Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:27   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Generally most people get confused on how to enter the ORR towards Gachibowli while returning from Nagarjunasagar. Most of us had this confusion when while returning from the team-bhp drive a couple of months ago.

We took the left turn at the circle just before the ORR bridge that runs transverse to the Sagar highway, and had to undergo the misery of driving parallel to the ORR for nearly 11 kms before we found out how to enter onto it.

The map link below shows the correct link.

Unknown road to Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - Google Maps

To be precise, one should not turn left at the first circle, but instead go straight towards Hyderabad and under the first ORR bridge, as in picture below (taken from under the first bridge)

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20111230_125332_719.jpg

After that, before the 2nd transverse bridge that is around 100 meters away, one needs to take the left turn. There is a board saying 'RGI Airport' and 'Bangalore'.

After about 200 meters on taking that left turn, one passes through a toll booth area under construction. Immediately after that, there is a fork in the road---the one to the left joins the ORR and takes you towards Vijaywada highway. The one on the right takes you towards Shamsabad and Gachibowli (after passing beneath the first bridge and taking a steep left U turn to merge with the ORR).

Here is a picture of that fork (sorry about the image quality)

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20111230_125604_974.jpg

And for those using the ORR from Shamshabad/ Gachibowli wanting to take an exit towards Nagarjunasagar, here is a pic below of the point near the same toll booth area

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20111230_125015_906.jpg

The distance from Shamsabad ORR entrance ramp to N'Sagar exit ram is around 27 kms. The first exit to airport is at 6 kms, the Srisailam exit at 14.6 kms, and the Raviryal exit at 21 kms.

I have not ventured beyond N'sagar exit towards Vijaywada highway, so if anyone can post that information, it would be great.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 12:03   #1187
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

This is a the traffic signal at Madhapur. Its right in front of the police station.
This signal has a bunch of camera's installed that capture stop line violators. But is it possible for law abiding citizens to cross this signal without violating it.

There is NO amber light.

The signal only jumps from RED to GREEN and vice versa.
One of the posts has only RED light functioning. So the driver sees NO lights and assumes the signal is not working. All of a sudden with no warning the signal turns RED.

What a sad way to make money in the names of fines.

The police cannot even feign ignorance. The signal is right in front of the police station.

I have also written the same on the HTP FB Page.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:08   #1188
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats been a pain-point from a couple of years now. I ignore the cameras flashing

Infact, I received 2 challans here even when i was right. That was for my previous car ( Viva). I didnt bother paying the challan and it never showed in system when i got the car transfered.

I got one for existing car about a year ago. I havent paid yet

Just ignore it and carry on with life.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:32   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This is a the traffic signal at Madhapur. Its right in front of the police station.

You have wasted your time and will continue to waste your time if you write to or continue to write to HTP, ie, Hyderabad Traffic Police.

I state this because the said signal falls in the jurisdiction of CTP, ie, Cyberabad Traffic Police.

OT 1 : My only challan in the past THREE YEARS is at this very signal (24-Feb-2011) when I was on the way to Novotel for lunch.

OT 2 : If it was in the jurisdiction of HTP, you would have got the response instantly (of course, it would have been that GHMC is in the process of upgrading all major signals). Further, they would reverse your challan if you meet them and explain the defect in the signal. I have only praise for HTP the way they are trying to discipline the traffic in this city.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:36   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This signal has a bunch of camera's installed that capture stop line violators. But is it possible for law abiding citizens to cross this signal without violating it.

There is NO amber light.

The signal only jumps from RED to GREEN and vice versa.
One of the posts has only RED light functioning. So the driver sees NO lights and assumes the signal is not working. All of a sudden with no warning the signal turns RED.

What a sad way to make money in the names of fines.

The police cannot even feign ignorance. The signal is right in front of the police station.

Well, I had filed grievances with GHMC (traffic signals under GHMC). They then lazily fixed part of the signal, more details here:
GHMC re-defines "Rectified" | Sanjay Varanasi

Forget HTP FB, they only respond to questions that are convenient for them to answer. I made umpteen traffic suggestions only to be deserted by HTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I have only praise for HTP the way they are trying to discipline the traffic in this city.
What discipline are you talking about? Please elaborate...

Last edited by hellmet : 6th January 2012 at 12:39.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:54   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I think what Hyd_Traveller means is giving gyaan on their HTP page. I havent seen them disciplining traffic in any way.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 16:49   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think what Hyd_Traveller means is giving gyaan on their HTP page. I havent seen them disciplining traffic in any way.
I disagree!

Things have changed and cab drivers these days also stick to the stop line and signal. There is a change and police is fining people. Also the present campaign against drunken driving is their biggest achievement!

The step has been taken in the right direction. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 16:49   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
I state this because the said signal falls in the jurisdiction of CTP, ie, Cyberabad Traffic Police.

I have only praise for HTP the way they are trying to discipline the traffic in this city.
Hi Imran, as I said in my post, it is CTP jurisdiction.
Name:  Bblost.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  64.7 KB

Quote:
I had stated earlier that this is OT here and hence I do not wish to go into the details here. Please do start a separate thread where we can rant and rave on the topic.

However, just to name a few, they have managed to bring about discipline with (1) Drunken Driving ; (2) Seat Belt Usage ; (3) Halting of Vehicles at the Stop Line on Traffic Signals ; (4) No Parking ; etc.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:31   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I disagree!
The step has been taken in the right direction. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day!
Quote:
Hi Imran, as I said in my post, it is CTP jurisdiction.
Attachment 865497

I had stated earlier that this is OT here and hence I do not wish to go into the details here. Please do start a separate thread where we can rant and rave on the topic.

However, just to name a few, they have managed to bring about discipline with (1) Drunken Driving ; (2) Seat Belt Usage ; (3) Halting of Vehicles at the Stop Line on Traffic Signals ; (4) No Parking ; etc.
Rant/Rave? It was really an innocent question and am not questioning anyone for what they wrote here. To be honest I DO notice some of the changes you guys are talking about, but overall there is a lot left to be desired in my looong commute to the office. The changes mentioned above make NO difference to my life on the road between signals where commuters continue to cut lanes, overspeed, blind you with high beam, honk and tailgate, occupy the leftmost lane with disdain - basically driving like no one else exists on the road. How about the auto ricks that can occupy the entire road at 30kmph and are a 'moving obstacle' on the road, what about the number of traffic signals that are either not working or are turned off for convenience/VIPs? I can keep going on and on because my commute really is a nightmare!
Old 10th January 2012, 13:11   #1195
Team-BHP Support

In response to my email the Cyberabad Traffic Police replied:

Quote:
We alredy requsted GHMC to install new signals but it is under
process shoetly GHMC will install the new signals at all places.
Old 17th January 2012, 07:42   #1196
BHPian

Necklace Road to remain closed every morning till noon time from 18-Jan-2012 to 21-Jan-2012 (18-Jan-2012 to 21-Feb-2012 as per The Deccan Chronicle) as per the below article in The Times Of India today :
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-toi.jpg
People planning to use this stretch of road may kindly take alternative route and keep extra time for travel.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:38   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Traffic was badly jammed this morning from Indo American Cancer Hospital to Orissa Island, near TRS Office.

Luckily I spotted the jam in time to take a detour via KBR Park gate and J Hills checkpostI guess it had something to do with the TRS bandh proposed for tomorrow.

Meanwhile the approach road to Durgam Cheruvu is increasingly getting jammed nowadays at the 3-way point leading to Cyber Motors road. The road divider on the main road opposite PBEL office is the main culprit.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:56   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Meanwhile the approach road to Durgam Cheruvu is increasingly getting jammed nowadays at the 3-way point leading to Cyber Motors road. The road divider on the main road opposite PBEL office is the main culprit.
Tell me about it Venu sir, I am getting horribly late to office because of this jam.
Somehow, I am noticing it is more since yesterday. Yesterday I managed to get away in sometime but today mornig got stuck in front of the IGNOU study centre itself.
Everybody took right detour to the hi-tech city main road and I also followed, but the traffic there too was slow. Had to take a full round circle to reach my office via, Cyber Towers, Inorbit mall.
Old 2nd April 2012, 13:56   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Tell me about it Venu sir, I am getting horribly late to office because of this jam.
Somehow, I am noticing it is more since yesterday. Yesterday I managed to get away in sometime but today mornig got stuck in front of the IGNOU study centre itself.
Everybody took right detour to the hi-tech city main road and I also followed, but the traffic there too was slow. Had to take a full round circle to reach my office via, Cyber Towers, Inorbit mall.
if i had my way/say ,i would make this route one way during office hours(morning/evenings)

the whole stretch is like a narrow road with everyone trying to squeeze in

there have been times i have used this route to go to inorbit mall during evenings and all i do is crawl.(no lane discipline ,vehicle coming onto you in the wrong lane with high beam)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:26   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
if i had my way/say ,i would make this route one way during office hours(morning/evenings)
You are correct Rajesh Bhai!! Don't know why, this has not been done yet.
I would like the one-way plan from morning 8 till 11 and evening 5 till 8.
Traffic police can plan the one-way route like this.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-cyber-towers.jpg

1.The traffic coming from Kavuri Hills can should compulsorily turn left, and take the route marked by green line while going to hi-tech city.
2.Vehicle which has to turn right at the PBEL jn. can also turn left and take the U-turn and proceed towards Cyberabad Police Station.
3.Vehicle coming from Hi-tech city toward Kavuri hills can take both the routes marked in red lines.
4.This would end the jam in front of the IGNOU study centre and at the HMWS&SB turning, which are the major bottlenecks on the route.

It would hardly make any major difference in distance or time, plus the traffic would be free flowing.
I see the road marked by blue, perpetually under construction, when will this road be thrown open to public. This road would save our cars from lot of stress that it goes through while taking the sharp right turn from rd. no 45 to Kavuri hills, particularly as we have to slow down considerably and then take a turn.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 2nd April 2012 at 14:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks