Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 23:41   #1066
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

I'm back.. with another junction fix. This time it is the Nagarjuna Circle.
Everyday in the evening, coming from Madhapur towards Secunderabad, I find myself stuck here due to the mess (of lawless, signal-less traffic) that was left behind after the new flyover construction. Vehicles turning right clog up the entire two lanes coming from Madhapur and create traffic snarls for kilometers. Also, coming from other directions, I feel very unsafe crossing this intersection unsure where to expect traffic from.

My solution includes:
- Neatly dividing traffic based on traffic,
- Extending turn-lane pockets to reduce the distance traveled after green-signal and to reduce number of vehicles clogging traffic behind.
- Creating traffic islands to streamline traffic.
- Closing down the existing U-Turn under the flyover for people from Punjagutta and moving it forward where it finds a wider U-Turn.

Sometimes less road is more road, esp in Hyd where people can come swooping in from anywhere. Notice how much of excess tarred road is cut-off in my plan. Also, all three directions of traffic are brought very close to each other, making it extremely easy for one traffic constable to take care of all traffic.

Click to open larger-image:
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-nagarjuna.jpg
Old 21st July 2011, 12:19   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Nizam Club to Hitex Convention

Hi People,

Need some urgent information.A friend has come to visit a conference at HITEX and is staying at Nizam club.

What is the best mode of transport between Nizam's & Hitex.He is not keen on cabs for reasons best known to him!
  • Are there any volvos that go between Nizam & Hitec City,if yes from where and how does he get into them?
  • Can he take the MMTS from some station to Hitec City?What would be the closest station and any pointers on the timings?
Many thanks in advance.
Old 21st July 2011, 12:30   #1068
BHPian

Re: Nizam Club to Hitex Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hi People,

Need some urgent information.A friend has come to visit a conference at HITEX and is staying at Nizam club.

What is the best mode of transport between Nizam's & Hitex.He is not keen on cabs for reasons best known to him!
  • Are there any volvos that go between Nizam & Hitec City,if yes from where and how does he get into them?
  • Can he take the MMTS from some station to Hitec City?What would be the closest station and any pointers on the timings?
Many thanks in advance.
Direct Volvo between Nizam Club & Hi-Tec City are not there or so I think. Possible with one change.

Nizam Club to Nampally - walk/auto.
Nampally to Hi-Tec City - Nampally-Lingampally MMTS (timings available on various websites).
Hi-Tec City to Hitex - walk/auto.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 12:37   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Direct Volvo between Nizam Club & Hi-Tec City are not there or so I think. Possible with one change.
I think there are a couple of A/C Busses called as Sheetal something. I think, they do run via Lakdikapul Bus Stand to Hitec City, I really have 0 idea about the timings, but have seen then plying on the aforementioned route. I think they run till Shilparamam.

Quote:
Bajaj Saab, I think Walking towards Lakdikapul Station is far better than going to Nampally, as Lakdikapul Station is nearest to Nizam Club as compared to Nampally Station.

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st July 2011 at 12:39.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 13:15   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi People,

No offense but, I cant beileve you want info for something as trivial as this situation?

If he doesnt want to take cab. Simple alternatives is take bus or auto. I would prefer an auto if i am in his shoes.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 15:42   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks in advance.
This PDF lists the AC bus schedule summary. Route #s 19M and 127KV come closest. In this weather though, AC bus isn't strictly necessary. The other routes like 218D and 113EK will take your friend to JNTU or Allwyn Junction (Miyapur), from where he'll have to get a shared auto or something.

The MMTS is a good option (Hi-Tec City and Hafeezpet stations are the closest to HITEX) but do note that the timings have changed recently and whatever is shown on mmts.co.in is *not current* anymore. We found this almost to our dismay yesterday. Thankfully there was no damage. By the way, MMTS is so cheap and convenient that it makes you cry. Just INR 3 from Chandanagar to Nampally and you're there in an hour irrespective of the time of the day!

By the way, please tell your friend that if he wants to get to HITEX, a cab is better than an auto. Autos will anyway charge extra for venturing out beyond Madhapur etc., and cabs then become more comfortable.

7-seater and other types of sharing autos are very useful, of course.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 21st July 2011 at 15:44.
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 15:57   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:

Nampally to Hi-Tec City - Nampally-Lingampally MMTS (timings available on various websites).
Hi-Tec City to Hitex - walk/auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I think there are a couple of A/C Busses called as Sheetal something. I think, they do run via Lakdikapul Bus Stand to Hitec City, I really have 0 idea about the timings, but have seen then plying on the aforementioned route. I think they run till Shilparamam.

Bajaj Saab, I think Walking towards Lakdikapul Station is far better than going to Nampally, as Lakdikapul Station is nearest to Nizam Club as compared to Nampally Station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
No offense but, I cant beileve you want info for something as trivial as this situation?

If he doesnt want to take cab. Simple alternatives is take bus or auto. I would prefer an auto if i am in his shoes.
,I know,I just wanted to be sure that I dont give him some wrong information.I wanted my thoughts to be vetted by you guys before I gave him my reccomendation.Sainikpuri-Nizam was my regular route for close to 2years when I was playing at Nizam Club.

OT: Do you know that a fresh lime juice still costs INR1.50 in Nizam!!!!Talk about subsidized rates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
This PDF lists the AC bus schedule summary. Route #s 19M and 127KV come closest. In this weather though, AC bus isn't strictly necessary. The other routes like 218D and 113EK will take your friend to JNTU or Allwyn Junction (Miyapur), from where he'll have to get a shared auto or something.

The MMTS is a good option (Hi-Tec City and Hafeezpet stations are the closest to HITEX) but do note that the timings have changed recently and whatever is shown on mmts.co.in is *not current* anymore. We found this almost to our dismay yesterday. Thankfully there was no damage. By the way, MMTS is so cheap and convenient that it makes you cry. Just INR 3 from Chandanagar to Nampally and you're there in an hour irrespective of the time of the day!

By the way, please tell your friend that if he wants to get to HITEX, a cab is better than an auto. Autos will anyway charge extra for venturing out beyond Madhapur etc., and cabs then become more comfortable.

7-seater and other types of sharing autos are very useful, of course.

Regards,
spadix
Thanks so very much all of you for your advices.Based on all the inputs,I have recommended the following to him:

Walk or rickshaw to Lakdi-ka-Pul.

MMTS it out from Lakdi-ka-Pul to Hitec City.Take a rickshaw to HITEX.Return the same way,though I am not sure if he would be able to get rickshaws near HITEX as I dont see anything there.If he doesnt find them then he would have to put his legs to good use.

I still dont see the logic though of why he wouldnt want to cab it out to Hitex from Nizam,considering that cost wise all these permutations are going to more-or-less come to around the same as the mmts-auto option and plus the added comfort of arriving in good shape at HITEX,what takes the cake though is he is going to be suited and blazered while going to HITEX and still wants to bus or train it to HITEX(and goes without saying he is flying into Hyderabad ).Weird and vague are the ways of some people.Sigh.I think I have bitched enough of him
Old 21st July 2011, 16:36   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Yes, Nikhil, you are perfectly correct. My error as it never even struck me that there is a station at Lakdi-Ka-Pul. Further, the walk on this route is so much safer.
Old 29th July 2011, 10:01   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Massive Jam at road no:3 , just before the Srinagar colony turnoff.
There's waterlogging on the left side of the road, therefore there's a huge pile up of traffic on road no: 3 of vehicles coming from Begumpet and road no:1.
The Panjagutta flyover is completely choked and I think the Jam extends even till begumpet.
I was stuck for half an hour in the Jam.
Traffic police are working to pump out the water with a genset.
I reached half-an-hour late to office and to my surprise, still got the parking.
So I assume that people coming from Secunderabad are also stuck in the Jam
If you can, then take Khairatabad-Roadno:1- road no-12 route to Hitech city.
Old 29th July 2011, 10:27   #1075
BHPian

We come from Tarnaka and were stuck on the flyover. Luckily we took the other ramp and drove off to Rd.1 and went to Madhapur via Jubilee Hills. Thank god we weren't stuck in the water logged road.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:02   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Massive Jam at road no:3 , just before the Srinagar colony turnoff. There's waterlogging on the left side of the road, therefore there's a huge pile up of traffic on road no: 3 of vehicles coming from Begumpet and road no:1.
I was struck on this stretch for 30 minutes or so.

IIRC,this section of road no:3 was clogged last year as well.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:40   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
We come from Tarnaka and were stuck on the flyover. Luckily we took the other ramp and drove off to Rd.1 and went to Madhapur via Jubilee Hills. Thank god we weren't stuck in the water logged road.
Hey good for you, that you could escape the jam in time. I had no choice, I come from Masab Tank and as soon as I turned left from road no:1 to join road no:3, I was taken back to see that traffic is at standstill. Couldn't turn back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I was struck on this stretch for 30 minutes or so.
IIRC,this section of road no:3 was clogged last year as well.
I never had to take that route after July 2007 for office commute. Just last week my wife's office moved from road no:11 to road no:3, and I had no choice. After dropping her, I have to come back to Panjagutta for my office.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:13   #1078
Distinguished - BHPian

Bliss of travelling to and back from office via. the Mehdipatnam route is cut-short due to the festival.

Going to work is fine. But, while return its the time in evening when its a mad rush of people on the road buying fruits, eating haleem etc. It was Chaos yesterday evening.

Reckon will stick to whisper valley route for this month whilst going back home.

My phone GPS showed an unbeilevable stat for yesterday evening drive back :-

Max Speed : 70kmph
Total Time : 49 mins
Distance Travelled : 20 kms
Average Speed : 25.4kmph
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:53   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Going to work is fine. But, while return its the time in evening when its a mad rush of people on the road buying fruits, eating haleem etc. It was Chaos yesterday evening.
Did you start for home after 7p.m?
Infact yesterday I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of traffic on the road.
Firstly, could join the traffic coming from road no 3 towards the nagarjuna circle, without being stranded on the down ramp from Nagarjuna Hills.
Then again, could pass the nagarjuna circle without any stoppages and joined road no 1 after picking up wife from road no 3
Luckily signal was green at Taj Krishna junction and then to my surprise half the road on left side was empty at rd no12 junction , so passed it quickly and turned right to first lancer.
But what took the cake was "no mess" after Garden Towers at 1st lancer. It was completely devoid of traffic and people and that's when we realised why is it so.
So looking forward to good drive in evenings. I generally travel between 6-6:30p.m for home.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:36   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Did you start for home after 7p.m?
It was around 6:30pm. I found lot of traffic right from Gachibowli until Lakdi-ka-pul. Usually, this route has always traffic but, you neednt come to standstill, it's always moving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks