Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 22:47   #736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yesterday, on my way back from office, I noticed that the road from VW Jn to Appolo Hosptial/ Film Nagar Jn was closed for repair, and all vehicles were diverted to the other lane and made to go in the wrong direction.
While this move is welcome, there are many other roads in the city which are in even worse condition and are in need urgent repair because of the safety and congestion issues they pose.

Apologies for the skepticism, but this just shows once again that the common man counts for nothing in the scheme of things in our great city.

Regards,
spadix
Old 10th October 2010, 13:07   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
While this move is welcome, there are many other roads in the city which are in even worse condition and are in need urgent repair because of the safety and congestion issues they pose.

Apologies for the skepticism, but this just shows once again that the common man counts for nothing in the scheme of things in our great city.

Regards,
spadix
+1 to your views. I've noticed a tendency in most cities in India to pamper the downtown areas and ignore the outskirts.

When I was on the lookout for an apartment 5 years ago, I was inclined towards flats in Whitefield area and Madhapur, for obvious reasons of proximity to the IT zone. But feedback from people living there revealed lots of issues like lack of proper sewage, hardness of water, non-existence of municipal water, etc. Of course, traffic and roads were not an issue then.

I'm glad I got one in the centre of the city, and regular visits by VIPs ensures the roads in this area are decent, if not great. Even the best eating joints are in the centre of the city. The only negative is the 15 kms drive to work, but I'm lucky most of the route has good roads.

Sorry for going OT
Old 10th October 2010, 16:34   #738
BHPian

Quote:
When I was on the lookout for an apartment 5 years ago, I was inclined towards flats in Whitefield area and Madhapur, for obvious reasons of proximity to the IT zone.

I'm glad I got one in the centre of the city

Sorry for going OT
Continuing the OT started by Venu Sir ...

Whitefield/Madhapur in 2010 is what Punjagutta was in 1995 ... Punjagutta in 2010 is what Himayatnagar/Abids was in 1995 ...

I came to Hyderabad in 1987 and stayed on Road No. 4 in Banjara Hills - needed to walk downhill 2.5 kilometres upto Punjagutta before I could find and catch an auto.

Now the thing is to identify which area in 2025 will be like Whitefield/Madhapur of 2010 ... since in 2025, Whitefield/Madhapur will be like Punjagutta of 2010 ...
Old 11th October 2010, 13:06   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Whitefield/Madhapur in 2010 is what Punjagutta was in 1995 ... Punjagutta in 2010 is what Himayatnagar/Abids was in 1995 ...

I came to Hyderabad in 1987 and stayed on Road No. 4 in Banjara Hills - needed to walk downhill 2.5 kilometres upto Punjagutta before I could find and catch an auto.
It's somewhat like this: Old City -> Malakpet -> Chikkadpally -> Marredpally (including Mahindra Hills) -> [BJ] Hills -> [Konda|Madha]pur/Gachibowli -> ?

(Of course, with little excursions thrown in to areas like Dilsukhnagar, Kukatpally and other peripheral areas.)

Almost full circle back to Old City.

Abids, Himayatnagar, Basheerbagh, Padmaraonagar, Paradise etc. are like the evergreen areas.

Thankfully my neck of the woods (Trimulgherry) is seeing a more manageable growth rather than the steep rise + rapid downfall that some other areas are seeing.

And you've correctly identified the 15-20 year cycle.

I remember this area around the turn of the century. My school was in J. Hills and I used to intern at IIIT in the summer of 2000. Life was very peaceful back then . The drive from LVPEI to J. Hills checkpost was actually enjoyable (no divider for a very long time) and the "back-side" route around KBR Park was rugged and pristine, without all of the landscape and concrete jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Now the thing is to identify which area in 2025 will be like Whitefield/Madhapur of 2010 ... since in 2025, Whitefield/Madhapur will be like Punjagutta of 2010 ...
There should be some more clarity post-December, but identify this correctly and you, Sir, would've cracked the code that millions are breaking their heads trying to. That'll make you the new king .

Sorry, couldn't contain myself from furthering the OT-ness.

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th October 2010, 14:06   #740
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Any updates on the below:-
  1. Road between VW Jn and Film Nagar Jn---has the work got completed? Today's TOI has a pic of a crater on that road.
  2. Our beloved DC Road----is it operational now?
I need to chalk out my route to office at VBIT Park tomorrow based on the info I get.

Thanks
Old 11th October 2010, 15:37   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Road between VW Jn and Film Nagar Jn---has the work got completed? Today's TOI has a pic of a crater on that road.
Not as of yesterday 2pm. Traffic was still being diverted ...
Old 11th October 2010, 15:55   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Road between VW Jn and Film Nagar Jn---has the work got completed
I crossed that place this morning around 9am, work is completed and at two places they made that square shaped flooring which you find usually in farm house porticos etc.

One right outside the VW junction and another little further up.

So you can drive through that route peacefully.
Old 11th October 2010, 17:21   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I crossed that place this morning around 9am, work is completed and at two places they made that square shaped flooring which you find usually in farm house porticos etc.

One right outside the VW junction and another little further up.

So you can drive through that route peacefully.
Thanks Avi.

Anybody has updates on Durgam Cheruvu Road? I know it is not mobike's cup of tea.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:29   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody has updates on Durgam Cheruvu Road? I know it is not mobike's cup of tea.
By DC Road do you mean the one that goes down from Inorbit and iLabs down to Madhapur? Or is it the Madhapur Main Road itself?

The latter is fairly OK if you can avoid that one bad patch somewhere before you hit the IOCL bunk while coming towards Cyber Towers from J. Hills. If my BQ can handle that road without scraping her belly, any car can .

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th October 2010, 20:10   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
By DC Road do you mean the one that goes down from Inorbit and iLabs down to Madhapur? Or is it the Madhapur Main Road itself?

The latter is fairly OK if you can avoid that one bad patch somewhere before you hit the IOCL bunk while coming towards Cyber Towers from J. Hills. If my BQ can handle that road without scraping her belly, any car can .

Regards,
spadix
Nope, I meant the former. That road is widely used by people working in the Ascendas (formerly Vanenberg) IT Park and also other buildings like Thomson Reuters, etc near it.

Whenever that road gets closed, traffic becomes awful on the Madhapur main road. I am not sure if the Madhapur main road traffic has eased after the new flyover near Cyber Towers.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:30   #746
Team-BHP Support

The DC road update.

There are 4 deep cuts on the road. The first nasty one is in front of the new restaurant (Mustard). Its easy to negotiate if you are careful.

The other cuts are in final section. The part where the lake is to the right.
The cuts are hidden under the overflowing drain water.

My Wagon handled them well but the I would not use this road again in the short term.
Its too filthy.
Old 11th October 2010, 20:33   #747
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @bblost. I am gonna hit the Whisper Valley road this week. God knows how long they will take to repair the DC road----it's been closed to traffic the entire last week!
Old 11th October 2010, 20:59   #748
BHPian

Novotel Airport to Sagar Road

The google maps shows a road from Novotel Airport going to the Sagar rd.
Has anyone used this road to go towards sagar and can comment on the condition
Old 11th October 2010, 21:51   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Novotel Airport to Sagar Road

The google maps shows a road from Novotel Airport going to the Sagar rd.
Has anyone used this road to go towards sagar and can comment on the condition
Do you mean the bypass that takes you to hastinapur and further onto Sagar? Or you mean the road that goes to Srisailam and from there another bypass is there for sagar?

Eitherways, both are good roads.

Conditions after rains for most roads would be more or less below average. So if you planned a trip. Go for it as some potholes should never get in way of your plan !!!
Old 11th October 2010, 22:18   #750
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks @bblost. I am gonna hit the Whisper Valley road this week. God knows how long they will take to repair the DC road----it's been closed to traffic the entire last week!
Last week I tried a slight variation in this route.
While returning from office, I took the turn into film nagar.
Crossed the big temple but did not take the right turn.
Continued straight towards Rama Naidu Studios.
Then followed the road as it kept veering left.

There was one spot that was very badly broken. Trusted my luck and the Wagon held her ground.
But that part is a bad one.
The road led me towards a big lake. Then I took a right turn. There was a Malik cars workshop.

The road finally connected me to the Bombay Highway.

Was an interesting drive thru a new road for me.

Will do some more R&D later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks