Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 12:15   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Oh that was you..
I didn't know what happened but the vehicle in front of me cleared to the right and all of a sudden I see two vehicles side by side trying to turn left into VBIT and I was totally blocked.

I travel a long distance and tend to lose my patience towards the end of the journey :S ...

Sorry for going OT...
No problemo. Actually there are two gates side by side at the entrance to VBIT Park. That Qualis in front of me was taking the first one, and I was planning to take the second one to its right.

But all of a sudden that guy changed his mind and veered right to the second gate, forcing me to veer a bit and slow down further. That was the reason.

By the way, I remember the DC road was relaid last week, so I wonder what caused the jam at that infamous 4-road Junction.

Last edited by vnabhi : 28th August 2012 at 12:17.
Old 28th August 2012, 13:20   #1262
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
By the way, I remember the DC road was relaid last week, so I wonder what caused the jam at that infamous 4-road Junction.
The road was only relaid partially in sections. The section after the infamous 4-road junction is still in original (a.k.a bad) shape and yesterday's rains totally flooded that portion of the road. I guess the jam is due to people slowing down in caution on that stretch...
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 18:58   #1263
BHPian

What is wrong with these guys, I mean the GHMC. The roads all over Hyderabad are in tatters. I start at Tarnaka and end at Madhapur and my entire commute is filled with potholes, eroded tarmac, non-existent tarmac, gravel, craters, metro-rail barricades, "beautification" of the central median with mud all around the divider, etc. The final cherry on top is the horrible boat-ride experience on the DC road which has stopped traffic for a km on both sides.

My commute time (one way) has increased from 55-60min to 80min, and that is the non-rush-hour statistic. That's an additional 40min of my day wasted, along with burning some very expensive petrol!

Edit: There's a very well maintained and driven blue Alto with "Live to Drive" sticker, number plate ending in 8497. Followed it until Shopper's Stop. I'd seen it a few times earlier too!

Last edited by hellmet : 5th September 2012 at 19:01.
Old 5th September 2012, 19:11   #1264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is wrong with these guys, I mean the GHMC. The roads all over Hyderabad are in tatters. I start at Tarnaka and end at Madhapur and my entire commute is filled with potholes, eroded tarmac, non-existent tarmac, gravel, craters, metro-rail barricades, "beautification" of the central median with mud all around the divider, etc.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The roads are all in tatters. GHMC is busy in a median beautification project on the Gachibowli-Tolichowki road.

Old 5th September 2012, 20:17   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
The roads all over Hyderabad are in tatters.

potholes, eroded tarmac, non-existent tarmac, gravel, craters, metro-rail barricades, "beautification" of the central median with mud all around the divider, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
GHMC is busy in a median beautification project on the Gachibowli-Tolichowki road.
It is probably because of the "Eleventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity" & other meetings around it to be held from 1 - 19 October 2012. Primary Venue : HICC, near Novotel, Kondapur & probably others.

Link 1 & Link 2

Good News : GHMC or whoever - they need to clean up the mess by 01 Oct.

On fine day, during our morning walk, we noticed that they have started to build a parallel road (to the Aros Lounge to Novotel Kondapur Exit road). Double Laning in Progress
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-capture.jpg  

Old 10th September 2012, 10:56   #1266
BHPian

For people who haven't yet reached offices yet, please note that the DC road is blocked (totally closed) for repairs. Save some time and choose alternative routes.
Old 10th September 2012, 11:30   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For people who haven't yet reached offices yet, please note that the DC road is blocked (totally closed) for repairs. Save some time and choose alternative routes.
It was blocked last night around midnight too. I took the painful route via Madhapur PS which increased my journey time to 55 minutes instead of 40. Luckily the left turn at Vodafone tower towards Image Hospital helped in avoiding the maddening crowds on the Cyber Towers to Mindspace stretch.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:02   #1268
Distinguished - BHPian

Tolichowki and Gachibowli road has become a nightmare. Took me 1.5 hours to reach office. The particular stretch from Whisper Valley road till the right turn that goes to hitec city. It was bumper to bumper

Just waiting for the rains to finish. Will dump White Annihilator for the Maroon Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Now I enjoy the Bliss of ORR and Empty Service Roads beside the ORR
Nikhil. I really need to understand how i can take the ORR to reach my office. Can you please put a step-wise direction to reach office as i am pretty unfamiliar with ORR even now.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:07   #1269
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I really need to understand how i can take the ORR to reach my office. .
Taking a shot at it. From Prasad's Imax to the ISB road.

http://goo.gl/maps/BTec1

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-route.jpg
Old 10th September 2012, 12:12   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nikhil. I really need to understand how i can take the ORR to reach my office. Can you please put a step-wise direction to reach office as i am pretty unfamiliar with ORR even now.
You will need to turn left after Mehdipatnam towards Langar House fly over at Moreen Bakery. After the flyover, you have the option of going straight via Taramati Baradari and then merge with the ORR at Narsingi.

The other option is to turn left after the flyover and go via Shaadan College and merge with the ORR at APPA Jn.

