Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 09:36   #1456
PVS
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Today morning on my commute to the office, noticed that the cops have barricaded the road towards Lakdikapul from Saifabad side. Went down all the way to the DIG office and headed towards Lakdikapul. The new bridge in Lakdikapul is now open, and traffic towards Masab tank is now using the new bridge, while the old one is for Khairatabad. They have put up boards near Lakdikapul bus stand itself, so there's a bit of congestion there as the Masab Tank & Khairatabad bound motorists struggleto get on to the correct bridge.
Overall the traffic situation seems to have improved a bit at Lakdikapul.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:13   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
The new bridge in Lakdikapul is now open, and traffic towards Masab tank is now using the new bridge, while the old one is for Khairatabad. They have put up boards near Lakdikapul bus stand itself, so there's a bit of congestion there as the Masab Tank & Khairatabad bound motorists struggleto get on to the correct bridge.
I failed to notice this sign and went towards the old bridge even though i had to go towards masab tank and was shocked to see the road leads towards Khairtabad with dividers cutting off completely and no chance to proceed towards masab tank

I drove a full circle and came back to saifabad and took a turn again from Ravindera Bharati to come back again to Lakdi ka pul and take the new bridge towards Masab tank

Heavy traffic and this simple mistake of mine costed me 30 minutes in the morning
Old 11th February 2013, 12:16   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I failed to notice this sign and went towards the old bridge even though i had to go towards masab tank and was shocked to see the road leads towards Khairtabad with dividers cutting off completely and no chance to proceed towards masab tank

I drove a full circle and came back to saifabad and took a turn again from Ravindera Bharati to come back again to Lakdi ka pul and take the new bridge towards Masab tank

Heavy traffic and this simple mistake of mine costed me 30 minutes in the morning
The Hyd Traffic Police have posted an update on Facebook about the new traffic regulations in that area. Looks like things will smoothen out soon.
Old 11th February 2013, 12:18   #1459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You could have proceeded a little ahead and taken the Chintal Basti road that would have brought you to Banjara Hills Road #1.

Not the best of roads but it usually has moving traffic. Congestion around the market area but I have never been stuck in it for more than 3-5 minutes.
Old 11th February 2013, 13:02   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Today morning on my commute to the office, ....
Overall the traffic situation seems to have improved a bit at Lakdikapul.
Quote:
I nearly took the other road that leads to Khairatabad but realized it at the last moment and took that bridge. Glad I saw that board else I would have wasted lot of time driving a full circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The Hyd Traffic Police have posted an update on Facebook about the new traffic regulations in that area. Looks like things will smoothen out soon.
Great to see Hyd Traffic Police posting regular updates on the traffic conditions in the city. Hmm.. I should login to facebook more often
Old 11th February 2013, 13:20   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though I have FB on my phone and HTP is also a page that I check once in a while but, never when iam stepping out. Should make that a habit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
You could have proceeded a little ahead and taken the Chintal Basti road that would have brought you to Banjara Hills Road #1.
That's your favorite road. Ain't it?

That road struck me but, i was not sure what would be traffic situation on Rd. No. 1 so decided the "full circle" a better and faster route but, it was also heavily congested
Old 11th February 2013, 16:14   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
The Hyd Traffic Police have posted an update on Facebook about the new traffic regulations in that area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
Great to see Hyd Traffic Police posting regular updates on the traffic conditions in the city. Hmm.. I should login to facebook more often
Quote:
Though I have FB on my phone and HTP is also a page that I check once in a while but, never when iam stepping out. Should make that a habit.
How many people out of the 1.2 crores population of Hyderabad use FB?

What about out station people passing through or visiting Hyderabad?

It was grossly wrong of HTP to implement traffic control measures without proper signages and also making public aware.

I was fully aware that Lakdi-Ka-Pul will be clogged today so went to AC Guards via Road No.1, Vijaynagar using back alleys and later from AC Guards to Secunderabad via Ek Minar Masjid, Police Control Room, Tank Bund thus spraring myself the nightmares of sitting in jams.

Note : Right turn at Hockey Stadium for traffic from Begumpet to Minister Road was open at lunch time today. GadgetFreak and other using this stretch regularly need to update the rest of us whether today was a one-off thing or the junction is open for right turn?
Old 11th February 2013, 16:29   #1463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Note : Right turn at Hockey Stadium for traffic from Begumpet to Minister Road was open at lunch time today. GadgetFreak and other using this stretch regularly need to update the rest of us whether today was a one-off thing or the junction is open for right turn?
I used that road a couple of times last week and each time it was open in the afternoon.

Apparently, its closed for right turn only during peak hours in morning and evening. Rest of the day its open
Old 11th February 2013, 18:29   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Last night I took the Puskpak bus from RGIA to Somajiguda. I was shocked that even at 2230 hours, the Masab Tank flyover was jammed.

Luckily, the bus driver could reverse the bus a few feet and go below the flyover, where traffic was smooth. I guess some vehicle must have broken down.

Another pleasant surprise was that the driver stops the bus on request. He dropped me off in front of Yashoda Hospital, helping me in avoiding the agony of reversing tracks all the way from Paryatak Bhavan.
Old 11th February 2013, 19:25   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
I was fully aware that Lakdi-Ka-Pul will be clogged today
Lakdi Ka Pul is surprisingly free flow at the moment. No jams when approaching it from Masab Tank, no jams at Ravindra Bharti Signal. Looks like traffic flow is becoming smoother as public is becoming aware of the new restrictions.

Traffic flow to Secunderabad from Jubilee Hills side is bottlenecked at Shoppers Stop to an extent that traffic is stuck just after Hyderabad Central itself till Shoppers Stop and due to this jam, also from the temple at Ameerpet right upto Greenlands Junction and also to a little extent on Raj Bhawan Road (which was just now cleared due to VIP movement). Sad that the jams had to happen today when I was planning to get a takeaway from KDM for my dinner.
Old 12th February 2013, 13:40   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Traffic flow to Secunderabad from Jubilee Hills side is bottlenecked at Shoppers Stop to an extent that traffic is stuck just after Hyderabad Central --------------.
According to the papers, this jam was caused by the shifting of water pipelines at Kochar Buildings. They also mentioned something called a spill-over effect. Does anyone know what they mean by that?

I wonder how many pipelines run under that place as this is the 3rd or 4th time that our great HMWS&SB has said this. However wide the road is going to become because of the opening up of this bottleneck, everyone will come to a dead stop at the Aladdin Mansion bottleneck. Wonder if GHMC has any solution for that.
Old 12th February 2013, 14:17   #1467
BHPian

Wish the traffic guys would put proper signs at lakdi ka pul new bridge to guide traffic.
Old 12th February 2013, 16:23   #1468
Distinguished - BHPian

Update received from an owner of an auto accessories store at Minister road :-

Right turn to Minister road from the Begumpet road is open from 12pm or 1pm onwards till the whole night.

The right turn is cordened off only from morning till above said timing.
Old 16th February 2013, 11:13   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Oasis Centre (the building which houses Spar) at Begumpet has started charging for vehicle parking. For cars, it is 20/- for 3 hours.
Quote:
Yes, I paid 10/- for my scooter 3 days back. Henceforth I will only walk to Spar.

I also found almost 30% of the parking space empty on Sunday, when crowds are the most at that center. Looks like many free-loaders have stopped using that space after the fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
We too shelled out Rs 20/- on Saturday at Spar, and unlike quite a few other such supermarket parking lots these charges are not refunded/adjusted against your bill here. At least that should be the case if the idea is to forbid free-loaders.
Auchan (Spar) in Oasis Centre at Begumpet has made the parking charges refundable.

You pay 20/- at entry. After finishng your shopping at Auchan, get your parking ticket stamped by the billing counter / security guard while exiting Auchan and give the stamped ticket to the parking attendant at the exit gate of the parking lot to get back your 20/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The govt. says no commercial establishment is supposed to charge for parking for customers. However, almost every mall charges (some even charge exorbitantly) and go scot free.
I think either the rule has gone or it has been buried under bureaucracy.

One never knows what "RTI" / "PIL" can unearth.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 11:14   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Auchan (Spar) in Oasis Centre at Begumpet has made the parking charges refundable.

You pay 20/- at entry. After finishng your shopping at Auchan, get your parking ticket stamped by the billing counter / security guard while exiting Auchan and give the stamped ticket to the parking attendant at the exit gate of the parking lot to get back your 20/-.

Great news! Auchan, here I come!

Most Viewed