Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 14:07   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
  1. 3 minutes per km on normal days, inclusive of signal stops.
  2. 2 minutes per km on Sundays and holidays.
Anything more can be attributed to jams on that day, or to VIP movement.
Absolutely right. However, i would prefer giving it a range
  1. 3-4 minutes per km on normal days, inclusive of signal stops.
  2. 1-3 minutes per km on Sundays and holidays
Whats wrong with me? I happened to use the same section that was discussed to death a few posts ago again this morning.

However, i took the turn into begumpet from minister road around 930am and was out of the greenlands flyover in less than 10 mins. Mind you, there was quite a bit of traffic but, moving constantly.

Again the exit to that flyover was smooth and without any issue.

I reckon for me this problem is non-existent
Old 27th October 2010, 14:35   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. 3 minutes per km on normal days, inclusive of signal stops.
  2. 2 minutes per km on Sundays and holidays.
Anything more can be attributed to jams on that day, or to VIP movement. Please also note that this applies to city roads and not to sparsely-populated areas, ORR, etc.
Venu Sir, the real problem I think is the variability in commute times, and not in the average length. I'm OK with a 1 hr commute if that's how I choose my life to be. There are many people at work who have no option because of where they send their kids to school etc.

What bothers me is the variability in commute times.

This week I'm commuting to work from my parents' place in Ferozeguda. It used to be the case that if I started from home at 8 am I would be at my desk by 8:45 am. This was how it was in May and June. The distance is between 22 and 23 kms so the average speed is actually pretty good.

Today I had a 9 am meeting, and I started from home sometime between 8:00 and 8:05 am. And I was 15 mins late. And this is despite the completion of the Hi-Tec City flyover. Why? Because the cops at JNTU junction suddenly decided to switch to manual control instead of depending on the lights, and I in my infinite wisdom (actually with some sound reason) didn't want to take the crowded/cramped service road. 10 mins spent twiddling thumbs at that junction when I really wanted to take a free left.

This same stretch upon return used to take 37 minutes at around 11 pm in the summer. Now I can't imagine doing it under an hour. I have no clue why.

Basically you're not allowed to settle in to a pattern for too long, and that's an issue that needs to be solved.

On a related note, yesterday I started from work at around 10 pm and took the Filmnagar - Punjagutta - Ameerpet - Balkampet route while returning. It took close to an hour at 10 pm. No traffic jams but there was heavy slow-moving traffic, and I could see every other frustration en route (wrong-side driving, people with cell phone in one hand totally oblivious to speeds and lane discipline, drunken riders and drivers who had no idea where they were going, aimless riders and drivers who had no clue what they came out on to the road for, pedestrians and two-wheelers suddenly jumping in the way of others, drifters, crawling autos looking for sawaris in the center of the road, rogue bus drivers behaving like two-wheelers on seeing the relatively empty roads... you name it).

Sometimes I feel it's worth burning up that clutch in 7 pm traffic just so that I can preserve my mind for a few more years.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th October 2010, 15:40   #813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
You need not wait for challan to come. You can view the current list of pending challans against a vehicle at : http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Feed the registration no. as AP09AH0067 to get correct results. Feeding AP9AH67 will get you wrong result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The camera at Rai Durgam flashed as I passed it on my bike.
I must have been doing around 80 kmph.

I did not know the signal was working. I went back the next day and waited for one full cycle. The green light did not light up. So the entire console was dark. Suddenly the Red light comes on. Then it flashes if you violate it.

This happened almost 2 months back. Yet to get a challan. Also the website does not list any violations against my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
2 months and no violation reported on the website.

You are lucky to have escaped.
Old Story but some new development.

The http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/ still does not show this against my bike.
BUT
The Aponline shows it.

I gotch pay the fine for a non-working signal. And its too late to go and fight it out with the guys there.
How do I make them understand that the green light was not working.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:03   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps take a video of the below -

Quote:
I did not know the signal was working. I went back the next day and waited for one full cycle. The green light did not light up. So the entire console was dark. Suddenly the Red light comes on. Then it flashes if you violate it.
- and show it to the folks there?

And file an RTI (along with the video evidence if there's some way to do it) while you're at it?

I've seen this happen at the Kondapur Police Lines signal. Power cut, free for all, I go through and when I'm in the middle of the intersection the power comes back on, so does the red light and 'Pooofff!' goes the flash. However I haven't gotten any challan yet.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th October 2010, 16:05   #815
Team-BHP Support

@spadix, Its an old challan, dated December 2009.

My post was made in Feb 2010.

Anyways I just paid it using esevaonline.
You might want to log into esevaonline/ aponline and check for violations challaned against your car/bike.

Last edited by bblost : 27th October 2010 at 16:06.
Old 27th October 2010, 16:23   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You might want to log into esevaonline/ aponline and check for violations challaned against your car/bike.
Last week, received a challan for jumping redlight in Nov 2009. The challan is dated April 2010

It also has a picture of my Viva rear number plate ( some portion of LTD sticker too)

RTA website shows no violations on my Accent.

Wondering should i pay or just ignore it

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th October 2010 at 16:27. Reason: Corrected date
Old 27th October 2010, 16:33   #817
Team-BHP Support

Avi,

In esevaonline there is a Challan Number RLT130112090149 against your Viva for RLV- Signal Jumping with Rs 100 fine dated 17-11-2009.
Old 27th October 2010, 17:05   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi,

In esevaonline there is a Challan Number RLT130112090149 against your Viva for RLV- Signal Jumping with Rs 100 fine dated 17-11-2009.
Oh man! Looks like i am Rs.135 poorer.

Thanks Imran. Will pay over this weekend!
Old 27th October 2010, 18:07   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Old Story but some new development.

The http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/ still does not show this against my bike.
BUT
The Aponline shows it.

I gotch pay the fine for a non-working signal. And its too late to go and fight it out with the guys there.
Can someone share how to check challan status on AP online? I have been happy thinking no challans against my car so far.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:26   #820
BHPian

Anandnagar Colony

About 10 days back, the road to Anandnagar colony from Khairatabad junction was made one-way (no entry from Khairatabad junction). People who used to take that road now need to go through Chintalbasti (if coming from Lakdi ka Pul) or go through Erramanzil.

It was a bit inconvenient for me but on the other hand maybe it is a good thing.

The green signal for people coming out of AN colony was very short, so you would have people piling up on the wrong side to avoid a long wait and that would block the way for vehicles entering that road. People entering AN Colony from Necklace Road anyway had a difficult time as most of the traffic from there turns right to Punjagutta.

Now at least the chaos there has reduced a bit.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:33   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
About 10 days back, the road to Anandnagar colony from Khairatabad junction was made one-way (no entry from Khairatabad junction).
I thought entry to Anand Nagar Colony (ANC) is the lane next to Care Hospital, Rd. No1 and exit at Khairtabad Junction? I see some bikes taking a turn into ANC from Khairtabad side but, not cars.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:36   #822
BHPian

Yes there is a way from the lane next to Care Hospital.

But the road from Khairatabad junction also was an entry point (with entry allowed for left turning vehicles from Lakdi ka Pul side and vehicles from Necklace Road, but not from Raj Bhavan Road or while coming from Punjagutta side). Now that's gone and it is only an exit.
Old 28th October 2010, 21:56   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Can someone share how to check challan status on AP online? I have been happy thinking no challans against my car so far.
Simple. Just click on the link and feed your vehicle number:

http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Just remember that a number such as AP9BH14 should be typed as AP09BH0014.
Old 28th October 2010, 22:13   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Simple. Just click on the link and feed your vehicle number:

http://59.90.212.185:8787/publicview/

Just remember that a number such as AP9BH14 should be typed as AP09BH0014.
Venu, this is traffic police challan link. It shows no challans against my Accent. But, there is one that shows up on AP Online and Eseva website.

Sreenivas was asking about the link for those websites
Old 29th October 2010, 08:06   #825
BHPian

Quote:
About 10 days back, the road to Anandnagar colony from Khairatabad junction was made one-way (no entry from Khairatabad junction). People who used to take that road now need to go through Chintalbasti (if coming from Lakdi ka Pul) or go through Erramanzil.

It was a bit inconvenient for me but on the other hand maybe it is a good thing.

The green signal for people coming out of AN colony was very short, so you would have people piling up on the wrong side to avoid a long wait and that would block the way for vehicles entering that road. People entering AN Colony from Necklace Road anyway had a difficult time as most of the traffic from there turns right to Punjagutta.

Now at least the chaos there has reduced a bit.
Quote:
Yes there is a way from the lane next to Care Hospital.

But the road from Khairatabad junction also was an entry point (with entry allowed for left turning vehicles from Lakdi ka Pul side and vehicles from Necklace Road, but not from Raj Bhavan Road or while coming from Punjagutta side). Now that's gone and it is only an exit.
Is it still one way ... that means ... no entry from Khairatabad Junction to Anand Nagar Colony?

If yes, it will be breeze to come out from Anand Nagar Colony onto Raj Bhawan Road.

Most Viewed