Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:51   #1111
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Why is there such huge rush for petrol?

Roads around the city are clogged.

What is the reason?
That was because of some stupid rumor that the petrol bunks will be closed for 2-3 days and as usual all the Hydies rushed to fill fuel.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:19   #1112
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Thank you all for the quick replies. I normally fill up at one of the BP COCOs on the highway. So no issues, and I have the experience of rasta roko
There was one during one of my drives somewhere near Anantapur. It lasted for 3 hours, where I even fought(verbal) with the "activists".
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:35   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
That was because of some stupid rumor that the petrol bunks will be closed for 2-3 days and as usual all the Hydies rushed to fill fuel.
But today afternoon I saw the IOC Tulip Petrol pump at Panjagutta closed.
They had mentioned "NO Petrol Stock", though they were filling up big jerrycans for petrol for someone.

Will refuel today , lets see how the situation is.
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:05   #1114
Senior - BHPian

I did see lots of traffic snarls on Raj Bhavan Rd at 8 pm last night near the Shell and HP bunks.

But I had a smooth drive to work today. On my return, I filled up my Fiesta at Full Moon IOC bunk, near Somajiguda Circle.

Things look ok for next week, but I did read a web snippet that TRS plans to intensify its agitation if the Central Govt does not concede to their demand for a separate state by 30th of this month.
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:19   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Thank you all for the quick replies. I normally fill up at one of the BP COCOs on the highway. So no issues, and I have the experience of rasta roko
I am starting tomorrow morning for Hyderabad. Please post any relevant information on this thread, which you think may be of importance. I will check on the way.
I heard of a bandh tomorrow, and turned on TV9, but they were showing some junk news
Thanks.
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:31   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
I am starting tomorrow morning for Hyderabad. Please post any relevant information on this thread, which you think may be of importance. I will check on the way.
I heard of a bandh tomorrow, and turned on TV9, but they were showing some junk news
Thanks.
As of now, not expected to hamper four and two wheeler traffic but yes, buses and autos will be off the road while MMTS will be off the track and most trains have been curtailed.

I will be travelling to Hyderabad airport (which is on Bangalore Highway) around noon time and am not expecting any hiccups.
Old 23rd September 2011, 23:02   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
As of now, not expected to hamper four and two wheeler traffic but yes, buses and autos will be off the road while MMTS will be off the track and most trains have been curtailed.

I will be travelling to Hyderabad airport (which is on Bangalore Highway) around noon time and am not expecting any hiccups.
Add to that the usual rumour of petrol pumps shutting down
Old 24th September 2011, 06:40   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Add to that the usual rumour of petrol pumps shutting down
No Ranjith, this time it is not a stupid rumour.

Okay, apart from APSRTC buses being on strike, rail roko for today and tomorrow, auto strike for 2 days, Setwin (mini buses) will also be off the roads.

Petrol pumps are closed for one day (today)though I will say that to be safe, keep away from them even tomorrow. @Sriturl : Top up the fuel in your vehicle around Kurnool itself.

There are some more establishments which will observe bandh today which I need not mention here.

The only saving grace is that it is a weekend and I am looking forward to see how much time it will take me to the airport.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 24th September 2011 at 06:41.
Old 24th September 2011, 15:00   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller

No Ranjith, this time it is not a stupid rumour.

Okay, apart from APSRTC buses being on strike, rail roko for today and tomorrow, auto strike for 2 days, Setwin (mini buses) will also be off the roads.

Petrol pumps are closed for one day (today)though I will say that to be safe, keep away from them even tomorrow. @Sriturl : Top up the fuel in your vehicle around Kurnool itself.

There are some more establishments which will observe bandh today which I need not mention here.

The only saving grace is that it is a weekend and I am looking forward to see how much time it will take me to the airport.
Thanks just reached home and filled up at kurnool. Traffic seemed a little less not sure if its because of odd time though.
Old 24th September 2011, 15:18   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Traffic seemed a little less not sure if its because of odd time though.
Traffic seems to be less, only because of the fact that public transportation is not plying on the roads.

A press release recently stated that the average speed in the city increased from 17 to 30 KMPH when RTC buses went off the roads to join the strike. In addition the pollution levels also dropped drastically.

Cheers,
Old 27th September 2011, 14:02   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Traffic is blocked at Khairtabad Flyover at 1:30pm by TRS Men, please avoid that stretch.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:46   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Traffic is blocked at Khairtabad Flyover at 1:30pm by TRS Men, please avoid that stretch.
Perhaps it is only on the flyover. My daughter returned at 2 pm from her coaching centre at Lakdikapul without any hassles.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:12   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Just an observation:The Hyderabad Metro Rail department has begun the deployment of traffic marshals at many locations where the earthwork is expected to start shortly.Those are the people who are sporting the orange caps instead of the HTP white caps and frankly they are doing a decent job as of now.So wherever you see the orange capped personnel,be ready for jams as excavation is going to begin shortly in those areas.As of now I saw them at Begumpet-Minister Road junction on SP road and near the Rail Nilayam signal on SD road.Atleast HMDA is planning ahead which is a welcome move unlike the Bangalore metro!
Old 27th September 2011, 15:21   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Perhaps it is only on the flyover. My daughter returned at 2 pm from her coaching centre at Lakdikapul without any hassles.
Yes Saar,

It was only on the flyover (from Secretariat to Khairatab Junction)

Not sure if these morons have cleared it.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 27th September 2011 at 15:41.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:28   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

TRS bandh of various transportation facilities in installment basis has proven lucky for my daily commute (home-work-home)

I am back to my old routine of 40-45mins (to work) and 50 mins (back home) for a 22kms each side

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks