Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2013, 10:22   #1426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Guys

The nitwits have dug a trench across the roads at Mind Space Circle, causing a gridlock. I don't know why the nitwits have not opened the other gaps in the median that were closed few months ago, like the one near Thomson Reuters at least till the road is re-done.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:17   #1427
PVS
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

The nitwits have dug a trench across the roads at Mind Space Circle, causing a gridlock. I don't know why the nitwits have not opened the other gaps in the median that were closed few months ago, like the one near Thomson Reuters at least till the road is re-done.
True, while coming to Mindspace from Inorbit Mall side, at around 10:40 am, it took me close to 10 minutes to take a U-Turn, and enter Mindspace via the C gate. There was a hell lot of congestion near the 'U' turn, with traffic backing up in all directions. They should seriously consider opening up the Divider near the C gate entrance and near the circle.
Old 6th January 2013, 18:31   #1428
BHPian

Hyderabad ORR

Hi

Can someone tell me what stretches of the Hyd ORR are ready for use currently? Is the stretch between Shamirpet and Vijayawada highway open?
Thanks
Dadi
Old 6th January 2013, 18:35   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadi Bhote
Hi

Can someone tell me what stretches of the Hyd ORR are ready for use currently? Is the stretch between Shamirpet and Vijayawada highway open?
Thanks
Dadi
Dec 3rd week when I was going from Pune to Hyderabad, I hv driven almost like 25 KM on ORR reaching till Gachibowli. And I hv seen big signboard mentioning Vijawada etc.
that's the update I have.
Old 6th January 2013, 22:07   #1430
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad ORR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadi Bhote View Post
Hi

Thanks
Dadi
You have the Gachibowli - Vijaywada stretch (close to Ramoji City) open for quite long.

The recently opened stretch was the Shamirpet - Patencheru (Mumbai Highway)
Old 6th January 2013, 22:41   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Dadi
Yes, ORR stretch between Shamirpet and Vijayawada is open. ORR stretch between Shamirpet and Patancheru is toll-free road, from Patancheru to Vijayawada exit is toll-road and I think it will be around Rs 70 for cars for a distance of 50 KMs.

A small stretch between Shamirpet and Patancheru is not complete, but they have provided a two-lane way for this stretch.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 7th January 2013, 07:52   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Is the stretch between Shamirpet and Vijayawada highway open?
The answer is "No". However, if you wish to do it anti-clockwise from Shamirpet to Vijayawada highway which is nearly 270 degrees, it is open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
You have the Gachibowli - Vijaywada stretch (close to Ramoji City) open for quite long.

The recently opened stretch was the Shamirpet - Patencheru (Mumbai Highway)
True and absolutely correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Yes, ORR stretch between Shamirpet and Vijayawada is open.
Hi Srinivas, I think that Dadi Bhote wants an update on the direct and shorter route of the ORR which bisects the Warangal Highway.
Old 7th January 2013, 10:49   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Hi Srinivas, I think that Dadi Bhote wants an update on the direct and shorter route of the ORR which bisects the Warangal Highway.
Hi hyd_traveller, is that route shorter ? It will bisect warangal highway at ghatkesar town and then connect to vijayawada highway right ? This route as per estimates is going to take another 1 year :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 7th January 2013, 11:46   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Hi hyd_traveller, is that route shorter ? It will bisect warangal highway at ghatkesar town and then connect to vijayawada highway right ? This route as per estimates is going to take another 1 year :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Of course, it is shorter. The question was about the ORR from Shamirpet to Vijaywada highway, which is the only stretch that is not complete. It is around 35 kms, I guess.

The only option to avoid Hyd city is to go 270 degrees around the city, by proceeding towards Patancheru from Shamirpet, and then to Shamshabad and finally to Vijaywada highway, which could be around 128 kms from Shamirpet ORR entry point.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th January 2013 at 11:56.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 12:26   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
The answer is "No". However, if you wish to do it anti-clockwise from Shamirpet to Vijayawada highway which is nearly 270 degrees, it is open.

True and absolutely correct.

Thanks guys. So will go via the inner ring road route.
Dadi
Old 8th January 2013, 08:27   #1436
BHPian

Surprisingly there is no official info available even on the Hyd ORR website! Yes, did think I would take a shortcut to exit Secunderabad en-route to Vijayawada
Old 14th January 2013, 09:10   #1437
BHPian

On my way back from Thiruvananthapuram the other day, a few kilometres before Shamshabad, I noticed a board which showed a U turn symbol and read Pedda Golconda 1.5 km Nehru outer ring road 1.5 km. This was before the undivided stretch starts near Shamshabad. Has anyone else noticed this and taken this? Is this an alternate route to enter ORR from Bangalore highway? Pedda Golconda exit is between Bangalore highway and Vijayawada highway on the ORR. But from Google Maps I don't see any route which is 1.5 km.
Old 14th January 2013, 21:04   #1438
BHPian

Hi ppl,

Anyone aware of GPS device vendors around in Hyderabad??
Most ppl on 'The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread' seem to be ordering online (also appears more reasonable on pricing). However I need it in next two days or three, besides wanted to check out a couple of options hands-on before ordering.
Old 14th January 2013, 21:49   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hi ppl,

Anyone aware of GPS device vendors around in Hyderabad??
Most ppl on 'The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread' seem to be ordering online (also appears more reasonable on pricing). However I need it in next two days or three, besides wanted to check out a couple of options hands-on before ordering.
If you have a smartphone(iphone,windows etc)the easiest way would be to order Map My India 's sygic maps.Excellent one.I have been using it for the last 3years without a problem.use a windshield mount to hold the phone.As for the GPs receivers in the market,opt for the MMI ones as they are the best in terms on maps.As for the receivers all of them are the usual Chinese made receivers made of cheap plastic.Would cost you around 10k upwards.You can buy them off the shelf at reliance autozone,reliance digital,or any of the outlets on Minister road
Old 15th January 2013, 01:03   #1440
BHPian

Thanks for the pointers .. Ranjit!!

I don't have a phone with GPS receivers, on the other hand folks on GPS thread seem to suggest GPS usage tends to drain phone batteries faster, hence I decided to go with a separate device.

I have earlier used a Garmin (I think 13xx) of a friend of mine, and I liked it for simplicity in display/use while MMI looks a little cumbersome in pictures, however cost and feature wise MMI seems most reasonable. That's why wanted to check some of MMIs and TomTom as well.

Most Viewed