Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:32   #526
BHPian

Mahindra satyam folks are out with banners on common sense rules for safe driving on crossings around Hitech/Kondapur/Gachibowli - be careful - Had a dude shove a banner to drive his point for seat belts on my windscreen at MS crossing.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:54   #527
Team-BHP Support

What is up with this Motorcyle checking in progress?

Every main road has a bunch of cops, who want to verify the papers. Everyone is fair target. Wearing a helmet is no guarantee that you will not be stopped.

I have been stopped just once. The cop wanted to see my license, registration and PUC. Wanted to see my insurance, but I was feeling bored and told him that is not req as per law. he bought it and let me go.

But why are these cops not manning traffic signals and enforcing the traffic rules.
I guess there is no money in it compared to stopping and checking papers.

Yesterday morning I was stuck behind an idiot on a motorbike. Riding without helmet and using a mobile phone. I pull up close to him and remind him that 2 motorcyclists die in Hyderabad everyday. He smiles and say, "I Know, I wrote about it". I ask and he confirms that he is a journalist. The idiot does not follow what he himself reported.
Old 2nd July 2010, 13:20   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Mahindra satyam folks are out with banners on common sense rules for safe driving on crossings around Hitech/Kondapur/Gachibowli - be careful - Had a dude shove a banner to drive his point for seat belts on my windscreen at MS crossing.
We got an internal email about that. I thought they were joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What is up with this Motorcyle checking in progress?
Motorcycle check is becoming a menace in city. Huge traffic jams because of that. I experienced one this week when they were stopping 2-wheelers at the turning towards Cancer Hospital in Jubilee Hills. Imagine a huge bunch of cops standing and challaning bikers at that crossroads at peak time ( around 6:30pm) and creating jams.

When will our cops understand that catching chain snatchers is not so easy
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:04   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There was massive water logging on Raj Bhavan Road and in Somajiguda in front of Tanishq. I had a great time wading thru knee deep water. The Bolero as usual performed awesome.

P.S: I saw a 7 Series stalled with water floating inside the cabin as well. He is going to get a huuuuuuuuuuuuge bill.
I guess the deepest water-logging point is opposite Hub restaurant, near Tanishq. Last year, I'd walked down to Hub to collect some food, and in the 15 minutes I was there, it started raining cats and dogs.

So I rang up my son and asked him to pick me up in the car. But when I stepped out, I found knee-deep water outside. An brave Indicab drove past me and ended up floating, causing cops to stop all vehicles from venturing into the pool. I was worried that my son would take a U Turn and scr*w up the car, so I had no option but to wade through the water to the other side near HomeTown and stop him in his tracks.
Old 2nd July 2010, 17:28   #530
Team-BHP Support

Bandh on July 5.

Opposition Bharat Bandh on July 5 | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-06-30

Take care guys, too many idiots with stones in their hands and nothing inside their skulls.

No holiday declared in my company. So looking forward to less traffic.
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:18   #531
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update, Imran. I am gonna work from home that day, and if things are reported to be cool, may go out for a nice drive in the afternoon.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:01   #532
Team-BHP Support

Had a relaxed drive into office.
Masab Tank to Madhapur via Rd #12.

Hooliganism on Banjara Hills Road Number 12.
Sunday evening around 7:30 PM. I am driving down this road from the KBR Park side. I notice a very erratic scooter with two idiots on it. The are pestering a couple on a motorcycle. Driving very close, cutting them off and so on. I am not gonna be a mute witness. I pull up close to the scooter and ask, "Marne ka irrada jai kya" (Do you wish to die)
As anticipated they are distracted and the motorcyclist rides away. Now they turn their ire on me.
So they start shouting, "Arre maar na" (Come and hit us). They are pulling all sorts of stunts in front of my car. I am maintaining at least 10 feet distance between them and my car. Since there is no limit on how slow a car can move. They finally tire of this game and stop the scooter in the middle of the road. There is still about 10+ feet between us. I am waiting for them to move as traffic is piling up behind. Right behind me are two small trucks and a bus as well. Now everyone is a witness to these punks antics and they are all shouting at eachother.

Punk 1 comes to me and starts to talk. I tell him maybe with the greatest rider in the world, but what if someone who is new to driving panics and hits their scooter. He says Nothing will happens, I tell him he will break something. I also realize that either he is very drunk or high. The smell of pan parag is overpowering. Its definitely being used to mask something.

With the growing jam and me not yet shouting or even appearing bothered with it, he asks me to get to the side, so we can talk. I think yeah right.

Then since my primary task, getting the motorcycle couple out is already accomplished, I have no more reason to stay there. I tell fine, let me park. Turn a little left and then stamp on the accelerator. I am gone before they know it. As with the traffic jam behind me, the road in front was totally clear. Reached the Signal and told the cops there. Asked them to send a Jeep if it comes by.

Guys on motorbikes, take special care on unknown roads.
I was very lucky, this was Road number 12 and I know it like the back of my palm.

Last edited by bblost : 5th July 2010 at 17:06.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:03   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the update, Imran. I am gonna work from home that day, and if things are reported to be cool, may go out for a nice drive in the afternoon.
+1. Welcome to the club
Old 5th July 2010, 17:37   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1. Welcome to the club
Well, I've been a regular member of that club! I've worked 18 days from home this year, starting from April, after my return from DC to DC. Helps the wallet, and also in getting 40 winks post lunch.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:42   #535
Senior - BHPian

Uncles & grand Uncles work from home.
Rest of us enjoy the free roads during the bandhs.
(don't kill me on 7th, Please!)

BTW, full attendance at work today. Noone has taken leave at my office due to the bandh.
Never knew JNTU junction was so big!
Old 5th July 2010, 17:53   #536
Senior - BHPian

CM is inaugurating the Jersey Milk Office on Raj Bhavan Road and hence there is a massive traffic pile - up. Please avoid while coming from Khairtabad Junction.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:11   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Hooliganism on Banjara Hills Road Number 12..........Then since my primary task, getting the motorcycle couple out is already accomplished, I have no more reason to stay there.........Reached the Signal and told the cops there. Asked them to send a Jeep if it comes by......
Good that you took the trouble to help, bblost.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:30   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
CM is inaugurating the Jersey Milk Office on Raj Bhavan Road and hence there is a massive traffic pile - up. Please avoid while coming from Khairtabad Junction.
Where on earth is that----I did not spot anything new during my evening walk.
Old 11th July 2010, 22:28   #539
Team-BHP Support

Avoid Banjara Hills Road Number 12 and its intersection with KBR Park on July 13.

Quote:
The replica of the world famous Puri Jagannath Temple is constructed in Hyderabad and inaugurated and consecrated in 2009. The idols of divine trio in Puri – Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Subhadra are installed in the temple. The Hyderabad Kalinga Cultural Trust has worked for several years to build the replica of the Puri temple in the heart of the city, Banjara Hills. Jagannath Ratha Yatra is the most celebrated festival in the temple. In 2010, Hyderabad Jagannath Ratha Yatra date is July 13.
The architecture of Hyderabad Jagannath Temple is very much similar to Puri temple. The idols are made of Margosa wood. The temple interiors are adorned with the concept of Ratha Yatra. Here is the address and contact number of Hyderabad Jagannath temple:
Jagannath Temple, Kalinga Cultural Trust & Cultural Centre, Plot number 1269, Road # 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 34. Phone number – 040 2330 3889.
Jagannath Temple in Hyderabad ? Puri Jagannath Mandir :: HinduPAD - Every thing about Hinduism
Old 11th July 2010, 22:34   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Avoid Banjara Hills Road Number 12 and its intersection with KBR Park on July 13.

Jagannath Temple in Hyderabad ? Puri Jagannath Mandir :: HinduPAD - Every thing about Hinduism
Thanks for the pointer. I guess if one passes that area before 9 am, it should be ok.

BTW, 'Orissa Island' is the name of that intersection.

Most Viewed