Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 15:23   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
good to know this Avi.

Now I hope they fix the road from Madhapur to Jubilee Hills ASAP, esp the stretch in front of Latitudes. I damages an alloy wheel on that wretched stretch.
The road in front of latitude has been repaired as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Pleasant Update :

Road from Gachibowli- Mehdipatnam route until you take a left turn towards Whisper Valley has been really spruced up.

Otherwise, there used to be lots of ditches, potholes etc on this stretch even most of it is quite good has been properly patched up and this has now become 100% smooth.

I am happy
Looks like R&B Dept is on a spree for fixing the roads. Most of the roads are being fixed for the pot holes. Remember GHMC polls are coming up. IIRC from the newspapers, the date for the polls have been set to 22nd Nov. Election times locally
Old 29th October 2009, 15:27   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
good to know this Avi.

Now I hope they fix the road from Madhapur to Jubilee Hills ASAP, esp the stretch in front of Latitudes. I damages an alloy wheel on that wretched stretch.
You damaged an alloy wheel? I use that same road everyday and my alloy wheel is still intact. Maruti, Shame on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
The road in front of latitude has been repaired as well.
When? Yesterday? I used that route on Tuesday evening after our lunch meet and it was as horrible as ever.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:31   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You damaged an alloy wheel? I use that same road everyday and my alloy wheel is still intact. Maruti, Shame on you

yes

A bilke next to me kicked up a loose stone onthe road and that drazed my right rear allow, leaving a 2 inch wide gash....:(
Old 29th October 2009, 15:43   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

When? Yesterday? I used that route on Tuesday evening after our lunch meet and it was as horrible as ever.
I guess, it must have been Tuesday night.

I used the road on the otherside yesterday on my way back home and saw the vehicles zipping. The turning near peddama temple was also done up with no pot holes.
Old 29th October 2009, 15:55   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I guess, it must have been Tuesday night.

I used the road on the otherside yesterday on my way back home and saw the vehicles zipping. The turning near peddama temple was also done up with no pot holes.
Damn! I had been enjoying raising storm on that stretch in the Bolero. Nevermind, one rain and its going to be back to same one
Old 29th October 2009, 15:59   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Damn! I had been enjoying raising storm on that stretch in the Bolero. Nevermind, one rain and its going to be back to same one
Ani, when your suspension goes for a toss. Don't cry then
Old 29th October 2009, 16:04   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ladakh was much worse. Plus nothing generally happens on leaf springs you see . And to top it all I have the power of " 2 Year/ 1,00,000 KM warranty" and I intend to use it fully .

I actually have a list of suspension breaking journeys that need to be completed before the warranty is over

P.S: Will show you some time the video of NGC style drive over Ladakhi Flat Lands chasing wild asses. This is just for starters

Last edited by MileCruncher : 29th October 2009 at 16:08.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:37   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
nothing is ever going to happen to leaf springs even if they bend they cost only 100 bucks to get back to shape. Irarely slow down for speed bumps when in the jeep. Slow or fast the ride is bone jarring. might as well go fast when i can.
Old 30th October 2009, 10:39   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
nothing is ever going to happen to leaf springs even if they bend they cost only 100 bucks to get back to shape. Irarely slow down for speed bumps when in the jeep. Slow or fast the ride is bone jarring. might as well go fast when i can.
Exactly my sentiments Karan.

Avi: There is a saying "This is a Jeep Thing; You won't Understand"
Old 30th October 2009, 14:23   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi: There is a saying "This is a Jeep Thing; You won't Understand"
Your right, Jeeps ain't my thing. I am used to fast machines
Old 31st October 2009, 20:40   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Not that this would be of any interest to majority of you Hitec city living folks.

Chaderghat bridge ( Which comes when you going towards Saidabad/Dilshukhnagar/NH9 etc) now has a median and traffic is flowing both sides.

Earlier it used to be a one-way !
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:14   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not that this would be of any interest to majority of you Hitec city living folks.

Chaderghat bridge ( Which comes when you going towards Saidabad/Dilshukhnagar/NH9 etc) now has a median and traffic is flowing both sides.

Earlier it used to be a one-way !
Well, is that good or bad? I remember earlier that one had to take another bridge nearby to go in the other direction.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:47   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, is that good or bad? I remember earlier that one had to take another bridge nearby to go in the other direction.
Now you ask it. It does not make too much of difference as the other route is just a few meters ahead. Maybe for some, it could but, not for me.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:56   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now you ask it. It does not make too much of difference as the other route is just a few meters ahead. Maybe for some, it could but, not for me.
Ahem...I've used that road 3 or 4 times in the past 7+ years, so it is not that much useful to me as an uodate on Durgam Cheruvu road would be!
Old 5th November 2009, 13:42   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ahem...I've used that road 3 or 4 times in the past 7+ years, so it is not that much useful to me as an uodate on Durgam Cheruvu road would be!
So we are back to Durgam Cheruvu? Btw, whats happening on this road? How many of you are having a problem due to it's unavailability. Shall we poll?

Btw, Rd.10 speedbreakers got a nice white paint lines on either side of the breakers. Now you can spot them from a distance and not come across them in a hurry and shake up your intestines

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks