Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 00:00   #316
BHPian

I took this alternative route this evening.

There are a couple of speedbreakers on Road No.14. However I felt there was less traffic on this stretch. Can't be sure of that though as have been on it only once.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:39   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
I took this alternative route this evening.

There are a couple of speedbreakers on Road No.14. However I felt there was less traffic on this stretch. Can't be sure of that though as have been on it only once.
If i go to Kondapur ( which is 1-2 times a week) i take this route like i did this morning. If i got to gachibowli ( 3-4 times a week) i take the Rd.10 and whisper valley route.

I agree traffic is much lesser on Rd.No.14 but lanes are very narrow and there are quite some steep turns and about 5 speed breakers on this stretch until it comes out in front of GVK ONE Mall.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:56   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
.........I agree traffic is much lesser on Rd.No.14 but lanes are very narrow and there are quite some steep turns and about 5 speed breakers on this stretch until it comes out in front of GVK ONE Mall.
You may be right. However I think Pulsar was referring to a slightly different route.

His route (going from Jubilee Hills to City Centre Mall) follows Road No.14 for about half a kilometre (two mild speedbreakers), then turns off (just after the Hyundai service centre) and finally meets Road No.10 at the Zahira Nagar junction. That helps avoid the five or six new speedbreakers that have come up.

It is a good option while going from JH to City Centre Mall. But a long route in the opposite direction since after reaching KBR Park, one will have to make a left turn, go to Cancer Hospital and then take a right turn or come back around the circle there.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:01   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
You may be right. However I think Pulsar was referring to a slightly different route.

His route (going from Jubilee Hills to City Centre Mall) follows Road No.14 for about half a kilometre (two mild speedbreakers), then turns off (just after the Hyundai service centre) and finally meets Road No.10 at the Zahira Nagar junction. That helps avoid the five or six new speedbreakers that have come up.

It is a good option while going from JH to City Centre Mall. But a long route in the opposite direction since after reaching KBR Park, one will have to make a left turn, go to Cancer Hospital and then take a right turn or come back around the circle there.
yes, you take a right turn after Hyundai A.S.S that meets Rd.No.10 but, i dont use that road as the other one is simply straight forward and much faster.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:15   #320
Senior - BHPian

Nazim's intention was to indicate an alternative route in the other direction---from Rd # 10 to Cancer Hospital, and not the other way round as inferred by straightdrive.

Anyways, I took those 6 speed-breakers late last night and this evening---they are not as big as the other 2 on the same road when they were made 2 years ago. I'd still take this route, although I cannot zip any longer in front of the Income Tax colony. As Avi said, Rd # 14 is too narrow and a bit crowded near Kuna's Guest House.

BTW, the Durgam Cheruvu road was open for traffic today, but they closed it down at 7 pm in the evening to facilitate some left over works. The cops say it will be open tomorrow morning.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:33   #321
Senior - BHPian

I was coming from Minister Road side and was climbing the Begumpet Airport Flyover when a biker with a pillion coming from the opposite side wante dto come onto the wrong side. I had a car to my left and hence intentionally blocked his way stopping just about a few cms from his front wheel. Thankfully no one was hurt was the biker had the audacity to stare subsequent to which we exchanged a few hot ones. Passerbys thankfully abused the biker and asked me to move.

I felt that moment that I should have banged his bike and called the cops as it was he who was at fault. When will these morons learn that life is more precious than saving a few secs and mls of Petrol. No wonder AP has one of teh highest accident rates in the country
Old 28th October 2009, 13:11   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I was coming from Minister Road side and was climbing the Begumpet Airport Flyover when a biker with a pillion coming from the opposite side wante dto come onto the wrong side. I had a car to my left and hence intentionally blocked his way stopping just about a few cms from his front wheel. Thankfully no one was hurt was the biker had the audacity to stare subsequent to which we exchanged a few hot ones. Passerbys thankfully abused the biker and asked me to move.

I felt that moment that I should have banged his bike and called the cops as it was he who was at fault. When will these morons learn that life is more precious than saving a few secs and mls of Petrol. No wonder AP has one of teh highest accident rates in the country
What you did, i do it regularly on Flyovers, i make sure to block these bikers who come from the wrong side deliberately for overtaking and i glare at them and mouth some flowery hyderabadi abuses which will pierce the strongest of ears.

I just ensure that my speed is very slow so as to avert a mishap. And, most of these guilty bikers dont look you in the eye as they say " Guilty are ashamed"
Old 28th October 2009, 17:46   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
What you did, i do it regularly on Flyovers, i make sure to block these bikers who come from the wrong side deliberately for overtaking and i glare at them and mouth some flowery hyderabadi abuses which will pierce the strongest of ears.

I just ensure that my speed is very slow so as to avert a mishap. And, most of these guilty bikers dont look you in the eye as they say " Guilty are ashamed"
That's the spirit guys! Bikers are the biggest menace in Hyd, followed by auto rickshaws.
Another thing I do is to make life tough for bikers in the opposite direction, daring to overtake a car on a narrow road, even though they've spotted you. I generally swerve towards the opp direction car, and like the look on their faces when they realize that I'm not a timid guy who'll brake to allow them to complete their manoeuvre.
Old 28th October 2009, 18:47   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That's the spirit guys! Bikers are the biggest menace in Hyd, followed by auto rickshaws.
Another thing I do is to make life tough for bikers in the opposite direction, daring to overtake a car on a narrow road, even though they've spotted you. I generally swerve towards the opp direction car, and like the look on their faces when they realize that I'm not a timid guy who'll brake to allow them to complete their manoeuvre.
Driving a Bolero in these kind of situations does help as a Bolero is percieved as a hard core rugged vehicle.

Just a few days back I banged a Maruti Van when he barged into my path while I had my green signal. Result, his bumper came off and my bumper had a very small dent, not even a paint chip.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:29   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Yes abhi,

I regularly follow this in the narrow road between Cybertowers - Ratnadeep Super market ( road behind my home hub). No matter what happens I always go in my lane ( of course with acceptable speed) and most of the time bikers/autos will slow down and abort overtaking on seeing my vehicle coming right opposite to them. Why dont they follow their lane and contribute to a smooth traffic flow? Once I nearly missed a hit to an auto. Finally the auto had to hide behind a car to make his way out of my lane .

Thanks,
Srini
Old 29th October 2009, 13:37   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driving a Bolero in these kind of situations does help as a Bolero is percieved as a hard core rugged vehicle.
very true if i am ever pissed of at an auto guy for trying to squueze into my lane while i am driving the jeep i intentionally speed up slightly and the auto immediately swerves in the other direction.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:03   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Driving a Bolero in these kind of situations does help as a Bolero is percieved as a hard core rugged vehicle........
I agree. Drove a friend's Scorpio in Bangalore recently a few times and there was a distinct increase in the "respect" I got from autos and bikes, compared to when I am driving my hatchback.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:04   #328
Team-BHP Support

I had pretty much the same experience when test driving a CJ500D for a friend.
This was an old jeep in excellent condition.

As we entered the main road, there was an Auto coming towards us.
The zig zaging guy saw us and immediately slowed to a crawl.
It helped that the Jeep was a little awkward and my friend was zig zagging a bit himself.

Still regret not having purchased it myself.
Just 50k to instill fear in auto's, bikers. In short everyone on the road.
Old 29th October 2009, 14:55   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Pleasant Update :

Road from Gachibowli- Mehdipatnam route until you take a left turn towards Whisper Valley has been really spruced up.

Otherwise, there used to be lots of ditches, potholes etc on this stretch even most of it is quite good has been properly patched up and this has now become 100% smooth.

I am happy
Old 29th October 2009, 15:17   #330
Senior - BHPian

good to know this Avi.

Now I hope they fix the road from Madhapur to Jubilee Hills ASAP, esp the stretch in front of Latitudes. I damages an alloy wheel on that wretched stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks