Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 15:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
About a month ago there were a few posts on the divider on the Begumpet flyover being shifted to widen one side.

That work is over but now, on that side of the flyover (going towards Punjagutta), there is an island divider that is about three or four car lengths long.

I first thought it was meant to separate the traffic intending to turn right to Greenlands (after descending from the flyover) from the traffic going straight to Punjagutta but that can't be it. It is too short and placed too early for this purpose. It seems a hazard to me - it is usually hidden from sight till you reach it because of the slope of the flyover and the traffic ahead and comes as a surprise to anyone who hasn't seen it before.

Does anyone know if there was any purpose for this or if something is going to be done on it? One of my colleagues believes the GHMC wants to put up a statue on it. At least that will act as a warning.

That divider is a killer. I almost rammed into it the other night while driving back from Begumpet. Because of the widening of the flyover, vehicles are bound to pick up pace while climbing the flyover and that divider suddenly comes out of nowhere. They should at least put some signboard there which stands tall and would make the vehicles divert well beforehand.

BTW, more woes in sight for people crossing the Cyber Towers junction because of the flyover construction. They have now closed the previous u-turn point (the one you would take while going from Kothaguda towards Madhapur) on the Kukatpally road and displaced that further down the road. And the new U-turn point is very narrow, has very uneven surface and is an absolute mess basically.
Old 14th May 2009, 10:59   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
BTW, more woes in sight for people crossing the Cyber Towers junction because of the flyover construction. They have now closed the previous u-turn point (the one you would take while going from Kothaguda towards Madhapur) on the Kukatpally road and displaced that further down the road. And the new U-turn point is very narrow, has very uneven surface and is an absolute mess basically.
yeah i know.i have stopped using that route to go home now ,what i do is take a u turn from kfc and take the back road (gur nihal) then take the u turn from cyber towers towards madhapur.

works faster rather than going all the way to that new u turn mentioned by you.
Old 4th June 2009, 12:28   #93
Team-BHP Support

Something very funny that happened yesterday on the Durgam Chevuru road.

I am driving away from Hi Tech city and get on to that broken stretch.
There is the sharp right turn.
A guy standing beside his Palio.
He is just standing there and very successfully blocking a large part of the road.

This is a narrow road and he is being a nuisance. But its possible there is something wrong.
So I roll my windows down as I cross and ask him if he has car trouble.
He replies puncture.

So I stop my car a little ahead on the left shoulder away from the road.
Maybe the poor chap does not know how to change a tire.
Anyway I carry a foot pump in my car.

As soon as I start walking towards him, he gets into his car and speeds off.

I have a healing walk. As soon as my feet touched the road. the tire inflated itself.
Somebody stop me.
Old 4th June 2009, 15:13   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
As soon as I start walking towards him, he gets into his car and speeds off.

I have a healing walk. As soon as my feet touched the road. the tire inflated itself.
Somebody stop me.
That was hilarious Imran. And, btw we were discussing the other day at the meet that you do have a nice subtle sense of humour which comes out quite well.

New Update : On the stretch of Himayathnagar main road until HDFC Bank, they are widening the divider, especially near the TTD office it gets too wide. It is creating a jam every single day. Thank god, i use the Gaganmahal road till this gets completed.
Old 4th June 2009, 15:38   #95
BHPian

Jaaago re!

If the CM visits your building.Then his security personnel decide that your car is not safe to be parked in your very own space. So they call a tow truck and move it 1km down the road for security reasons..Whatever happened to Sniffer Dogs!?! Alas you cant take a diversion/alternate route for this traffic problem cause your car's stationary

Ive got my twist to this incident, but my remarks are pending until the ordeal is dealt satisfactorily by the victim, lol.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 4th June 2009 at 15:39.
Old 4th June 2009, 16:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
If the CM visits your building.Then his security personnel decide that your car is not safe to be parked in your very own space. So they call a tow truck and move it 1km down the road for security reasons..Whatever happened to Sniffer Dogs!?! Alas you cant take a diversion/alternate route for this traffic problem cause your car's stationary

Ive got my twist to this incident, but my remarks are pending until the ordeal is dealt satisfactorily by the victim, lol.
The incident is being dealt appropriately by the victim.

Request you to post your twist in the concerned thread.

Cheers
Old 5th June 2009, 22:53   #97
Team-BHP Support

Tonight Banjara Hills Rd #1.

A broken pipeline on the Masab Tank end of the road resulted in a massive traffic pileup the whole day.
I did not realise the gravity of the situation in the morning.
Luckily returned via the Tolichowki road and hence faced no traffic issue.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-p1010193.jpg
Old 6th June 2009, 12:55   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Tonight Banjara Hills Rd #1.A broken pipeline on the Masab Tank end of the road resulted in a massive traffic pileup the whole day...........
So that was the reason - it took me 30 minutes last night to get from intersection of Road No.10 and Road No.1 (City Centre Mall corner) to Erramanzil.

Saw a lot of cars turning into Taj Deccan and thought maybe the jam was due to some function there.
Old 6th June 2009, 20:45   #99
Team-BHP Support

The underground water/ sewage lines collapsed.
The road filled up with water and vehicles could only proceed in one lane.

A couple of cops did try to help but it was a bad scene.

The issue is resolved as of now. But there is a big heap of mud on the center lane.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Few days back the durgam cheruvu road was in a very bad shape and I have stopped using it. Any updates on it now?
Also, the mindspace junction is closed which is a huge relief!

And nowadays, there is a cop near the junction which leads to Gur Nihal in Hi-Tec city. Wrong side driving has reduced because of this!
Old 30th June 2009, 12:32   #101
Team-BHP Support

There was some road work that blocked about half the road on the DC stretch.
Now it blocks about 30% of the road.

Yesterday did not encounter any issue in the evening. But would rather avoid this road for the time being. Actually forgot and went there.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday did not encounter any issue in the evening. But would rather avoid this road for the time being. Actually forgot and went there.
Me too---I plain forgot and went on that route while returning yesterday---but since it was before 6 pm, there were no issues. I got stuck for 30 mins on 2 days last week on that stretch. I mostly use the Whisper Valley route to and from work nowadays.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:57   #103
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday evening 7PM, DC road. No road blockage or traffic snarl.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:39   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening 7PM, DC road. No road blockage or traffic snarl.
No jam today morning at 1030 am too!
Old 6th July 2009, 21:43   #105
Senior - BHPian

Time to rejoice:
Auto guys in Hyderabad will be on strike on the 9th of July, 2009 protesting the Fuel price hikes!! (which means great roads and less headache)

I am looking forward to the day already! LOL!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks