Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 23:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Time to rejoice:
Auto guys in Hyderabad will be on strike on the 9th of July, 2009 protesting the Fuel price hikes!! (which means great roads and less headache)

I am looking forward to the day already! LOL!
Which car should I TD?! A visit seems due to Mahavir and Concorde.

Cheers,
Old 6th July 2009, 23:45   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Time to rejoice:
Auto guys in Hyderabad will be on strike on the 9th of July, 2009 protesting the Fuel price hikes!! (which means great roads and less headache)

Who's up for a tour of Old city ( or even the wonders of Hyderabad) on the 9th ?
Old 9th July 2009, 16:46   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Time to rejoice:

Did you enjoy this day by pushing your zen to the limits?. I saw quite a few autos today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Which car should I TD?! A visit seems due to Mahavir and Concorde.

Cheers,
How about the new Skoda Superb Petrol version?
Old 9th July 2009, 16:56   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Even with the sparse rains we've had over the last week, there are potholes galore on many roads---like Rd # 45 J Hills. We just can't drive at the same speeds as earlier. So beware and take care!
Old 9th July 2009, 17:36   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Did you enjoy this day by pushing your zen to the limits?. I saw quite a few autos today
He he! I did. Actually there were few Autos but I just did not bother about them. Today, for some unknown reason, I was pushing the rocket to it's limits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey guys,
Even with the sparse rains we've had over the last week, there are potholes galore on many roads---like Rd # 45 J Hills. We just can't drive at the same speeds as earlier. So beware and take care!
Road No. 45 is always filled with potholes. Important thing is to know which one is where and keep dodging them as if you are playing the roadrash game! LOL.
The most irritating thing that can happen is when the slow moving vehicles occupy the best part of the road and you cannot avoid the potholes.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

U-turn opp KFC on Raj Bhavan Road closed

Hey guys,
Hyd cops have been consistently making all approaches to Raj Bhawan Road tough: the latest in their relentless pursuit of this noble objective is the closure of the U-turn opposite KFC.

So if Brajesh, MileCruncher or I have to go towards Begumpet, we'll have to travel all the way past Raj Bhavan and take a U-turn there! For instance, the Shell bunk is half km by walk from my place, but now I'll need to drive 2 kms to reach that place.

Over the past 2 years, other ingenious ideas they came up with are listed below:-
  1. Closing the U turn opp. Yashoda Hospital
  2. Closing the approach to RB Rd from Punjagutta via the Somajiguda circle.
  3. Closing the gap in the divider opp NIMS, near China Bazaar that faciltated entry to Kapadia lane.
Given this trend, I may have to go to Minerva Coffee via Khairatabad and Necklace road/ Begumpet one day (12 kms drive), or choose to walk 1 km instead.
Old 13th July 2009, 13:41   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Hyd cops have been consistently making all approaches to Raj Bhawan Road tough: the latest in their relentless pursuit of this noble objective is the closure of the U-turn opposite KFC.

So if Brajesh, MileCruncher or I have to go towards Begumpet, we'll have to travel all the way past Raj Bhavan and take a U-turn there! For instance, the Shell bunk is half km by walk from my place, but now I'll need to drive 2 kms to reach that place.

Over the past 2 years, other ingenious ideas they came up with are listed below:-
  1. Closing the U turn opp. Yashoda Hospital
  2. Closing the approach to RB Rd from Punjagutta via the Somajiguda circle.
  3. Closing the gap in the divider opp NIMS, near China Bazaar that faciltated entry to Kapadia lane.
Given this trend, I may have to go to Minerva Coffee via Khairatabad and Necklace road/ Begumpet one day (12 kms drive), or choose to walk 1 km instead.
Omigosh, so now the entire stretch from Khairtabad crossroads to Amrutha Mall, Somajiguda has become a one-way?

Thank god, i dont use that road at all.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:23   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Omigosh, so now the entire stretch from Khairtabad crossroads to Amrutha Mall, Somajiguda has become a one-way?

Thank god, i dont use that road at all.
Well, almost. There is still a U-turn near Metro apartments, which is around half a km from Khairatabad Jn.
Luckily I am not much impacted on my way to office because I normally take the above turn and go via Nasr primary school and merge at KCP Jn, and then go via NKM Grand Hotel.
The only impact is when I want to go to Spar or Ameerpet. Now Spar on foot makes sense.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
..........Over the past 2 years, other ingenious ideas they came up with are listed below:-
  1. Closing the U turn opp. Yashoda Hospital.........
I personally thought the above idea was good - have got stuck in many mini-jams at Yashoda Hospital, on my way to Begumpet, when I used to travel on RB Road regularly.

I rarely have to use the KFC U-turn nowadays but I agree that for those who use it regularly, closing it is going to cause a bit of a problem.

Vnabhi, which is the Metro Apartments you were referring to? Just after Raj Bhavan and the railway crossing (going towards Khairatabad)?
Old 13th July 2009, 16:56   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
[/list]Vnabhi, which is the Metro Apartments you were referring to? Just after Raj Bhavan and the railway crossing (going towards Khairatabad)?
Your right. That is the Metro Apartments and only place on that road where you can turn 360 degrees
Old 13th July 2009, 16:58   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
[/list]I personally thought the above idea was good - have got stuck in many mini-jams at Yashoda Hospital, on my way to Begumpet, when I used to travel on RB Road regularly.

I rarely have to use the KFC U-turn nowadays but I agree that for those who use it regularly, closing it is going to cause a bit of a problem.

Vnabhi, which is the Metro Apartments you were referring to? Just after Raj Bhavan and the railway crossing (going towards Khairatabad)?
Metro Apartments is the second building after Raj Bhavan if you are going from Somajiguda to Khairatabad. After Raj Bhavan there is some college of Nursing on a British-type building, then a road beside it that is perpendicular to Raj Bhavan Road, and then you have Metro Apartments. The Lake View Guest House comes after Metro Apts.

Reg the Yashoda U turn closing---you were right that it helped avoid a jam there, but pushed the congestion point to Somajiguda and KFC.

Last edited by vnabhi : 13th July 2009 at 16:59.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Kinda OT but I still think this is the best place to post..

I'll be moving to Hyd soon for 3-4 months, and plan to drive down the Swift. Though I'm from AP, I havent been there for quite a long time and not sure if there are strict rules esp. in Hyde.

1: Are dark tints allowed ? I have SR35.
2: Are cops okay with a TN regd car ? I have those HSR number plates, but planning to put in some font which is smaller than the current one.
3: And finally how are the quality of roads ? Esp when compared to Chennai and Bangalore ? Was thinking of going low-profile

Thanks in advance
Old 13th July 2009, 21:50   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hey guys,

I'll be moving to Hyd soon for 3-4 months, and plan to drive down the Swift. Though I'm from AP, I havent been there for quite a long time and not sure if there are strict rules esp. in Hyde.

Have never seen someone being stopped for the tints. But, if they stop you for any reason, they are going to find all irregularities.

2: Are cops okay with a TN regd car ? I have those HSR number plates, but planning to put in some font which is smaller than the current one.
Offlate, they are stopping all cars which are not registred in AP. So, if they stop you, they might check point1 also. I guess, you are eligible to drive for 1 year in a different state provided you can prove that you have been there for less than a year.

3: And finally how are the quality of roads ? Esp when compared to Chennai and Bangalore ? Was thinking of going low-profile
I Cannot compare the roads with the same in Bangy/ Chennai. But they are decent enough! You must also keep in mind that the manholes appear suddenly on road and they are either 6 inches higher or lower than the road you will be driving on

Thanks in advance
Reply along with the questions.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 13th July 2009 at 21:52.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:27   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance
Dark film is frowned upon and can be troublesome especially if there is a security (terrorist) alert.

You say that you are going to be here for only a few months - get a PUC certificate from TN just before you leave, also keep your last petrol bills from TN as well as any toll receipts in the car - to prove that the car has been here for only a few months.

Finally leave the low profiles at home. The roads will have sudden surprises in store for you as Mrinal has pointed out.

Welcome to Hyderabad we hope you enjoy your stay here. If possible, we would love to catch up with you (please track us via the July - Hyderabad meets thread).

Cheers,
Cheers,
Old 14th July 2009, 15:27   #120
Senior - BHPian

Here's an update for Merc owners in Hyderabad---the workshop on Katriya Hotel lane off Raj Bhavan Road has shifted yesterday to Bowenpally, near MMR Gardens, per notice put up outside their old premises.
Incidentally the Skoda workshop shifted a couple of months ago too from the same area.
The flip side is that I can no longer get to drool over those sleek SLKs in my neighbourhood

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks