Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 17:19   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Nazim. I think passing Nazim junction is the best option. And, i still have 175mm GC, so i can take the 6 humps head on
Pandey ji, how about the Gachibowli-Tolichowki-masab tank flyover-Ladki ka pul route. Does it not suits you to go to himayathnagar ?
Old 24th June 2010, 17:29   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Pandey ji, how about the Gachibowli-Tolichowki-masab tank flyover-Ladki ka pul route. Does it not suits you to go to himayathnagar ?
Unless Avi has made the Viva amphibious to wade through the rain water in Tolichowki & Mahdipatnam!
Plus, High BP due to moronic traffic is FREE, FREE, FREE!!

I still remember the night Anurag & I missed the haleem meet as we were stuck at Tolichowki due to water logging and Ram was was waiting for us for more than an hour!
Old 24th June 2010, 17:40   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Unless Avi has made the Viva amphibious to wade through the rain water in Tolichowki & Mahdipatnam!
Plus, High BP due to moronic traffic is FREE, FREE, FREE!!
hehe!! ok!!
Traffic is moronic, no doubt about it. But except for two bottlenecks near the circle and in front of fortune ford service centre, I find the route to be faster then going through banjara hills. I always take this route for returning, whenever I venture towards Hi-tech city or Kukatpally.
yeah!! but traffic on this route does gives some tense moments.I have not faced the waterlogging situation as yet but.
Old 24th June 2010, 22:04   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for that info bajaj saab. I use the road no 4 which comes out in front of GVK mall and turn right to reach the signal and towards khairtabad.

For me now its devil or deep sea.

Take a u-turn from N Circle OR get stuck in the traffic jam near the mosque ( where the road narrows) on Road No.3 while approaching N Circle.

Both are terrible options
How about this option :

Road No 2 to Unknown road - Google Maps
Old 24th June 2010, 22:27   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

Bajaj sahab, this was the alternative I suggested the day when those speed breakers came up for the first time and everyone said that this is not a good road, too long, etc!

P.S: The first speed breaker came up 1.5 KMs away from the accident spot and the place where that accident took place is still free from speed breakers!
Thank god, I shifted out from that area! LOL
Old 25th June 2010, 09:26   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
hehe!! ok!!
Traffic is moronic, no doubt about it. But except for two bottlenecks near the circle and in front of fortune ford service centre, I find the route to be faster then going through banjara hills. I always take this route for returning, whenever I venture towards Hi-tech city or Kukatpally.
yeah!! but traffic on this route does gives some tense moments.I have not faced the waterlogging situation as yet but.
My daily route is Rd.No 10 via Cancer Hospital--> Film Nagar--> Whisper Valley--> Gachibowli Road--> MS Campus

I go to my hitec city office once a week so was asking about the Rd.No 4/3 option.

I use mehdipatnam road only if i leave office at 5pm which is a bit rare.

Quote:
As i didnt want to risk the Rd.No 4 option, used Rd.no 3 yesterday evening at 6:30pm and it was pretty smooth. Traffic was there but moving continously and took a right at N Circle and crossed GVK and noticed vehicles are taking a right ( as against what you mentioned below) towards Khairtabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Thank god, I shifted out from that area! LOL
Now thats a new story. Cross your heart, dont tell me your happy staying in that village

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th June 2010 at 09:27.
Old 25th June 2010, 12:23   #502
BHPian

Is there an alternate route from kphb side towards cybertowers , i keep seeing a diversion route towards kondapur but i have never taken it , where does that lead to and end up at? as in the maps I actually donot see a road going anywhere that side
Old 25th June 2010, 12:49   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Is there an alternate route from kphb side towards cybertowers , i keep seeing a diversion route towards kondapur but i have never taken it , where does that lead to and end up at? as in the maps I actually donot see a road going anywhere that side
If you mean the left while coming from KPHB towars Cybertowers, it leads straight out to Pride Honda Showroom on way to Jubilee Hills.
Old 25th June 2010, 13:03   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess that's a new road which is coming up. Where exactly is this diversion?
Old 25th June 2010, 13:15   #505
BHPian

when i am coming from kukatpally , it comes after the railway station on the left with a handwritten board saying fastest way to kondapur? ( i might be wrong)
Old 25th June 2010, 13:26   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when i am coming from kukatpally , it comes after the railway station on the left with a handwritten board saying fastest way to kondapur? ( i might be wrong)
I don't think the sign reads Kondapur. (Taking left is opposite direction from Kondapur)

In this case, the road is the one which Avi was referring to in his post.
It's the fastest to Madhapur & Jubilee Hills.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:13   #507
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I know the right turn you are talking of (the board is on the left but states about a right turn) ... it is the one which also leads to Hyundai building ... it zig-zags like mad through a real-time village till you reach the road leading from Shilapramam to Hitex ... real waste of time and extra distance, progress is very slow because of the village and single road ... no point trying to escape the last of the traffic jam you must be facing every morning since you would have traversed more than 75 % of the jam anyway.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 25th June 2010 at 17:14.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:46   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess I know the right turn you are talking of (the board is on the left but states about a right turn) ... it is the one which also leads to Hyundai building ... it zig-zags like mad through a real-time village till you reach the road leading from Shilapramam to Hitex ... real waste of time and extra distance, progress is very slow because of the village and single road ... no point trying to escape the last of the traffic jam you must be facing every morning since you would have traversed more than 75 % of the jam anyway.
Can we make that as 90% please!

I never noticed that board on the left then... maybe because of the blinding high beams during nights or trying not to hit the autos and two-wheelers techies who squeeze in from all directions.

Taking a right onto that road itself is a nightmare during peak hours. The road looks inviting until the Hyundai building but as rightly said, it becomes a single road immediately and is not worth at all!
Old 25th June 2010, 21:44   #509
Team-BHP Support

I just reached Chennai and realized the difference in airport-home trip.

Masab Tank to Airport distance 25 kms, 45 minutes by air conditioned bus. Rs 175. Very comfortable trip.

Airport to Adyar (Chennai), Distance around 12 kms. Rs 220 in a rickety non ac Ambassador. 1 and a 1/2 hours of grueling traffic chaos.

Thanks to the PVNR expressway.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:52   #510
BHPian

thats the road guys , sorry it is the right one ,mornings are not the problem for me , the evenings are the problem , i will try it out sometime thanks for the input

Most Viewed