the PS as the divider gap has been closed from today. One needs to turn left, drive 200 metres and take a U turn or a right turn to go to Durgam Cheruvu Road.

They should have extended the Rd # 45 first as shown in your map, before closing the gap in the median. But even after that starts working, I'd still have to take a U turn at the PS on my return leg.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:26   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
.........But the sad part is that they've closed the gap in the divider near PBEL office.....A similar difficulty is also there on the return leg, as one needs to turn left at PBEL, proceed to the traffic signal at Madhapur PS and then take a U turn towards PBEL Jn and Kavoori Hills. .......
Wasn't that difficulty on the return leg there even earlier?

If I remember right, the gap in the divider you are referring to (which is now closed) was not directly at the point where traffic coming from Durgam Cheruvu met the road leading to Madhapur PS but well to the right. So it could be used while going to Durgam Cheruvu but while returning one had to go left to the Madhapur PS signal for a u-turn.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:32   #1001
Team-BHP Support

I have stopped using the DC road as there is no point in it.
Only if I have to go to Hypercity.

The flyover at Cyber Towers has made that junction very good for me. The only traffic snarl is at the Police Station signal. But its not very bad.

@vnabhi, Why dont you try this route and then connect on to Rd 45 instead of coming from DC.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:35   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Wasn't that difficulty on the return leg there even earlier?

If I remember right, the gap in the divider you are referring to (which is now closed) was not directly at the point where traffic coming from Durgam Cheruvu met the road leading to Madhapur PS but well to the right. So it could be used while going to Durgam Cheruvu but while returning one had to go left to the Madhapur PS signal for a u-turn.
Nope, there was another road that went straight from Cyber Motors road to that road so that the gap in the median could be reached without going the wrong way. If you had used that road regularly, you'd have found many cars going on that road instead of via Vasantha Emerald Gardens gate.

@bblost---that would add around 3 kms to my drive, as my office is right next to Inorbit Mall. Instead of that, I sometimes take the route via Old Bombay highway and Whisper Valley and Film Nagar, which is also 3 kms longer, but a lot faster.

Last edited by vnabhi : 4th May 2011 at 16:38.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:47   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, there was another road that went straight from Cyber Motors road to that road so that the gap in the median could be reached without going the wrong way.
Ok, I think I got what you are referring to - the road that I would see on my left after taking a left at Vasantha Gardens (while going towards Durgam Cheruvu)? Started driving on this route regularly only recently and have been driving via Vasantha Gardens.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:03   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Ok, I think I got what you are referring to - the road that I would see on my left after taking a left at Vasantha Gardens (while going towards Durgam Cheruvu)? Started driving on this route regularly only recently and have been driving via Vasantha Gardens.
Bingo, you are spot on. If you remember, in the recent past, many guys coming from In Orbit Mall side used to take that road at that junction, causing a minor traffic bottleneck. The purpose was to take the gap in the median on the main road.

Edit: Owing to such changes in the roads (mainly new dividers at Raj Bhavan Road, Inorbit Mall,etc), my daily return drive, which was less than 12 kms in 2007, has increased to around 16 or 17 kms

To cut a long story short, I am forced to drive around in circles.

Last edited by vnabhi : 4th May 2011 at 17:07.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:04   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Owing to such changes in the roads (mainly new dividers at Raj Bhavan Road, Inorbit Mall,etc), my daily return drive, which was less than 12 kms in 2007, has increased to around 16 or 17 kms

To cut a long story short, I am forced to drive around in circles.
Venu Sir,

I chose my office (yes, I actually chose it) so that I had to travel less than 1km back to my house.

This was in 1999.

My office and my house are still at the same place.

Only now it is a 6 km drive (via Greenland - Raj Bhawan Road) or a 4km drive (via Ameerpet - Punjagutta - Yashoda Hospital).

By the way, walk is still less than 1km (only problem is weather, lack of footpaths and loss of enjoying a drive).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks