Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2012, 13:19   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Bumper to Bumper traffic between the Rai Durgam Police Station till the Quality Inn Turning on account of some road work going on.
Today was really bad. But, this phenomena is there almost daily from last one week or so as lot of work is being carried out on that stretch and doesnt seem like it will end in a few days

Will have to suffer for another week or two minimum
Old 16th August 2012, 13:25   #1232
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today was really bad. But, this phenomena is there almost daily from last one week or so as lot of work is being carried out on that stretch and doesnt seem like it will end in a few days

Mobike, If you are going towards Nanakrama Guda/ ISB/ Microsoft/ Wipro etc, you can take the Lanco Hills road.

That would be the left just before Smoke&Grills.

It will connect you to the ORR. The map will show the route. Google Maps

I think you already know this. But it might help those who are new to town.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:38   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank God I took DC Road today, though my wife was preferring the one via that stretch. She dropped me at VBIT Park and went on to Gachibowli via Quality Inn Jn. I guess she was lucky, else would have been late for her class at Wavefront building.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:19   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Mobike, If you are going towards Nanakrama Guda/ ISB/ Microsoft/ Wipro etc, you can take the Lanco Hills road.

That would be the left just before Smoke&Grills.

It will connect you to the ORR. The map will show the route. Google Maps

I think you already know this. But it might help those who are new to town.
Better than that, as you are already coming via Mehdipatnam route, take a detour at Nanal Nagar towards Gandipet and proceed towards Narsingi. Once you descend at Narsingi Flyover, take the ORR Service Road on the right. It leads you directly to Financial District Exit on ORR. From there, CG is just a couple of meters away.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:22   #1235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Better than that, as you are already coming via Mehdipatnam route, take a detour at Nanal Nagar towards Gandipet and proceed towards Narsingi. Once you descend at Narsingi Flyover, take the ORR Service Road on the right. It leads you directly to Financial District Exit on ORR. From there, CG is just a couple of meters away.
+1 for those coming from Mehdipatnam.
This is a good traffic free(almost) route with very decent and broad roads.
Old 16th August 2012, 19:22   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
True - take the right turn to go towards Varun motor and after 300 m you will end up at the junction to the ORR, the service road to let you up on the ORR towards the airport is not complete though.
Old 16th August 2012, 20:06   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
True - take the right turn to go towards Varun motor and after 300 m you will end up at the junction to the ORR, the service road to let you up on the ORR towards the airport is not complete though.
I meant left turn when you come out of the office
Old 21st August 2012, 09:54   #1238
BHPian

There is a lot of traffic on the Gachibowli fly over towards IIIT junction. See if you can avoid that route.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
bhappyharsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 14:29   #1239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post
There is a lot of traffic on the Gachibowli fly over towards IIIT junction. See if you can avoid that route.
I saw your update apart from a friend's SMS and took an alternate route to gachibowli

Himayathnagar->Rd.No 1->KBR Park->Hitec City->Kondapur->Gachibowli

It was a smooth ride till Kondapur. But, as soon as i turned left towards Gachibowli it was the most nightmarish ride till Financial District

It was bumper to bumper till Gachibowli X roads and then even more bad after taking right towards Gachibowli as they had closed the flyover for some repair work just after the flyover completes and only a narrow passage was available for motorists to weave through

After today's adventure, decided to work from home for next 2 days to recuperate
Old 21st August 2012, 14:34   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
It was a smooth ride till Kondapur. But, as soon as i turned left towards Gachibowli it was the most nightmarish ride till Financial District

It was bumper to bumper till Gachibowli X roads and then even more bad after taking right towards Gachibowli as they had closed the flyover for some repair work just after the flyover completes and only a narrow passage was available for motorists to weave through
Instead of Gachibowli route, you could have taken the alternate route of Kondapur-Gachibowli X Roads - ORR - Nanakramguda - Wipro Circle - Office. This would have atleast saved your time. Even though there are a few speed breakers en route albeit it's is mostly free flowing.

Quote:
After today's adventure, decided to work from home for next 2 days to recuperate
Lucky you, enjoy your WFH for the next 2 days.
Old 21st August 2012, 15:15   #1241
BHPian

Quote:

I wish I had this facility. It was bad this morning.

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
Old 21st August 2012, 21:57   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Instead of Gachibowli route, you could have taken the alternate route of Kondapur-Gachibowli X Roads - ORR - Nanakramguda - Wipro Circle - Office. This would have atleast saved your time. Even though there are a few speed breakers en route albeit it's is mostly free flowing.
With the recent rains this road is totally gone and in a very bad shape. More over because of the share autos and the office busses, in the morning and evening times, this road is also getting jammed. But traffic will move and will not stale mate.
Old 21st August 2012, 22:08   #1243
Senior - BHPian

I was aghast today to discover that the authorities have put barricades at the right turn/ u turn on the DC Road->Hitec City road opposite Thomson Reuters, thereby forcing people like me to go another 400 meters to the circle where the roads branch off towards Quality Inn and Mindspace.

That Junction is already crowded, and forcing traffic from Inorbit Mall towards that circle has really choked up that place. Earlier, at least 50% of the cars from Inorbit Mall used to take that right turn towards the side gate of Mindspace or take a U turn towards Thomson Reuters and VBIT Park.

The only saving grace is that there was a cop stationed at that circle.

I am once again affected by the divider syndrome, which makes my commute longer ---the entrance to my office in VBIT Park is hardly 100 meters from the start of the divider, but now I have to travel one km ahead and then take a U turn.

I do face the same syndrome near my apartment.

As a result, my daily travel has increased from 25 kms to 31 kms now. I am longing for the good ol' days when there were no dividers. Tsk tsk, time to work from home more now.

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st August 2012 at 22:10.
Old 21st August 2012, 22:20   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
With the recent rains this road is totally gone and in a very bad shape. More over because of the share autos and the office busses, in the morning and evening times, this road is also getting jammed. But traffic will move and will not stale mate.
It's been ages since I have taken that road. I used to but stopped going that way long ago. Now I enjoy the Bliss of ORR and Empty Service Roads beside the ORR
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:10   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhappyharsha View Post

Regards,
Sri Harsha.
This was open this morning and traffic was back to normal.

Thanks to the 'beautification' works by AP govt, the roads, which were very good for travel have become a lot congested.

Rs 125 crores being wasted to please someone for a couple of weeks makes me feel bad!

Regards,
Sri Harsha.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks