Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 15:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hey guys,

1: Are dark tints allowed ? I have SR35.
Not really unless there is a security alert. Most of the people lower their windows when they spot a security check happening!

2: Are cops okay with a TN regd car ? I have those HSR number plates, but planning to put in some font which is smaller than the current one.
Not within the city. But expect to be stopped near malls, necklace road, etc. The most frequent stops for a non AP car is in Hi-tec City and between 10:30 PM to 12:00 PM after which they all go to sleep!

3: And finally how are the quality of roads ? Esp when compared to Chennai and Bangalore ? Was thinking of going low-profile
Expect Wide roads almost everywhere (some of them converge into single lane though) as compared to the narrow roads of Bangalore & Chennai. As pointed out earlier, be prepared for the manholes and register their location in your mind to dodge them from next time! It just needs some getting used to!
Quote:
Here's an update for Merc owners in Hyderabad---the workshop on Katriya Hotel lane off Raj Bhavan Road has shifted yesterday to Bowenpally, near MMR Gardens, per notice put up outside their old premises.
Incidentally the Skoda workshop shifted a couple of months ago too from the same area.
The flip side is that I can no longer get to drool over those sleek SLKs in my neighbourhood
Are the land prices cheap in Bowenpally? It would be a hassle for the owners of Ford/Merc/Skoda Cars from the other side of the city to reach the workshops. (Ford is also located here and I once had a tough time going there on my bike to drop off my friend!)
Aah.. on a second thought, most of the skoda/merc owners will have drivers, so no direct impact for them I guess!
Old 14th July 2009, 17:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
..........Aah.. on a second thought, most of the skoda/merc owners will have drivers, so no direct impact for them I guess!
Yes, and I am the driver!

The Skoda workshop is in Sanatnagar (behind Concorde), there is a small outlet for Skoda in the old Auto Chenoy premises. Auto Chenoy also has the used car lot of Mahavir Motors. The new Merc workshop is closeby.

Cheers,
Old 14th July 2009, 18:51   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are the land prices cheap in Bowenpally? It would be a hassle for the owners of Ford/Merc/Skoda Cars from the other side of the city to reach the workshops. (Ford is also located here and I once had a tough time going there on my bike to drop off my friend!)
Aah.. on a second thought, most of the skoda/merc owners will have drivers, so no direct impact for them I guess!
Looks like land is cheaper there. You're right--they already have Ford and Tata there.
However Mody Ford also has a workshop at Mudfort, near K.V. Picket. I usually go to that place. Fortune Ford also has a workshop at Abids, near Hollywood Shoes, but I don't prefer that dealer.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:45   #124
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the suggestions. By low pro I meant 205/55/R15.. which is low compared to the 195/60/R15 that I currently have.

And yes going by the no. of threads on Hyd meets, I guess I'll have a nice time meeting you folks
Old 15th July 2009, 11:20   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Fortune Ford also has a workshop at Abids, near Hollywood Shoes, but I don't prefer that dealer.
Wow, where is this workshop in the hustle bustle of abids area and that too near to Hollywood shoes?
Old 15th July 2009, 18:57   #126
Senior - BHPian

ravveendrra sir, dont the skoda people have a pick up and drop service at thier showroom?

upon my last conversation with the merc guys, the shifting was more of a complaints issue/lease period getting over issue rather than the rising rental values.

guess the owners of the land decided to use the land for other uses, last i heard a lake view apt was under conisderation at the area where the actual skoda workshop shed is located.

anyways coming back to the topic,guys any ideas when the alternate routes coming up in madhvapur area are gonna open up, esp the one directly connecting the road opp kasani gr hotel to the madhavpur mmts station? would save a lot of time rather than being stuck in the traffic till the main signals.

Quote:
I'll be moving to Hyd soon for 3-4 months, and plan to drive down the Swift. Though I'm from AP, I havent been there for quite a long time and not sure if there are strict rules esp. in Hyde.

1: Are dark tints allowed ? I have SR35.
2: Are cops okay with a TN regd car ? I have those HSR number plates, but planning to put in some font which is smaller than the current one.
3: And finally how are the quality of roads ? Esp when compared to Chennai and Bangalore ? Was thinking of going low-profile
hey hi, welcome to hyd,

well the first two points would honestly depend on the mood of the cops.

but i doubt if you will have any issues with the sr35.

the second point would depend on which area would you be working in, if its the hitec city area then it would be wise as raveenndrra sir suggest to get bills reguarly from TN. your other option would be to pay the life tax here in hyd.

if its the other areas of hyd, then you wont have much issue, a few of my cars are KA registered, and i have hardly been bothered in hyd.

roads are as good as chennai and much better than banglore,but the general upkeep has been down from the past few years.

Quote:
Your right. That is the Metro Apartments and only place on that road where you can turn 360 degrees
had been on the raj bhavan road a few days back, was suprised at this, good thing my office shifted last year, if not would have had to drive down all the way till metro apts and take a turn back till skoda showroom, and with kapadia lane and the lane beside the metro apts being blocked most of the time, wouldnt have had any other option!

Last edited by aadix : 15th July 2009 at 19:14.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:04   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, where is this workshop in the hustle bustle of abids area and that too near to Hollywood shoes?
The workshop is in the lane opposite to Stanley college in Chirag Ali lane.This was the first workshop of Fortune Ford and now they have two more, one at Sanathnagar and the other one at Toli Chowki.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Brajesh, you are mighty lucky that you drive towards Khairatabad from your office, and don't have to take a U turn at Metro Apts!
Old 15th July 2009, 19:59   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
The workshop is in the lane opposite to Stanley college in Chirag Ali lane.This was the first workshop of Fortune Ford and now they have two more, one at Sanathnagar and the other one at Toli Chowki.
Oh there. Even Talwar Hyundai has a service center nearby ( Behind one flight down pub in Nampally) which is close to chirag ali lane.

Let's do a service center "meet" between Ford and Hyundai car owners
Old 16th July 2009, 19:24   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Brajesh, you are mighty lucky that you drive towards Khairatabad from your office, and don't have to take a U turn at Metro Apts!
Unfortunately I need to take this U turn to reach my home via Punjagutta/Banjara Hills and Film Nagar.
Old 16th July 2009, 19:33   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
ravveendrra sir, dont the skoda people have a pick up and drop service at thier showroom?
@aadix: Skoda guys do have the pick up and drop off facility. In fact, I get my car picked up always, but go to the workshop to inspect, pay and take delivery after the service.
Old 16th July 2009, 19:45   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh there. Even Talwar Hyundai has a service center nearby ( Behind one flight down pub in Nampally) which is close to chirag ali lane.

Let's do a service center "meet" between Ford and Hyundai car owners
Avi Bhai, hum "meet" karne ka koi mauka nahi gavante.Aap boliye kab milna hai.
Old 17th July 2009, 10:39   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Unfortunately I need to take this U turn to reach my home via Punjagutta/Banjara Hills and Film Nagar.
Uh oh---I generally prefer to go via Nasr Primary school, KCP Jn and Taj Krishna. But I guess the Taj Krishna up road will be crowded in the evenings.

BTW, I did not see the barricade opp. KFC today----so does it mean the cops have abandoned their devious plan? I'm pretty glad to see status quo ante restored today---we are free from the scourge of those nitwit cops finally!!
Old 17th July 2009, 23:31   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW, I did not see the barricade opp. KFC today----so does it mean the cops have abandoned their devious plan? I'm pretty glad to see status quo ante restored today---we are free from the scourge of those nitwit cops finally!!
I feel that the barricades at Kapadia lane & Yashoda were necessary as thay were the bottlenecks on RajBhavan road!
There was a complaint in TOI about the closure of the U turn at KFC, and I think that might have got the cops to rethink!

OT: Have you folks noticed the gates that have come up in front of CM's house in the divider to avoid taking U turns? (I pity the taxpayers including me!)
Old 18th July 2009, 10:08   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that the barricades at Kapadia lane & Yashoda were necessary as thay were the bottlenecks on RajBhavan road!
There was a complaint in TOI about the closure of the U turn at KFC, and I think that might have got the cops to rethink!

OT: Have you folks noticed the gates that have come up in front of CM's house in the divider to avoid taking U turns? (I pity the taxpayers including me!)
Nazim, thanks for the update on the TOI article---surprisingly I missed it.
I agree that the other 2 barricades were needed, though it put guys like me to some difficulty---but KFC was the last straw.
It is also likely that the ex-Labour Minister (Rajiv Gandhi's govt) living on Asif Avenue (near Villa Marie) might have intervened. Another possibility is the slum dwellers opp. Raj Bhavan.

Most Viewed