Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 12:47   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But what was very heartening to note was that the DC road was very free and done up well. I wonder why the infamous junction did not pose a problem today. Perhaps lots of guys are on vacation.
So am I understanding correctly that DC road is now open again from Chocolate Room to Inorbit?
Old 18th September 2012, 15:31   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
So am I understanding correctly that DC road is now open again from Chocolate Room to Inorbit?
Yes, you've got it right. The bad parts of the road have been done up, and we only need to wait and see how long they last.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 15:37   #1308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
My route, my route... My route is better .

But seriously, the route I mentioned is straightforward, without many of the speedbreakers and twisties that you'd encounter if you take the turn towards Phoenix School.

Just remember to take the right turn before the ORR or flyover goes above you.
I took this route while coming back from office and missed reading that highlighted line

The right turn has a gandipet sign board? I thought why should i go to gandipet and kept going straight. The damn road was never ending and finally ended up at APPA junction.

Therefore, missed reading that one line costed me 4kms extra ( 21kms vs. 17kms) till the Mehidpatnam hand signal X roads. But, since the road is smooth, I was testing out the P1 and P2 modes to glory

Btw, those 3-4 liner speedbreakers after the phonenix board were a dampner, it really brings the speed down
Old 18th September 2012, 16:02   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, those 3-4 liner speedbreakers after the phonenix board were a dampner, it really brings the speed down
Despite those, do you feel this route is better than the bylane suggested by Nikhil?
Old 18th September 2012, 16:51   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
I took this route while coming back from office and missed reading that highlighted line
I knew this was coming sometime soon

Quote:
The right turn has a gandipet sign board? I thought why should i go to gandipet and kept going straight. The damn road was never ending and finally ended up at APPA junction.
Many people miss this turn and go straight.

Quote:
Did you enjoy the 10 liner Speed breakers on this APPA Junction Service Road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Despite those, do you feel this route is better than the bylane suggested by Nikhil?
Devoid of the speed breakers, the Service Road is good to drive on. The main reason, I always took the Phoenix School route was to avoid 2 things, The Service Road was not 100% complete and the High Beam Lights of On Coming Traffic on the APPA Junction - Patencheru strech of the ORR. My way back is generally late and the traffic on ORR put their High Beam always on. This kind of hampers the visibility on the Service Road a bit. The Phoenix School road being devoid of traffic, I was ok with the Speed breakers.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 19:31   #1311
BHPian

Help Me!!!

I need to drive down from Shamshabad Airport to very close to Dundigal Air Force Academy in the pre-noon time frame.

I have 3 options :

1) Shamshabad - PVNRE - Mehdipatnam - Sanatnagar - Jeedimetla - Narsapur Road - Dundigal

2) Shamshabad - ORR - Gachibowli - Miyapur - Gandimissama Junction (near Bahadurpally) - Narsapur Road - Dundigal

3) Shamshabad - ORR - NH9 & ORR Junction near Patancheru - ORR - Narsapur Road - Dundigal

Route No. 3 is the most preferable as the road is the best.

However, has the Patancheru - Narsapur Road section of ORR been completed as yet?

Even if this section is not yet open to public officially, is it suitable for a car to use it?

Do cars use this section?

If I cannot use the Route No. 3, I guess Route No. 2 is best.

In such case, what is the expected travel time that I should forecast?

Thanks!
Old 24th September 2012, 19:47   #1312
BHPian

I suggest route 2 is good option.
Travel time may vary between gachibowli to miyapur x road depending upon the time of travel for this stretch and direction of travel.
IndianNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 22:44   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I need to drive down from Shamshabad Airport to very close to Dundigal Air Force Academy in the pre-noon time frame.
If you are traveling via Route-3, then do drop by at Financial District for a cup of Tea with Chai Bandi'ts

Quote:
1) Shamshabad - PVNRE - Mehdipatnam - Sanatnagar - Jeedimetla - Narsapur Road - Dundigal
Rule out Option 1, reasons being the bottle necks on that stretch.

If you are taking the "Mehdipatnam - Ameerpet - S. R. Nagar - Erragadda - Sanatnagar - Jeedimetla" route, the bottle necks would be as follows:
Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital, Banjara Hills Road No. 1, Pension Office/Road No.12 X Roads, City Center X Roads, Ameerpet, S.R.Nagar, Erragadda, Moosapet X Roads, Balanagar-Qutbullapur X Roads.

If you are taking the "Mehdipatnam - Begumpet - Balkampet - Sanatnagar - Jeedimetla" route, the bottle necks would be as follows:
Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital, Banjara Hills Road No. 1, Pension Office/Road No.12 X Roads, City Center X Roads, Balkampet-Sanath Nagar Flyover, Balanagar-Qutbullapur X Roads.

Quote:
3) Shamshabad - ORR - NH9 & ORR Junction near Patancheru - ORR - Narsapur Road - Dundigal
Your route need not be "Shamshabad - ORR - NH9 & ORR Junction near Patancheru - ORR - Narsapur Road - Dundigal" but should be as follows: "Shamshabad - ORR - APPA Junction - Kokapet - Patencheru - ORR Exit - Dundigal". This is what your route is supposed to be.

Quote:
No Left, No Right is the only route you need to take from Shamshabad ORR till Dundigal Exit. I would say the best route to take. Even if you need to exit the ORR somewhere, you are still on the Old ORR/Inner Ring Road.

Quote:
However, has the Patancheru - Narsapur Road section of ORR been completed as yet?
Bajaj Saab, IIRC, I've read in the newspaper that the Patencheru-Shamirpet stretch of the ORR is completed and would be opened soon. In that case, it should be open for travel, however not officially. Exactly how the other stretches were commutable except that they were not officially opened.

Quote:
Even if this section is not yet open to public officially, is it suitable for a car to use it?
There might be some minor work on at some places, which should not be much of an issue.

Quote:
I see Trucks plying on this road everyday, so I guess the route is very might usable. The work is going on at a good pace and should not pose any problem to you en-route. These inputs are based on what I see everyday on my way to office. I take the Kokapet Exit and see vehicles going straight ahead.

Bajaj Saab, If you want, either me or Neel can speak to the guys manning the ORR Tollgate at Kokapet about the status of Kokapet-Patencheru-Dundigal stretch. Albeit, you need to let us know well in advance, the time you would be passing by, so that we can update you prior to that.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 11:57   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
I suggest route 2 is good option.
Thanks! I have 90 minutes to cover the distance which sounds reasonable since I intend to start from the airport at 10:30am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
If you are traveling via Route-3, then do drop by at Financial District for a cup of Tea with Chai Bandi'ts.
Not this time. Paucity of time. Some other day for sure.
Quote:
I see Trucks plying on this road everyday, so I guess the route is very might usable. The work is going on at a good pace and should not pose any problem to you en-route. These inputs are based on what I see everyday on my way to office. I take the Kokapet Exit and see vehicles going straight ahead.
What you see is vehicles going towards Patancheru. A drive meet has already been done upto Patancheru and we know that this stretch is already open to public.
Quote:
Bajaj Saab, If you want, either me or Neel can speak to the guys manning the ORR Tollgate at Kokapet about the status of Kokapet-Patencheru-Dundigal stretch. Albeit, you need to let us know well in advance, the time you would be passing by, so that we can update you prior to that.
I am thinking and worried about the Patancheru - Dundigal stretch. If that is closed and my car is not allowed, I will have to turn right at Patancheru exit towards the city on NH9 and come up to Miyapur and then cross to Narsapur Road via Bolarum which will result in a very long drive and delay me considerably. Please do seek what ever information you can. Thanks!
Old 25th September 2012, 12:19   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Help Me!!!

I have 3 options :

2) Shamshabad - ORR - Gachibowli - Miyapur - Gandimissama Junction (near Bahadurpally) - Narsapur Road - Dundigal

If I cannot use the Route No. 3, I guess Route No. 2 is best.

In such case, what is the expected travel time that I should forecast?

Thanks!
Unless you hear confirmed news (from Nikhil?)that the ORR is open,I would suggest you take MiyapurXRoads-Right turn-followed by left turn to Bolaram-follow the road till you touch medak road just after bahadurpally and take a left and go onto Dundigal which is anywys next door from the junction.Airpprt to Gachibowli junction is 30mins.From there miyapur would be another 30mins with traffic and another 30mins to Dundigal.I take this road during my drives from Mumbai to Sainikpuri and from my daughter' school at maisammaguda towards Hitec.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:02   #1316
BHPian

Did Shamshabad Airport - ORR - Gachibowli - Miyapur - Gandimissama - Dundigal route. It is 57 km and took 1 hour 20 minutes which includes the ORR run. Severe traffic snarl from Kothaguda Junction to Kondapur RTO (the traffic on other side was stuck upto Hafeezpet Flyover). Miyapur - Gandimissama is cool road but certainly not a 5th gear drive.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 16:21   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did Shamshabad Airport - ORR - Gachibowli - Miyapur - Gandimissama - Dundigal route. It is 57 km and took 1 hour 20 minutes which includes the ORR run. Severe traffic snarl from Kothaguda Junction to Kondapur RTO (the traffic on other side was stuck upto Hafeezpet Flyover). Miyapur - Gandimissama is cool road but certainly not a 5th gear drive.
That severe traffic snarl at those spots is a daily affair this week for those staying in Hafizpet and coming to Cyber towers. My colleagues are taking more than an hour for a distance of 8 kms, while I keep covering 15 kms in 45 mintues.

Life has become tough for guys who shifted to Western Hyd, it seems.
Old 1st October 2012, 08:34   #1318
BHPian

1) The flower pots placed on the divider on the Khairatabad Flyover have been pushed onto the road and damaged thus blocking at least one lane on each side. Expect traffic snarls on the flyover today till the concerned authorities clear up the place.

2) Raj Bhawan Road is closed to traffic between Necklace Road Station (near Pizza Hut & KFC) and Khairatabad Junction (Khairatabad Flyover). Diversion of traffic will result is slowdown on the Khairatabad Punjagutta Road.

3) A couple of photos clicked by me an hour back exactly opposite JalaVihar. BTW, the lane leading from JalaVihar towards Secunderabad is closed to traffic (no idea for the reason) though the other side is open. The glass windows of Water Front Restaurant facing the Necklace Road have stone holes while the cabins and other infrastructural assets in front of JalaVihar have also been damaged.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20121001-07.44.52.jpg
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20121001-07.44.12.jpg
Old 1st October 2012, 08:38   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
1) The flower pots placed on the divider on the Khairatabad Flyover have been pushed onto the road and damaged thus blocking at least one lane on each side. Expect traffic snarls on the flyover today till the concerned authorities clear up the place.
Thanks for the update! Are the pots too heavy for people like you and me to move them back into place or atleast out of the street?

Also, any idea how the bandh situation is here in Begumpet towards HiTec city?
Old 1st October 2012, 11:21   #1320
Team-BHP Support

Just because the TOLL has started on the ORR don't expect the bikes will be restricted on it.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20121001-10.11.30.jpg

This guy however got on the ORR by mistake. When I told him that bikes are not allowed. He asked me for directions to the service road and turned back.

The signage on the entry needs to be explicit. The current boards are not adequate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks