Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 13:06   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Yes, exactly. The RTA inspector takes a pencil scribble of the engine and chasis numbers on the application form.

In 2007, I had got my vehicle registered from there, but that was through an agent.
Thanks, can you please PM me that agent's number, and how much did he charge in total?

I remember paying Rs 425 at Khairatabad, which is the acutal fee payable.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:12   #287
Senior - BHPian

Not sure which direction is it closed?I travelled on this road to and fro a couple of weeks back on my way to the newly opened Inorbit to check out the Hypercity.There was a barricade and a few cops but was not stopped.Did not know that the road is officially closed.

Registration appln & fees payment can be done at Banjara Hills Eseva center on Road No7.Only this eseva counter accepts RTA related queries.The RTA office is near the GEM Maruti Service Center.I think its called Raghavendra colony-not sure on this
Old 21st October 2009, 21:19   #288
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I got my first challan a few days back for taking a wrong entry at the Abids Circle. I got the challan letter today and it slightly confused me. Thought of checking with you folks who have been there-done that

It mentions the compounding amount (Rs.100+service charge) to be deposited at an e-Seva Center, which I'll do. But the letter starts with mentioning that as the owner of the vehicle, I need to provide the info of the name, address and driving license no. of the person driving the vehicle at that time, within 15 days from the receipt of this notice. Failure to furnish this info is an offence...blah blah.

Apart from paying the challaned amount, where do I submit this information?

Last edited by NK@Hyd : 21st October 2009 at 21:21.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:24   #289
Team-BHP Support

Durgam Chevuru road is now drivable.

You will need to be under 15 kmph but you can drive on it.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:23   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Hi Guys,

I got my first challan a few days back for taking a wrong entry at the Abids Circle. I got the challan letter today and it slightly confused me. Thought of checking with you folks who have been there-done that

It mentions the compounding amount (Rs.100+service charge) to be deposited at an e-Seva Center, which I'll do. But the letter starts with mentioning that as the owner of the vehicle, I need to provide the info of the name, address and driving license no. of the person driving the vehicle at that time, within 15 days from the receipt of this notice. Failure to furnish this info is an offence...blah blah.

I got challans in the past (even for vehicles which i sold 2 years ago) but never received the notice for furnishing details of the driver... now that is something new
Old 21st October 2009, 22:31   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Did they open the roads today? i tried taking that road following some cabs but had to take a U turn as it was closed.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:04   #292
Team-BHP Support

I took the road last night.
I was on my bike but a couple of cars were on the road at the same time.
They crossed without any issues.

I will be driving back home on this road today evening.
Since I have some shopping to do at HyderCity.
Will update again later tonight.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:14   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was elated by this news. But i just peeped out of my window for 5 minutes and hardly spotted any traffic on it. But I did see a 800 and a Zen slowly taking the right turn towards Nectar Gardens, and also saw an Ikon inching the other way.
I will give it a try this evening and update you guys. I hope the road from Nectar Gardens is ok---esp the stretch near that car repair workshop.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:02   #294
BHPian

Quote:
But the letter starts with mentioning that as the owner of the vehicle, I need to provide the info of the name, address and driving license no. of the person driving the vehicle at that time, within 15 days from the receipt of this notice. Failure to furnish this info is an offence...blah blah.
Just send someone or go personally to any e-Seva counter and pay the Rs. 135/- in cash. Ensure to take an official receipt. Keep the letter and receipt safely for records. No other information is required. Case closed ...
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:07   #295
Team-BHP Support

http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Check out any outstanding chalans and it mentions you can pay it online.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:12   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I received a couple of challans last year for traffic violation few months prior to that, one when i was on my bike and another for talking on cellphone. Since i knew they would not have any evidence ( picture etc.)

I chose to ignore those challans and its over a year now and my file must have got buried in their dusty cupboards.

Would you like to choose my path?
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:52   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Just send someone or go personally to any e-Seva counter and pay the Rs. 135/- in cash. Ensure to take an official receipt. Keep the letter and receipt safely for records. No other information is required. Case closed ...
Thanks Buddy, will pay it today. But I still don't know what they meant by providing name, address, license information...Will check with the E-Seva guys too.

Quote:
http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Check out any outstanding chalans and it mentions you can pay it online.
That's strange. That same site yesterday showed the challan issued for my car's regd. number but today, its all clear! Sarkari site

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I received a couple of challans last year for traffic violation few months prior to that, one when i was on my bike and another for talking on cellphone. Since i knew they would not have any evidence ( picture etc.)

I chose to ignore those challans and its over a year now and my file must have got buried in their dusty cupboards.

Would you like to choose my path?
I think I'll take the beaten path. They took a snap of the car at that moment, so they have the evidence.

Thanks guys!
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:01   #298
Senior - BHPian

I followed Avi's footsteps after posting similar stuff on this forum a year and half ago---my challan was for a date 6 months prior!

I was stopped by cops opp YSR's camp office this year during elections. I told them I had all the docs. They said 'please wait, we are scanning our database to see if there are any pending challans'. After a couple of minutes they said 'all clear, sir, please go'.

Speaks volumes about their record keeping, eh?

BTW, I went to the RTA office to laminate my DL yesterday, and saw that they've started issuing DLs with a chip embedded---about the size of a sim card. On inquiry, I was told that it would help the cops track past offences. Not bad, eh? I guess I am lucky I missed it by a few days---I renewed my DL only a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd October 2009 at 17:02.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:07   #299
Team-BHP Support

Durgam Chevuru

Back to being Motorcycle cross country challenge.

Very sorry to bring you the bad news.
I drove down this road last night.
Today morning took it again but on my bike.
Its back to being a mud mountain course.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:13   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

I fail to understand why we all give so much importance to Durgam Cheruvu. If i am not wrong half the posts are related to this god forsaken route.

Are we so hell bent on saving a few bucks that we cannot take a few extra kms detour and embrace some peace of mind?

I dont mean offense to anyone but, this has been playing on my mind for some time now

Most Viewed