Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 11:34   #1291
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

They were removing the over head cables on Madhapur Main Road using a crane.
Took me approximately 40 minutes to drive from Masab Tank flyover to Cyber Towers.

The road looks much nicer without those ugly wires hanging all around it. I hope they come up with some ducts that remove that eyesore.
Old 13th September 2012, 11:44   #1292
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
try going via Rd # 10, Film Nagar and Whisper Valley.
Is not the road dug up between Raidurg PS and Cyberabad Police Commissionerate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
They were removing the over head cables on Madhapur Main Road using a crane.
I guess by Madhapur Main Road you mean the one connecting Madhapur PS to My Home Hub.

If so, I intend to avoid it by taking the Kavuri Hills - Ayyappa Society 100' road and then use the HiTec Flyover to avoid the Shilparamam Junction.
Old 13th September 2012, 11:49   #1293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I guess by Madhapur Main Road you mean the one connecting Madhapur PS to My Home Hub.
Yes. They were removing the cables at around 9AM today morning.

The crane was blocking one of the lanes and this was causing a pile up. It was interesting to watch the guys swaying in the crane's basket and hence the traffic jam was not boring.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:06   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
My normal route would be : LifeStyle - Greenlands - Punjagutta Flyover - Road No. 3, BH - Road No. 2, BH - KBR Park - Jubilee Hills Check Post - Road No. 36, JH - Kavuri Hills Junction - straight - 100' Road (Ayyappa Society) - HiTec Flyover - Raheja Junction - straight - right turn onto Old Bombay Highway - Cyberabad Police Commissionerate - Destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Yes. They were removing the cables at around 9AM today morning.
Thanks all for the guidance, both online here and also offline directly to me. Based on all the feedback, I will stick to my normal route.
Old 13th September 2012, 16:24   #1295
BHPian

So, I finally did the LifeStyle - Greenlands - Punjagutta Flyover - Road No. 3, BH - Road No. 2, BH - KBR Park - Jubilee Hills Check Post - Road No. 36, JH - Kavuri Hills Junction - straight - 100' Road (Ayyappa Society) - HiTec Flyover - Raheja Junction - straight - right turn onto Old Bombay Highway - Cyberabad Police Commissionerate - Destination route.

A Merc had broken down opposite LV Eye (in front of Cinemax) which delayed me a wee bit. A huge pit is dug up on Road No. 36 in Jubilee Hills in front of Rayalseema Ruchulu leaving effectively only one lane on each side which was the 2nd bottleneck. The diversion road from 100' road behind Meridian School and in front of the Tata Tejaswani Cars stockyard is closed for traffic and totally dug up which blocked access to the flyover resulting in me having to reverse back to the 100' road, then cross the HiTec Junction and stop for a green signal. All in all, managed to do it in 40 minutes versus earlier 35 minutes.

Return was from Hadippa Restaurant at Kondapur and the drive was only 27 minutes. Again, I skipped Shilparamam to Madhapur PS via Madhapur and used the 100' road which saved me precious travel time. Most roads have been paved and traffic flow is smooth. Afternoon lack of vehicles on the road was a plus.

Thanks to all for guiding me.
Old 14th September 2012, 16:14   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Mobike008, I travelled on that very road today and it's awesome, complete and finished. Except for a pair of not-visible-until-too-close triple speed-breakers, the road is good. Try it tonight and give us your feedback.
I need to pick up my wife from Waverock around 5 pm today. Do you suggest I take that service road all the way till the roundabout on the Gandipet-->Langer Houze road? Or is Nikhil's suggestion of taking the first major right towards Phoenix school better?
Old 14th September 2012, 17:08   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
I need to pick up my wife from Waverock around 5 pm today. Do you suggest I take that service road all the way till the roundabout on the Gandipet-->Langer Houze road? Or is Nikhil's suggestion of taking the first major right towards Phoenix school better?
My route, my route... My route is better .

But seriously, the route I mentioned is straightforward, without many of the speedbreakers and twisties that you'd encounter if you take the turn towards Phoenix School.

Just remember to take the right turn before the ORR or flyover goes above you.

Last edited by Neilguy : 14th September 2012 at 17:10.
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 17:35   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
My route, my route... My route is better .

But seriously, the route I mentioned is straightforward, without many of the speedbreakers and twisties that you'd encounter if you take the turn towards Phoenix School.

Just remember to take the right turn before the ORR or flyover goes above you.
I too went by the same way again after Neel updated me. It's complete now, so it would be a straight road now. However, used to love the twists and turns on the Phoenix School road, will miss them a lot now
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 18:28   #1299
Senior - BHPian

As luck would have it, my wife hitched a ride till Quality Inn Jn. So I could not explore that bit. Will certainly do one of these days.

By the way, the stretch from Raidurg PS towards Whisper Valley Jn is also undergoing some repair work, making progress slow. Luckily I passed by at around 5 pm, so there was not much rush.
Old 17th September 2012, 10:41   #1300
BHPian

The DC road is now open for traffic again. The horrible piece of stretch that used to be dug up every other day is now laid in concrete. Dusting the sand off is now in progress. Wonder how long the road will last without getting dug up again.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 11:16   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The DC road is now open for traffic again. The horrible piece of stretch that used to be dug up every other day is now laid in concrete. Dusting the sand off is now in progress. Wonder how long the road will last without getting dug up again.
Great relief to know this. As regards how long the road will last, my past experience shows approximately 6 to 9 months.

Let us enjoy till it gets busted again.

But I really hope that cops enforce some rules at the entry to that road, like not allowing vehicles coming from Nectar Gardens to proceed straight or right at that junction, and instead making them go left compulsorily. They only need to go 300 meters to turn at the next junction.
Old 17th September 2012, 11:39   #1302
BHPian

The reason why people go straight at that junction, (assuming it's the one circled in red in the picture that you're talking about) is that the genius that decided to have the divider on the Kaveri Hills road put a U-Turn at PBEL office instead of having it a little further up (see blue circle in picture).

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-dcroad.png

So motorists needing to go to Rd.No.44 (including me) have two choices, either go straight at the 'junction' or go ahead and take a U-Turn all the way at Madhapur PS junction.

However, a lot of the pain can be avoided by completing the road leading from iLabs/Inorbit mall connecting it to the Madhapur main road.

Name:  DCRoad2.png
Views: 1074
Size:  213.4 KB

PS: I have waaay too much time at office.

Last edited by hellmet : 17th September 2012 at 11:41.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 13:03   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that is the point I am talking about, and if you've seen my earlier posts, I too had criticized the nitwits for making a divider opposite the PBEL office, forcing people to use the road straight ahead at that junction.

I too use it on my return, but if I see a long line of vehicles in the opposite direction that would be inconvenienced by me, I turn left and take the next right after 300 meters. But alas, not many do that, and the junction gets clogged as a result.
Old 17th September 2012, 13:19   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
but if I see a long line of vehicles in the opposite direction that would be inconvenienced by me, I turn left and take the next right after 300 meters. But alas, not many do that, and the junction gets clogged as a result.
That's true. But, people just have to do what they have to do. It doesn't matter if someone is (or a lot of them are) inconvenienced by his/her tiny act. Hyderabad is not known for it's gridlocks, traffic moves even if it is slow. However, many temporary jams are created by such dimwits that always want to reach faster than everyone else.
Old 18th September 2012, 10:21   #1305
Senior - BHPian

For some unknown reason, the stretch from Orissa Island (near Jaganath temple) towards MLA Colony and Apollo Hospital was jammed today at 930 am, and I think I made the right choice by taking a U turn and going via Cancer Hospital and J Hills Check post.

But what was very heartening to note was that the DC road was very free and done up well. I wonder why the infamous junction did not pose a problem today. Perhaps lots of guys are on vacation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks