Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 17:10   #1411
BHPian

Re: ORR:Shamirpet-Gachibowli

I travelled from Tirumalgherry X-roads to the ORR junction on Shamirpet Road and this is exactly 15kms from the Ratnaiah Petrol station. From here I travelled till Medchal road side of the ORR which is another 10kms.

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th December 2012 at 17:12. Reason: incorrect quote tag
Old 18th December 2012, 17:16   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I travelled from Tirumalgherry X-roads to the ORR junction on Shamirpet Road and this is exactly 15kms from the Ratnaiah Petrol station. From here I travelled till Medchal road side of the ORR which is another 10kms.
Thanks Saikat.So the ORR junction is easy to spot on Shamirpet road?Also on Medchal Road,how far from NH7-Kompally would it be any idea?
Old 18th December 2012, 17:47   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks Saikat.So the ORR junction is easy to spot on Shamirpet road?Also on Medchal Road,how far from NH7-Kompally would it be any idea?
Yes its quite easy actually. The road is wide and there is a big roundabout. The 1st left(before the actual roundabout) in this ORR juction is the service road so you should leave that and go further and take the left ramp to get on to the ORR. Straight will be siddipet.
After about 10 kms once you get to the Medchal road side, you come out near Dhruva College of Management where the ORR stretch is still incomplete here you need to get off the ORR and turn right towards Medchal on NH-7 and continue going straight for around 1.5 kms. There is another sign-board here which says 'ORR Toll road' pointing left. I havent gone on this route and I went straight from here.
Old 22nd December 2012, 08:25   #1414
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

What is the best way to go from Langar Houz, Hyderabad to Karimnagar.

How is the road and approximate amount of time it takes.
Old 22nd December 2012, 09:43   #1415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost

Wouldnt it be easiest to go via the ORR now that the patancheru karimnagar section is complete?
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:46   #1416
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Wouldnt it be easiest to go via the ORR now that the patancheru karimnagar section is complete?
I know the ORR till Patancheru. Can you please give me some details on the Patancheru to Karimnagar.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd December 2012, 22:03   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost

I know the ORR till Patancheru. Can you please give me some details on the Patancheru to Karimnagar.

Thanks in advance.
Keep continuing on the ORR till you reach the Karimnagar exit onto the Rajiv Rahadari.the orr junction is approx 15kms from secbad club and should take you anoter 3hrs from the ORR imo
Old 25th December 2012, 00:19   #1418
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Keep continuing on the ORR till you reach the Karimnagar exit onto the Rajiv Rahadari.the orr junction is approx 15kms from secbad club and should take you anoter 3hrs from the ORR imo
Of what I travel it is from Patancheru (Exit 3) travel till Medchal (Exit 6) after which the ORR is not complete so the we have to exit and drive down the NH 44 till road that goes from NH 44 to Sharmirpet junction which touches the ORR again.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 12:32   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Last night I had to drop my wife at the Secunderabad station at around 7 pm. In order to avoid the maddening snarls near Shopper's Stop at Begumpet, I took the longer route via Tank Bund, Kavadiguda and Musheerabad. I was pleasantly surprised at reaching the old entrance of the railway station in 25 minutes flat, for a distance of 11 kms.
Venu Sir,

Do we have car parking on back side of Secunderabad station?
Or we need to go roundabout after the station (through under bridge) to part on front side?
Need to pick my mom in the evening, though Begumpet road should be better today, just wanted to try the other side.
Old 25th December 2012, 14:26   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Venu Sir,

Do we have car parking on back side of Secunderabad station?
Or we need to go roundabout after the station (through under bridge) to part on front side?
Need to pick my mom in the evening, though Begumpet road should be better today, just wanted to try the other side.
The back side of Sec'bad is called "Bhoiguda" side and has ample space for car parking. And if you don't mind waiting you could wait in the car to the side of the road, like people near the airport, without having to pay for park. For me the inconvenience of parking beats whatever I have to pay as fees. We always use this side as it feels saner than the main platform exit.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 19:18   #1421
Senior - BHPian

@deepv---I agree with hellmet. I prefer the back entrance as it has ample parking and better ambience. One can also avoid parking by waiting at the roadside on the road leading to the entrance.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 10:17   #1422
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
We always use this side as it feels saner than the main platform exit.
Agree. The Bhoiguda side of SC station is easier to access than the front side of SC. Parking rates are the same though - Rs 30/- for the first two hours I guess.

Last edited by PVS : 26th December 2012 at 10:25.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:04   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Agree. The Bhoiguda side of SC station is easier to access than the front side of SC. Parking rates are the same though - Rs 30/- for the first two hours I guess.
Added to that, most of the major trains like Rajdhani, Duronto, Chennai express etc depart and arrive from platforms 8 till 10 for most of the times. I also once did a running time comparison from my residence in Begumpet to the front entrance of sec'bad station and that of the back entrance under similar conditions. I found that I actually saved a good 3-4 minutes reaching bhoiguda side entrance as you can avoid traffic and signals under the patny flyover as well as traffic all the way upto station front entrance.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:56   #1424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

We decided to book a Force Traveler as the number of passengers was almost 12.

Left Madhapur at 8:30 AM.
The driver took the Kothaguda, Miyapur, Medhchal, Siddipet route to Karim Nagar.
We reached at around 12:30.

Left Karimnagar at 3:30.
This time we used the ORR from Medhcal. Reached Madhapur at 7:15 PM.
Toll was charged for only the Patancheru-Gachibowli stretch. Rs 20/-

The air conditioned Force Traveler cost us Rs 16 per km. Additionally Rs 300 as Driver Batta.
Total distance was 415 kms.
So we paid 7,000.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:26   #1425
Team-BHP Support

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20121231-12.48.44.jpg

You might come across this guy in the Hi Tech city area of Hyderabad.
He will be lying on the road. Suffering from a elliptic fit. You will feel sorry. Immediately give him your keys.

Slowly he will recover. Then tell you his sad story. How he needs some money to buy medicines. How he cannot return home without money as his landlord has threatened to throw out his family.

You will give him some money.

I did!

Then a few weeks later, you will see the same guy, pulling the same stunt on someone else. That is when I took this picture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks