Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 14:38   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Directions to Chowmohalla Palace,Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hi People,

Could someone help me with directions to the Chowmohalla Palace in Hyderabad from Charminar.Its for this weekend's Jagjit Singh Concert at the palace.I would be driving in from Nampally station side.

Many thanx.
Completely OT.

Let us know if you want to freak out on some great NV food prior or post the concert.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:40   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Ranjit, please stick to Option 1. Second option is confusing even for hardcore hydeez like me

@Nikhil, after chudi bazaar isnt it a left? you mentioned a right? There is no right. The road goes straight or left?
Old 17th February 2011, 14:47   #903
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Let us know if you want to freak out on some great NV food prior or post the concert.
I guess you were travelling during this weekened Waseem Bhai . Remember the Breakfast Plan? Ranjit, do let us know, if you are in for some Non Veggies Extravaganza prior or post Jaggi's Concert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ranjit, please stick to Option 1. Second option is confusing even for hardcore hydeez like me
I am wondering, if Ranjit would get past the confusing Afzal Gunj turning, with those zillions of busses, auto's, vehicles turning right and left at a time. No issues, but I find both the routes to be good. Route 1 is easiest & Route 2 is straight of all.

Let Ranjit take Route 1 or Route 2, he sould be there on time for Jaggi's Ghazal Program, just in time to hear him sing "Paayal Chankaati Tum, Aaajaao Jeevan Mein"

Quote:
@Nikhil, after chudi bazaar isnt it a left? you mentioned a right? There is no right. The road goes straight or left?
Thanks for pointing out Avi Bhai, was posting 2 routes and got confused. If Ranjit would have taken a right, he would have entered one of the shops to buy Bangles and stuff there.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:04   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I guess you were travelling during this weekened Waseem Bhai . Remember the Breakfast Plan? Ranjit, do let us know, if you are in for some Non Veggies Extravaganza prior or post Jaggi's Concert
Yes sir,very much.Starting from tomorrow.

BTW-I am thinking how does my travel plan stops me from guiding ranjitp1 for a Sunday dinner as the concert is at 7pm?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 17th February 2011 at 15:06.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:11   #905
Senior - BHPian

Thanx a ton guys!I will stick to route 1 as I know that like the back of my hand thanks to the upteen touristy trips that I have done to take friends & relatives to see the Charminar(apart from the midnight fruit salad drives and the PH Haleem drives!)

I never knew Chowmohalla palace was in the Laad Bazaar lane.Thanks for all this.

Thanx for the offers of eats!I shall let it go this time bcos in all probability this time I would be doing chauffeurgiri to drop wife there.Jagjit Singh wouldnt like to see a 2year old singing along with him!!

Any one of you headed out there for the concert?
Old 17th February 2011, 15:12   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Yes sir,very much.Starting from tomorrow.
BTW-I am thinking how does my travel plan stops me from guiding ranjitp1 for a Sunday dinner as the concert is at 7pm?
I thought you cancelled the trip to accomodate the Breakfast and Dinner on Sunday
Old 17th February 2011, 15:21   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

Any one of you headed out there for the concert?
I'm headed there and most likely will like to have a good meal post concert!
Old 26th February 2011, 14:31   #908
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday was pure driving bliss and a pleasant surprise.

I had full day meetings in STC, Bahadurpally which is about 15kms further to Runway 9 on Medchal and about 30kms from home

Finished meetings at 8:30pm and left office at 8:40pm and reached home at 9:20pm.

40 mins to cover 30kms through one of the most traffic congested areas ( Bahadurpally-->Bowenpally-->Paradise-->Himayathnagar)

Still not able to figure out why was i so lucky?
Old 26th February 2011, 15:13   #909
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Certain pain points I noticed after an absence of 2.5 months:-
  1. The right turn at PBEL Jn towards Rd # 45 at Kavoori Hills after exiting DC Road has been blocked by a divider. In the first place, that divider was hardly needed. That apart, one is now forced to turn left and take a U turn at the busy junction opp Madhapur Police Station. I guess the alternative left is to take a right turn soon after DC road and approach the PBEL road via Knoah Solutions.
  2. Having been forced to go via Pride Honda and J Hills check post owing to point 1 above, I was dismayed to see many places where nearly a third of the road has been knocked off for Metro construction. The idea of 4-laning that stretch 3 to 4 years ago stands negated , but hopefully pain will lead to pleasure after a few years, when the Metro is commissioned. Sigh---wonder how long we need to suffer??

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th February 2011 at 15:15.
Old 27th February 2011, 19:29   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
40 mins to cover 30kms through one of the most traffic congested areas ( Bahadurpally-->Bowenpally-->Paradise-->Himayathnagar)

Still not able to figure out why was i so lucky?
Even I was taken aback (in a positive sense) by yesterday's (lack of) traffic. Saturdays are usually the worst - at least from what I've observed in Hyderabad and Bengaluru since 2003. These days I'm keeping BQ below 2.5k rpm all the time and yet I managed to complete some very busy stretches (JH 36 -> Srinagar Colony -> Banjara Hills -> Filmnagar -> Srinagar Colony) in hardly any time.

It could be the combination of the cricket world cup + exams for kids + maybe fear factor because of the T-agitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,
Certain pain points I noticed after an absence of 2.5 months:-
  1. Having been forced to go via Pride Honda and J Hills check post owing to point 1 above, I was dismayed to see many places where nearly a third of the road has been knocked off for Metro construction. The idea of 4-laning that stretch 3 to 4 years ago stands negated , but hopefully pain will lead to pleasure after a few years, when the Metro is commissioned. Sigh---wonder how long we need to suffer??
Precisely what I felt over the past week as this stretch of Road #36 is something I take at least twice a week on average. By the way, those are temporary. Currently they are only performing soil-testing those places. Once that's done those structures will go away. This is what I've seen on the Kukatpally stretch (which is now more or less devoid of these things).

Real hell will be unleashed later. Hopefully it'll be quick and devoid of controversy. That's a tall order given what we've been witnessing over the last year or so.

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:56   #911
Senior - BHPian

ORR Phase 2A: Shamshabad - Peddamberpet stretch now formally open for traffic

There was an article in the city section of The Hindu today.

Here's the link to the online article.

Eenadu also carried an article that talked about this.

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:02   #912
Senior - BHPian

Re: ORR Phase 2A: Shamshabad - Peddamberpet stretch now formally open for traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
There was an article in the city section of The Hindu today.

Here's the link to the online article.

Eenadu also carried an article that talked about this.

Regards,
spadix
Thanks for posting this info. If I am not mistaken, it is the same stretch someone had posted about a few months earlier stating that it was unofficially open. I do recall a place called Tukkuguda on that stretch.
Old 6th March 2011, 19:08   #913
BHPian

Hyderabad Traffic Police will be launching a special drive in the city from tomorrow, 07-Mar-2011, on free left turns and stopping at stop lines.

The press note / release and the details are available at :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Lc/edit?hl=en#

From my observation of various postings on this forum, I have noticed that many of us use the various junctions regularly which have been identified by HTP for the special drive. (Just in my case, my travel of Home-Office-Home of 4 km daily will have 4 such junctions).

This is to update all my fellow friends here to become extra cautious while driving and follow the rules being imposed by HTP at least at these junctions and thus save yourself, not only from the penalty, but also time to be wasted in getting challaned or the ignomity of being asked to take a U-Turn and coming back to the junction again, which is also proposed as a deterrent.

Hope these details are helpful.
Old 6th March 2011, 19:43   #914
BHPian

Excellent. One of my pain points driving in this city. People just overtaking from the left at junctions to get ahead.. Hope this is implemented . Hardly ever happens so let's see, By the way, I always leave the left free for traffic turning left whether I'm on my two wheeler or 4.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:08   #915
Senior - BHPian

Need Directions(Trimulgherry to Kompally)

People,need this direction real quick(am hoping I would be able to get some reply in the next 1hour)What is the best route from Trimulgherry to Kompally Runway9.

I know the route via Bowenpally,but I suspect there is another route wherein I dont need to go to Bowenpally,instead go on the karimnagar higway towards alwal etc and then divert to NH7.Is this right or is it better to stick to Bowenpally-NH7 route?

Many thanx in advance.

Most Viewed