I found the latter option better, though 5 kms longer. This is because the merger with the ORR is smooth, and one does not have to go for a few kms on the service road.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:17   #1271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Taking a shot at it. From Prasad's Imax to the ISB road.
Quote:
You will need to turn left after Mehdipatnam towards Langar House fly over at Moreen Bakery. After the flyover, you have the option of going straight via Taramati Baradari and then merge with the ORR at Narsingi.

The other option is to turn left after the flyover and go via Shaadan College and merge with the ORR at APPA Jn.

I found the latter option better, though 5 kms longer. This is because the merger with the ORR is smooth, and one does not have to go for a few kms on the service road.
Thanks guys. I think Bblost and Venu's 1st option is the same.

For option 2nd, is this left turn after mehdipatnam crossroad and goes below the PVNR expressway? where is Shadan College there?

How many kms is total if I take that route?
Old 10th September 2012, 12:19   #1272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

My apartment is on this road.
When I bought it some of my friends were like, you are moving away from the core of the city.

Thanks to the awesome ORR and the pathetic traffic on regular roads.
People in the core have to go via my home to reach their offices.

Quote:

For option 2nd, is this left turn after mehdipatnam crossroad and goes below the PVNR expressway? where is Shadan College there?
You take the Left Turn at the Congress Hand roundabout.
(Do check out Morine Bakery sometime. They are quite decent. )
Not under the PVNR.
You will cross the Langar Houz flyover.

Then you can either continue straight towards Taramati Biradari or take the left on Tipu Khan Bridge.
The map I uploaded is if the route if you continued straight.
This is the Osman Sagar Road.
You will NOT enter the ORR on this road, but use the service road. The service road is quite good but you cannot drive at the ORR Speeds.

The left turn on Tipu Khan Bridge is the Vikarabad/ Chevella/ Chikur Balaji road.
It will join the ORR after crossing Shadan College, PBEL City and APPA.

Last edited by bblost : 10th September 2012 at 12:34.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:00   #1273
Senior - BHPian

@bblolst has already clarified the 2nd option, which is the preferred option.

I use the ORR route to office once a month to take my car to high revvs, that is needed to keep the engine smooth. The following distance and time chart may be helpful, and more pocket-friendly if you have a diesel car:-
  1. Normal route from Somajiguda to VBIT Park via Rd # 45 and DC Toad takes me around 35 to 42 minutes for a distance of 15.5 kms.
  2. Route via Mehdipatnam and Tolichowki takes me around 45 to 50 minutes for a distance of 17 kms, but I avoid nowadays owing to recent bottlenecks.
  3. Route via option 1 (Taramati Baradari) takes me around 44 to 47 minutes for a distance of 30 kms
  4. Route via option 2 (PBEL/ APPA Jn) takes me around 50 minutes for a distance of 34.5 kms.
Being a petrol car owner, I normally take the shortest route, but if I'd had an inkling of today's road closure, I'd have taken the APPA Jn route for stress-free driving.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 13:42   #1274
BHPian

As others have mentioned, even if you take the Shadan College route and Landup near ORR at APPA Junction, you will still have to take the pains of going either from Nanakramguda or Gachibowli Main Road or if you are aware of Patencheru Exit, then you can directly land at ISB Road on the ORR.

The route I take is always devoid of traffic and I land directly at the Cap Gemini/ICICI Bank X Roads. I would suggest this road, as opposed to going via APPA Junction of ORR.

I would not confuse you with the route to Office, but would rather explain it the way back to home, so that you know very well where you are heading to.

Take the left from Cap Gemini towards ORR. As soon as you reach round about, take the exit on the left of the Round About, this leads you on to ORR. As soon as you cross the bridge, you would see a Babukhan board on the other side of the road. Technically speaking, this would be the Service Road, which would be beside the ORR Exit. Take the service road and proceed straight.

Turn right at the first major right turn, which would have a Rajapaksha/Phoneix School board at the entrance. Another pointer would be, as soon as you see the end of Blue Boards with TODAY written on them, that's the right you need to take.

Proceed Straight and turn left. Do not go straight but take the immediate left. Take the turns as the road curves towards the left and right. As you are taking left, you would see Rajapaksha Villa's on the right. If you see under construction villa's on your right, then you are on the correct road. Proceed straight till the road comes to a small X roads.

Peep towards left, you will see TEMPSUS Neon Lights on a Under construction building. That's when you turn left and proceed straight. This road directly connects you to Gandipet-Langer House Main Road. Proceed straight and you will cross Tempsus building on your left. Exit from this road and proceed straight. At the round about, you will see a Flyover before you, that's the Flyover, which takes you directly to Langer Houze.

From here on, you know the roads very well till Mehdipatnam.

The road via Gachibowli - Rai Durgam - Shaikpet - Toli Chowki - Mehdipatnam - Lakdi Ka Pul - Himayat Nagar is around 19.8 Kms, where as this is 24.7. However, saves a lot of time and frustation due to heavy traffic.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-road-compare.jpg

If you want to do recce of this road, do let me know. Lets go for a Short Drive on this Road some time in the afternoon.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 14:19   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

@Traveloholic. Now thats what I call a detailed feedback. I think i understood most of it now. But, I dont mind doing a short recee today. My offline ping comes your way in a short while from now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks