Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 13:27   #1096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Contrary to my expectations of a smooth drive, the old Bombay highway was choc-a-block with traffic after the Raidurg Police Station. It took me 12 minutes to take the right turn towards Hitech city road, instead of the normal 2 minutes.
I was also stuck in the same traffic around the same time this morning and no, this is not a regular affair as there was a huge truck that turned turtle little ahead ( 50 meters) after the right turn to Hitec City.

That overturned truck was visible from point where you take the right-turn.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:16   #1097
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Police is at this moment erecting barricades to close down Raj Bhawan Road for traffic from Begumpet side to Khairatabad side.

The buses on this route have already been diverted and are not being allowed on this part of the road.

Access to all people / homes / restaurants / offices / shops located on R B Road starting from Amrutha Mall (Baba Chulha) upto KFC / Pizza Hut will be blocked till tomorrow morning.

The other side of the road, in my opinion, will remain open to traffic.

Vnabhi please watch out as you will suffer the maximum due to this blockade.

Milecruncher, Zen91, Silverwood will escape due to holidays and absence from the city.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:25   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Police is at this moment erecting barricades to close down Raj Bhawan Road for traffic from Begumpet side to Khairatabad side.

The buses on this route have already been diverted and are not being allowed on this part of the road.

Access to all people / homes / restaurants / offices / shops located on R B Road starting from Amrutha Mall (Baba Chulha) upto KFC / Pizza Hut will be blocked till tomorrow morning.

The other side of the road, in my opinion, will remain open to traffic.

Vnabhi please watch out as you will suffer the maximum due to this blockade.

Milecruncher, Zen91, Silverwood will escape due to holidays and absence from the city.
Thanks @hyd_traveller for the heads-up. I will be a foot-soldier in that case, and defer any plans to drive out of home till tomorrow morning.

However, last year, when I faced a similar situation, they did allow me to drive past the barricade when I showed them my driving licence that had my address on it.

Edit: Since traffic will be blocked on that stretch, I guess I can have speed runs on the route, and even revive driving lessons to my daughter

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th September 2011 at 13:27.
Old 11th September 2011, 18:05   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I will be a foot-soldier in that case, and defer any plans to drive out of home till tomorrow morning.
Surprisingly the police has got the barricades but did not go ahead and block the road. The traffic is flowing freely though the volumes are very low. Looks like every one is staying back at home.
Old 11th September 2011, 18:31   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly the police has got the barricades but did not go ahead and block the road. The traffic is flowing freely though the volumes are very low. Looks like every one is staying back at home.
Exactly my thoughts too. I just returned from a walk from Amrutha Mall to KFC and everything looks good. I hope the traffic is like this on all days too.
Old 16th September 2011, 11:48   #1101
BHPian

I guess the Narsingi to Pathancheru ORR got opened around a month back for traffic. I tried to get on to it from the Gopanapalli, SOS Village, SSJ College onto that 3 weeks back and had a hard time as that exit was not complete. Also the ISB road exit was not operational and cars/bikes were finding it tough to get onto the ORR.

Any update on the above 2 exits (ISB exit and the SSJ College/SOS Village exit)?

thanks for the help.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:32   #1102
BHPian

Why is there such huge rush for petrol?

Roads around the city are clogged.

What is the reason?
Old 21st September 2011, 18:37   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Why is there such huge rush for petrol?
Is it a Bandh tomorrow? Did they declare a bandh tomorrow? Just heard that there is a 100% bandh for the next two days.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:48   #1104
Senior - BHPian

I got stuck at J Hills checkpost for an hour today from 10 am. I was barely 100 metres from the Junction when traffic came to a standstill all of a sudden. I could see auto-rickshaws blocking all 4 roads.

After some time, I could see cops chasing a group of Telengana acitivists. On inquiry, I came to know that a bus had knocked an auto driver dead, and this was a combined action plan.

After around 45 minutes, some traffic cops came to us and asked us to reverse and drive back on the wrong side of the road. I was surprised to see that there was only 4 rows of cars behind me.

I had fun driving at high speed on the wrong side of the road that was deviod of traffic, that too sanctioned by law.

Looks like I will WFH tomorrow also, if things are like today.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:47   #1105
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Hyderabad from Bangalore next week. Should I expect some road blocks etc? Any news/information appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:50   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I am planning to drive to Hyderabad from Bangalore next week. Should I expect some road blocks etc? Any news/information appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
No obstacles foreseen for next week, as of now. But you never know how and when trouble-makers swing into action, given the delicate political scenario here.

Keep updating yourself with the latest news daily till you commence your journey.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:58   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Thanks in advance.
Things should be ok,just make sure there are no petrol pump bandhs,other than that you should be ok to drive without any problems.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:37   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Things should be ok,just make sure there are no petrol pump bandhs,other than that you should be ok to drive without any problems.
+1

Unless you get caught in a place where a(n impromptu) bandh is just about to start (like in Venu Sir's unfortunate case), you'll have no issues. Police are at hand to help and divert vehicles through interior roads which usually aren't picketed by the protesters.

In fact, driving in Hyderabad during bandh time is something many look forward to now, because of the empty streets and consequent hassle-free travel.

Regards,
spadix
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:40   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Well, Ranjith, except for the rumour yesterday of petrol pump bandh, there is no talk of such a situation developing and anyway, south of Kurnool is out of this region and its politics.

By the way, Abids - Kothi road is / was blocked by the police some times back causing massive snarls in that area due to some ruckus by one person who climbed a hoarding near the Kothi Girls College. And here, I was just thinking of driving down to Gokul for Mirchi Bhajji.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:49   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, Ranjith, except for the rumour yesterday of petrol pump bandh, there is no talk of such a situation developing and anyway, south of Kurnool is out of this region and its politics.

By the way, Abids - Kothi road is / was blocked by the police some times back causing massive snarls in that area due to some ruckus by one person who climbed a hoarding near the Kothi Girls College. And here, I was just thinking of driving down to Gokul for Mirchi Bhajji.
So thats the reason HTP has been sending out sms saying there is a Law & Order Problem at Kothi Girls College and that Abids has been closed and traffic is being diverted via PCR-Nampally.I dont see any end to this madness any time soon(till election time-2013?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks