Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:14   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
OT : HTP Interceptors are being stationed on PVNR EXpressway every now and then and vehicles are being challaned for over speeding.
Yes the interceptor is placed at the layby as soon the f/o curves itself at mehdipatnam.I dont think they are on-spot challans as I did not see anyone being challaned,I guess the challans would come home.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:19   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes the interceptor is placed at the layby as soon the f/o curves itself at mehdipatnam.I dont think they are on-spot challans as I did not see anyone being challaned,I guess the challans would come home.

What is the speed limit on the flyover? I don't remember seeing speed limit boards on it, but I may be wrong.

Bajaj saheb--your estimates are spot on.They match with mine mostly. See mine below:-
  1. Somajiguda to PVNR : 7 kms. Travel time varies from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
  2. PVNR Flyover: 11.5 kms takes around 10 to 11 minutes, regardless of traffic
  3. BLR highway: 10 kms takes around 10 to 15 minutes, depending on traffic
  4. NH7 Shamsabad Jn to Airport: 6 kms, takes around 6 minutes, regardless of traffic.
Hence the travel time is around 35 mintues in the best case scenario, and 50 minutes in the worst.

Travel via Gachibowli adds around 20 to 30 minutes time to the minimum travel time, making it around 55 to 65 minutes.
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:24   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What is the speed limit on the flyover? I don't remember seeing speed limit boards on it, but I may be wrong.
The PVNR Eway has a speed limit of 60kph(yes too less,but considering the undulating nature and the 1.5lane width,I guess GHMC did not want to take a chance!!).But I am not sure beyond what speeds are the speed guns set to capture images(my guess is it must be around 70kph-80kph).There are plenty of boards on the elevated road.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:13   #1159
BHPian

The issue I had regarding FOB was unfounded as the same is no more lying on the side of the road and obstructing/slowing the traffic at NMDC in Masab Tank. It has been installed thus leaving the road clear for traffic to move smoothly.

Yesterday my run to airport went as follows :

Home to Airport Arrival Portico :
Somajiguda Circle to start of PVNRE : 22 min (6:18-6:40 in the evening)
PVNRE : 17 min (followed each and every sign board and kept the speed at a sedate 60 kmph where allowed else 45 kmph where it said 40 kmph).
NH7 & Airport Road : 17 min (did not cross 60 kmph) not including a short halt of 5 minutes at Hyderabad House in Shamshabad to see what kebabs are displayed there.

Airport to Home :
Airport Arrival Portico to Somajiguda Circle : 33 min (7:22-7:55)
Was very lucky to get empty road from S D Eye Hospital to R B Road including a deserted Khairatabad Signal with the green in favour of me. Just had to reduce the speed at Nirankari Bhawan Junction at Lakdi Ka Pul for the buses cutting lanes else it was a constant speed all the way.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:33   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
This photo was posted today on the FaceBook Wall of Hyderabad Traffic Police :
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-330970_247771801952566_103022096427538_728352_1636139452_o.jpg
The photo shows violations of 01-Dec-2011 at 13:30 and the vehicle was recorded at 99kmph.
Old 1st December 2011, 18:53   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This photo was posted today on the FaceBook Wall of Hyderabad Traffic Police :

The photo shows violations of 01-Dec-2011 at 13:30 and the vehicle was recorded at 99kmph.
Scary. I hope they don't plant themselves on the ORR.

Is the speed limit 81 kmph, as mentioned in the clipping as 'speed zone' ?
Old 1st December 2011, 22:47   #1162
BHPian

Dont know if this link is already shared, but it is a good read about the traffic plan for 2012 by Hyderabad Police.
About Hyderabad Traffic Police: Traffic Action Plan 2011-2012!

Hope this helps
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 08:50   #1163
BHPian

Banjara Hills

The right turn from Road No. 7 to Road No. 1 opposite GVK One Mall has been closed by the Traffic Police as was observed by me on Friday evening.

With the right turn from Road No. 4 to Road No. 1 also closed down, commuters have no choice but to either take a left from either of these two roads and go to Nagarjuna Circle to take a U-turn or use Road No. 10 to reach Road No. 1.

I did not observe but am sure that this would have resulted in a heavy increase of traffic on Road No. 10.

Of course, crossing the GVK One Mall on Road No. 1 has now become a breeze.
Old 11th December 2011, 12:42   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Banjara Hills

The right turn from Road No. 7 to Road No. 1 opposite GVK One Mall has been closed by the Traffic Police as was observed by me on Friday evening.

With the right turn from Road No. 4 to Road No. 1 also closed down, commuters have no choice but to either take a left from either of these two roads and go to Nagarjuna Circle to take a U-turn or use Road No. 10 to reach Road No. 1.

I did not observe but am sure that this would have resulted in a heavy increase of traffic on Road No. 10.

Of course, crossing the GVK One Mall on Road No. 1 has now become a breeze.
I saw this a few months ago, but the very next day it was removed. I guess they close the right turns only during peak hours.
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:44   #1165
Senior - BHPian

I decided to take my car on a longer route to office today, as I've got fed up with stop and go traffic and my frequent spells of working from home over the past month. I badly needed to stretch her legs, in the absence of Team-bhp drives for more than a month.

So instead of the normal route of 15 kms that normally takes me 35 to 40 minutes, I went via Lakdikapul, PVNR flyover, Shamshabad and then the ORR to Gachibowli and finally to VBIT Park.

The entire trip of 55 kms took me 53 minutes, which was only 10 to 15 minutes longer. But what a fantastic drive it was, especially on the ORR! The road was mostly empty and it took me 12 minutes to cover 23 kms till Gachibowli Jn. It was real fun to see the tacho going past 4500 rpm and hearing the snarl of the engine. The only place where I slowed below 100 was near the toll gate area.

Distance and time taken are as below:-
  1. Somajiguda to PVNR Starting point: 13 minutes, starting at 945 am.
  2. PVNR to NH 7: 15 minutes for the 12 km stretch, following the 60 or 40 kmph speed limit.
  3. ORR Jn on NH 7: 7 Minutues for the 10 km stretch
  4. ORR Jn till Gachibowli: 12 minutes for 23 kms
  5. Gachibowli to VBIT Park: 6 minutes for 5 kms
Going by this experience, I guess I shall try this route at least once every fortnight.

By the way, I realized today why I'd taken the wrong route on the ORR towards Patancheru a couple of months ago. The funny thing is that one needs to take a left turn at a fork near the Narsingi Junction in order to go straight ( Nasingi Jn is itself not visible owing to an underpass below the ORR). But if you think that going straight will take you to Gachibowli, it will actually take you towards Patancheru, which is to the left of the Gachibowli Rd in general sense of the term.

Funny how they planned this fork. The signage is also right at the place where the fork is, and not 500 Meters or 1 Km before it, making it an accident-prone spot, as vehicles would screech to a halt to take the right road. I am told that even in the reverse direction, the signage for the airport turn is also at the fork on the road, of which the straight one goes towards Vijaywada highway.
Old 28th December 2011, 13:15   #1166
Senior - BHPian

For some strange reason this morning around 930 am, Rd # 44, Jubilee Hills was jammed. I never saw a jam on that road thus far.

Luckily, I could take a U turn at the right turn where Rd # 45 meets #44, and take the alternate route via Porche showroom and Madhapur.

Does anybody know what caused the jam?
Old 28th December 2011, 13:54   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For some strange reason this morning around 930 am, Rd # 44, Jubilee Hills was jammed. I never saw a jam on that road thus far.

Luckily, I could take a U turn at the right turn where Rd # 45 meets #44, and take the alternate route via Porche showroom and Madhapur.

Does anybody know what caused the jam?
You mean here ?
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-44.jpg

This was because they have filled the pothole with concrete which was at the turning and probably they have done it in the night, therefore to allow the concrete to dry up, they have put barricade before it.
So any vehicle turning left to Rd. no 44, have to take left from the right side of that road, which blocks the traffic turning right from rd no 44. Hence the jam. I also got caught, but luckily just at the start of the jam. So was lucky to get out of it quick.
Infact they have patched up all gaps on rd. no 44 on the left side.
Will take the same route in evening for going home. Will update if they have removed the barricade.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 28th December 2011 at 13:56.
Old 28th December 2011, 14:39   #1168
BHPian

Sometime back in October start when the Patancheru road was completed, I was on the ORR and doing a 150 on my U-Va and never realised till atleast 2 kms (when I saw the Patancheru signage) that I am on a wrong road.

Initially when the road was under construction, they had barricades around the corner which have been removed. Am sure this would be the same with many of us. However the Patancheru road is a dream to drive.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:04   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
You mean here ?
This was because they have filled the pothole with concrete which was at the turning and probably they have done it in the night, therefore to allow the concrete to dry up, they have put barricade before it.
So any vehicle turning left to Rd. no 44, have to take left from the right side of that road, which blocks the traffic turning right from rd no 44. Hence the jam. I also got caught, but luckily just at the start of the jam. So was lucky to get out of it quick.
Infact they have patched up all gaps on rd. no 44 on the left side.
Will take the same route in evening for going home. Will update if they have removed the barricade.
Yes Manish, that is the spot, but I did not know where exactly the bottleneck was, as I'd taken a U turn at the prior Junction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Sometime back in October start when the Patancheru road was completed, I was on the ORR and doing a 150 on my U-Va and never realised till atleast 2 kms (when I saw the Patancheru signage) that I am on a wrong road.

Initially when the road was under construction, they had barricades around the corner which have been removed. Am sure this would be the same with many of us. However the Patancheru road is a dream to drive.
Yes, that is exactly what I mean in my earlier post. One needs to turn left to go straight to Gachibowli, and go straight if they want to go left towards Patancheru.

I think it is the correct design, as the ORR was never intended to go upto Gachibowli. What they provided was an exit to Gachibowli. We are all confused because the exit road was constructed 2 years prior to the main ORR stretch towards Patancheru.
Old 28th December 2011, 15:25   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj Sahab! Did yo noticed the location as PVNR FLOWER

Quote:
Yes Manish, that is the spot, but I did not know where exactly the bottleneck was, as I'd taken a U turn at the prior Junction.
The bottleneck was at left turning itself. Both side of traffic was jammed because of the road patching.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks