Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 15:47   #1366
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Venu Saab, that is not yet fully functional I guess. If you are willing to take the pain of bump-bump-bump, then I guess you can try it. I once took that road and ended up going around through mud-dust and what not to end up at Nanakramguda ORR Exit. I never tried that route again. It was like an Off Roading Track all together. Let me see, if I can do a recce of it on someones bike here.
That is what I thought also. Do update us when you can. I guess the bumpy stretch is only for half a km, but I am not sure.
Old 21st November 2012, 16:54   #1367
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

I guess the toll is now operational on ORR?
How much does it cost from NH7 (Shamshabad) coming from Blr, if I exit at Kothaguda? (edit: or is it Kondapur?)

thanks.

Last edited by sriturl : 21st November 2012 at 16:55.
Old 21st November 2012, 17:02   #1368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Has anybody used the shortcut route from nVidia to Gachibowli? There seems to be a kutcha road for some distance after nVidia and then it seems to be a good road till the entrance to ORR at Nanakramguda.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...5&via=1,2&z=16

Is that the road that goes straight from Capgemini Chai tapri? If yes, I ventured out there during sometime in March this year and that road was under contruction and dead-ends...Went through some bad patches and had to negotiate through a couple of JCB's and return back and take the normal route.

I cursed myself for always looking out for shortcut strategies

EDIT : Sriturl, Lowest toll charge is Rs.10 and highest is Rs.20 ( i think). VFM for the roads their offer us

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st November 2012 at 17:04.
Old 21st November 2012, 19:04   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is that the road that goes straight from Capgemini Chai tapri? If yes, I ventured out there during sometime in March this year and that road was under contruction and dead-ends...Went through some bad patches and had to negotiate through a couple of JCB's and return back and take the normal route.

I cursed myself for always looking out for shortcut strategies
Add me to that list of persons looking out for shortcuts!

I am not sure of where the chai tapri is located, but I am referring to the road to the left that comes after passing Capgemini, while coming from Wipro Circle. It leads to Nvidia campus at the end of that road.

Google maps gives me an impression that a road does exist, though it may be patchy. Let us await Travelholic's survey report.
Old 21st November 2012, 20:30   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
EDIT : Sriturl, Lowest toll charge is Rs.10 and highest is Rs.20 ( i think). VFM for the roads their offer us
The Highest depends upon your Entry Point and Exit Point. Shamshabad to Airport should cost about 30/- or 40/-. Avi Bhai, the max toll depends upon the Kms you are covering between your two points.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:56   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
The Highest depends upon your Entry Point and Exit Point. Shamshabad to Airport should cost about 30/- or 40/-. Avi Bhai, the max toll depends upon the Kms you are covering between your two points.
Thanks, that sounds reasonable. Highway toll is almost 1 rupee per km. My previous visit, I didn't use ORR, as I had to detour via Nanal nagar, so took PVNR exp way instead.
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:15   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
How much does it cost from NH7 (Shamshabad) coming from Blr, if I exit at Kothaguda? (edit: or is it Kondapur?)
It is neither Kothaguda nor Kondapur, it is Gachibowli.
The toll is 20/-.
Quote:
Lowest toll charge is Rs.10 and highest is Rs.20 ( i think). VFM for the roads their offer us
The toll goes up way beyond 20/-. Thumb Rule method of calculation is Rs. 0.85 per km. to be rounded off to the nearest 10/- (not higher, nearest).
Quote:
Shamshabad to Airport should cost about 30/- or 40/-.
Typographical error.
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:19   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Typographical error.
I was taking him from Shamshabad to the Airport Bajaj Saab

What was I really thinking, when I was replying to that post
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:07   #1374
BHPian

From the posts, it appears that Toll is collected from ORR.
When did they start collecting the toll ?
Can anybody enlighten me on the current toll scenario on ORR ?
Old 24th November 2012, 08:08   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 View Post
From the posts, it appears that Toll is collected from ORR.
When did they start collecting the toll ?
Can anybody enlighten me on the current toll scenario on ORR ?
Yes, ORR (the functional parts) is tolled since the past few months.

It is approximately Rs. 0.85 per km rounded off to the nearest 10 rupees.

The functional part of ORR at present is between Mumbai Highway near Patancheru and Vijayawada Highway near Ramoji Film City. That is a distance of approximately 75 km and so the toll should be either Rs. 60/- or Rs. 70/- or in that range.

The minimum toll is Rs. 10/-.

The toll between airport exit at Shamshabad and Gachibowli exit is Rs. 20/-.
Old 24th November 2012, 09:46   #1376
BHPian

Yes. The toll booth issues a ticket when you enter ORR and you pay while you exit. After this has started there has been some reduction in call Center cab traffic in the ORR. Also the segment from Gachibowli to the Financial District exit is toll free and the toll is collected only in the main segment of the ORR. This will still be a viable alternate route to Wipro junction and beyond.
Old 25th November 2012, 22:32   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
I was taking him from Shamshabad to the Airport Bajaj Saab
Never mind, message conveyed...

Quote:
It is neither Kothaguda nor Kondapur, it is Gachibowli.

The toll goes up way beyond 20/-. Thumb Rule method of calculation is Rs. 0.85 per km. to be rounded off to the nearest 10/- (not higher, nearest).
Thanks, may try in the next visit, unless I need to detour via Nanal nagar

one thing unrelated is that I always get stopped by traffic cops to check for pollution certificate etc.(which normally doesnt happen in Blr). This time I was thinking that I was not stopped owing to the sunfilm operation, but was stopped at the end of Cyberabad limits(just before checkpost which says Mahboob Nagar district police check post) beyond Shamshabad, almost at Shadnagar.
Old 29th November 2012, 11:49   #1378
BHPian

The Hyderabad ORR just got extended :

Bye-passing Hyderabad using ORR between Bangalore Highway and Nagpur Highway is now a reality (will become in a few days time).

The ORR stretch between NH9 aka Mumbai Highway near Patancheru at Muthangi and Nagpur Highway aka NH7 near Medchal and SH1 aka Rajiv Rahadari aka Siddipet-Karimnagar Highway near Shamirpet is being declared open from 03-Dec-2012. It will remain un-tolled for a month or so till tenders are finalised on who will get the contract. The toll between Patancheru and Shamirpet will be Rs. 30/-.

Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway), Nagarjunasagar State Highway, Srisailam State Highway, NH7 (Bangalore Highway), Gachibowli exit, Financial District exit, NH9 (Mumbai Highway), Medak State Highway, NH7 (Nagpur Highway) and Karimnagar State Highway which marks more than 75% of the work.

The stretch from Karimnagar State Highway to Warangal Highway and then Warangal Highway to NH5 (Vijayawada Highway) remains under construction and once this is complete, the ORR will be fully 100% ready.

Happy Driving!!!
hyd_traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 13:01   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Hyderabad ORR just got extended :

Bye-passing Hyderabad using ORR between Bangalore Highway and Nagpur Highway is now a reality (will become in a few days time).

The ORR stretch between NH9 aka Mumbai Highway near Patancheru at Muthangi and Nagpur Highway aka NH7 near Medchal and SH1 aka Rajiv Rahadari aka Siddipet-Karimnagar Highway near Shamirpet is being declared open from 03-Dec-2012. It will remain un-tolled for a month or so till tenders are finalised on who will get the contract. The toll between Patancheru and Shamirpet will be Rs. 30/-.

Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway), Nagarjunasagar State Highway, Srisailam State Highway, NH7 (Bangalore Highway), Gachibowli exit, Financial District exit, NH9 (Mumbai Highway), Medak State Highway, NH7 (Nagpur Highway) and Karimnagar State Highway which marks more than 75% of the work.

The stretch from Karimnagar State Highway to Warangal Highway and then Warangal Highway to NH5 (Vijayawada Highway) remains under construction and once this is complete, the ORR will be fully 100% ready.

Happy Driving!!!
Thanks for this brilliant news scoopDo you know of any dates on the Rajiv Rahadari-Warrangal-NH5 completion?
Old 29th November 2012, 13:17   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
The ORR stretch between NH9 aka Mumbai Highway near Patancheru at Muthangi and Nagpur Highway aka NH7 near Medchal and SH1 aka Rajiv Rahadari aka Siddipet-Karimnagar Highway near Shamirpet is being declared open from 03-Dec-2012.
Do you know the other exits between Muthangi and Shamirpet? Trying to see if there is an exit near Mallampet or Bowrampet. There are roads cutting ORR at these places. I am sure there should be one at the Medak road intersection.

Quote:
Naming the important junctions clockwise starting from the Eastern side, the ORR is now operational for both ways traffic between : NH5 (Vijayawada Highway),
Hyderabad Vijayawada Highway is NH 9 (Now called NH 65 as per new numbering system). NH 5 is the Chennai-Vijayawada-Kolkatta Highway (NH 16 as per the new numbering system).
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed