Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 12:41   #136
Team-BHP Support

Anyone working in Mindspace.

If you happen to meet Mr JAGADEESH KUMAR P, who rides a HH Passion bearing reg no AP11AB1961.

Please PINCH HIM.

I caught him riding on the wrong side of the road.
Blocked him with my car for about 5 mins.
He believes that he is invincible. Luckily he is not married and hence has no children.
He also believes that an accident will never happen to him.
And that his old and slightly cracked helmet is more than enough protection.

I gave up trying. Maybe someone who does know him, will be able to explain that every day 2 riders die in Hyderabad. Ask him to follow my advice of reading the accidents page in DC.
Everyday atleast 1 or 2 fatalities are reported in the Hyderabad-Cyberabad area.

Also, while you are at it, tell him that he has outstanding challans.
Jumping signals and Triple riding are both very risky activities.

May God, give some sense to these idiots.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:47   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Anyone working in Mindspace.

If you happen to meet Mr JAGADEESH KUMAR P, who rides a HH Passion bearing reg no AP11AB1961.

Please PINCH HIM.

May God, give some sense to these idiots.
Imran, hope he has learnt something from you.

Of late I have noticed that while taking the right turn in front of Madhapur Police station while coming from Madhapur, there are always 3-4 bikers wearing corporate ID cards blocking the road. I gun my rocket straight towards them and make them move back to where they should have been!
Old 12th August 2009, 17:02   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Main Road Himayathnagar has become a cesspool due to the entire stretch getting a new fancy divider.

Adding to this woes the Telugu Talli Flyover is under repairs and i have to take a U-turn from Amrutha Castle to go to Lumbini park.

Offlate due to this flyover being closed, there is terrible traffic jams at Liberty Crossroads, Khairtabad Flyover on this route.

I tried the Hyderguda, Assembly, Lakdi-ka-Pul route today and that was even worse ( looks like all that traffic is getting diverted on this route)
Old 12th August 2009, 22:31   #139
BHPian

Road divider on East Marredpally main road

You will notice this divider when you are coming from Secunderabad, just before Chenoy Nursing home. Actually, you may not notice it because it is 6" high and 1 ft wide. That's precisely the problem. I am sure lot of persons not familiar with this divider have ended up damaging the underside of their cars, because every time I see this divider the front portion of it is more tapered than previous time. So, I think the unlucky guys drive their car on the divider for about 6-7 ft before they realize what is happening.

Till few years ago this divider was present for the entire length of East Marredpally main road, save for small gaps at busy junctions. But some time ago large portions of this divider were removed, except for 2 patches (~30 ft overall) before Chenoy Nursing Home. I think HUDA has just began placing the divider on the remainder of the road again. Today I have seen those conical concrete blocks arranged as road divider for some 30 ft after Chenoy Nursing Home junction. And, I take extra care to take notice of the divider on any road I travel on because of an incident 3 yeas ago. Any guesses ;-)

Last edited by nagvasireddy : 12th August 2009 at 22:34.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:19   #140
Senior - BHPian

Another fool on the road!

Had a small stint with this bloke on a Honda Activa on Road No. 45 J. Hills.
Our man was happily cruising at 45kmph on the middle of the road forcing me to overtake him from the left and suddenly he decides to cut to the left by increasing my speed!

What happened next has me fuming even now as I type this:

He comes next to me at the turning and says, "Why did you overtake me from the left?" "Will you be responsible if something happened to me?"

I reply, "You were on the right most lane at slow speeds and I did not have any choice but to overtake you from the left and you were blocking the right lane too".
"I will not be responsible for you, and BTW, why are you riding without wearing a helmet?"

To which he replies, "Don't teach me road rules" and speeds away.

I guess very soon this idiot will get a RIP sign which is very clear from his riding habits!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:25   #141
BHPian

And yet another, again helmetless

Found a colleague standing sadly next to his Indigo at office this morning with a couple of mechanics working on it.

Freak incident - he had been following a biker who had his helmet on the fuel tank. The helmet fell off and as it was rolling on the road my colleague drove over it. It scraped the underbody and when he stopped to check, found some oil/lubricant leaking. Luckily he wasn't too far from office then.

I heard from two or three Indigo owners that there was a common problem with the earlier cars. The pipe carrying the power steering liquid was almost certain to get damaged and start leaking if the underbody scraped a speedbreaker (or the road at the end of a slope). It would then start becoming more and more difficult to turn the wheel and after some time, almost impossible. Don't know if that problem is still common.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:04   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
You will notice this divider when you are coming from Secunderabad, just before Chenoy Nursing home. Actually, you may not notice it because it is 6" high and 1 ft wide. That's precisely the problem. I am sure lot of persons not familiar with this divider have ended up damaging the underside of their cars, because every time I see this divider the front portion of it is more tapered than previous time. So, I think the unlucky guys drive their car on the divider for about 6-7 ft before they realize what is happening.
Nag, i happen to be one of that unfortunate driver who climbed on that divider. It was 31st, 2007 night and was going to my cousin's place in Yapral for a party and just before approaching that divider, another cousin who was sitting next to me said--Look, the church on the right has such beautiful lighting

I glanced at the church for more than a second and next i see the right front tyre climbed on the divider and within a split second i swerved the car to left and it came down the divider. Phew ! that was a close shave, got down and saw nothing happened to the car.

So coming from an first hand experienced person, i vouch that divider is dangerous
Old 15th August 2009, 00:50   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
Found a colleague standing sadly next to his Indigo at office this morning with a couple of mechanics working on it.

Freak incident - he had been following a biker who had his helmet on the fuel tank. The helmet fell off and as it was rolling on the road my colleague drove over it. It scraped the underbody and when he stopped to check, found some oil/lubricant leaking. Luckily he wasn't too far from office then.
If it was on the Dargah to Gachibowli road, I saw the Indigo and biker.
Old 15th August 2009, 13:59   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nag, i happen to be one of that unfortunate driver who climbed on that divider. It was 31st, 2007 night and was going to my cousin's place in Yapral for a party and just before approaching that divider, another cousin who was sitting next to me said--Look, the church on the right has such beautiful lighting

I glanced at the church for more than a second and next i see the right front tyre climbed on the divider and within a split second i swerved the car to left and it came down the divider. Phew ! that was a close shave, got down and saw nothing happened to the car.

So coming from an first hand experienced person, i vouch that divider is dangerous
Gosh, I used to visit a pal in East Marredpalle many times, behind Shenoy Nursing Home, but that was till 2005. Did not know that the divider has turned into a menace now.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:50   #145
Team-BHP Support

UPDATE
Banjara Hills Road #1, between the Masab Tank Flyover towards First Lancer(Balaji Supermarket) signals.
Half the road is blocked with some digging work going on.

Angry
I finally blew my top on an idiot old man and his driver in from of Cyber Gateway. These bikharis (beggers) were trying to save atmost 2 Rs of Diesel by going on the wrong side. A lot of angry words exchanged, but the low lives were not able to get on the wrong side.
A constable who tried to intervene also got an earful from me. As I was doing what he must have been doing in the first place. My only grouse, did not manage to note down the car number. But its a grey Indigo and the beggar looked like a banker from a bank that shares space with my office in Gateway. Actually opposite mine on the same floor. So the next time I see him, I might have a nice long post coming up.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:28   #146
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice the pillars of the Punjagutta Flyover last night?

Though it was looking cool, why do the authorities want to waste money on lighting up the pillars with colorful lights instead of lighting the roads?

Also, the cyber gateway road is almost single lane these days due to piles of sand in front of Deloitte and the huge barricades at all the entry points. All I can say is it's blatant encroachment of public road by Deloitte.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:37   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Did anyone notice the pillars of the Punjagutta Flyover last night?

Though it was looking cool, why do the authorities want to waste money on lighting up the pillars with colorful lights instead of lighting the roads?
I noticed the same.
But it sure looks very cool and nice.
They have done the same to the Masab Tank flyover and I love it.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:06   #148
Senior - BHPian

Another update:
A bunch of blokes wearing face masks and t-shirts were distributing some pamphlets on Swine Flu at the Madhapur Police Station signal.

Though it seems like a good gesture, I feel they were just trying to create panic by wearing masks!
Old 17th August 2009, 12:17   #149
Senior - BHPian

Nazim, yes I noticed the lights on the pillars of the Panjagutta flyover, and it looks cool.
I'm surprised that they are wearing masks---actually masks should be worn by those suffering from swine flu, and not others. It is a sheer waste of money for others----some company making masks is minting money.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:21   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
some company making masks is minting money.
Rs.25 worth masks being sold for Rs.500. I planning to quit my job and start a mask manafacturing unit.

Most Viewed