Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 18:08   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Venu Sir,

I chose my office (yes, I actually chose it) so that I had to travel less than 1km back to my house.

This was in 1999.

My office and my house are still at the same place.

Only now it is a 6 km drive (via Greenland - Raj Bhawan Road) or a 4km drive (via Ameerpet - Punjagutta - Yashoda Hospital).

By the way, walk is still less than 1km (only problem is weather, lack of footpaths and loss of enjoying a drive).
I can see that we are in the same boat. I know your house is located a mere 50 meters from where the divider starts , forcing you to take an extra 2.5 to 3 kms (just like my office for me)
Old 5th May 2011, 11:39   #1007
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

If you stand facing OF COURSE - Mini Golf,Hyderabad,India and look behind it. You will see a huge concrete wall kinda structure.

The road from the Jubilee Hills Rd 45 has reached till there. I check it out today morning. There is work going on. A couple of guys and a heavy earth excavator. The road is quite broad and till that concrete wall its almost ready. The remain few meters is still sand and rock. They were working on it.

There is a side road which connects you to the Ambedkar University as well.
That road has gravel, lots of gravel. Had a lovely woobly ride just for the heck of it. It was too hot and I was in full riding gear. So could not spend more time there.

A nice panoramic view of the city.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:33   #1008
Senior - BHPian

This article on the infra build-up around DC might be of interest to many here.

I for one have never partied (or even explored) around DC so I don't relate to it too much.

Regards,
spadix
Old 5th May 2011, 14:41   #1009
BHPian

OT: The Road opposite to NextCell, where you see a lot of thela's/bandi's, leads to a very beautiful spot, which gives a total view of the Durgam Cheruvu lake and is mostly devoid of people. If you are looking for some peaceful time with a good view during evening time after office, I would suggest you have a look at this. I loved the view of DC from this location.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-sweetlocation.jpg
Old 9th May 2011, 11:56   #1010
BHPian

Help!!!

I need to go to Chandra Garden at Karmanghat today evening to attend a function and have to reach there at 8pm.

1) What will be the best route to take from Somajiguda Circle?

2) What will be the estimated driving time by the suggested route?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I am thinking of Somajiguda - Begumpet - Uppal - L B Nagar Junction - Karmanghat route and estimating a drving time of 1:15 Hours!
Old 9th May 2011, 12:37   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
I need to go to Chandra Garden at Karmanghat today evening to attend a function and have to reach there at 8pm.
8PM , peak traffic time. However, I feel that it won't be that bad that you can't take the route and reach there.

Quote:
What will be the best route to take from Somajiguda Circle?
I think you should take the Somajiguda - Raj Bhavan Road - Lakdikapul - Abids - Kothi - Malakpet - Saifabad - Santosh Nagar X Roads - Champapet route. This route might not be totally devoid of traffic but would not be a standstill one for sure. The estimated distance covered by this route is about 15 kms.

The only places where you might encounter traffic are as follows:
1. Kothi Womens College Junction
2. Malakpet MMTS Station Junction
3. IS Sadan X Roads.

Post this, I really doubt if you would encounter much traffic.

Quote:
PS : I am thinking of Somajiguda - Begumpet - Uppal - L B Nagar Junction - Karmanghat route and estimating a drving time of 1:15 Hours!
The estimated distance covered by this route is about 30 kms.
The places where you might encounter traffic on this route are as follows
1. Traffic congestion from Mettuduga X Roads till Railway Degree College.
2. Habsiguda X Roads
3. Uppal X Roads
4. L. B. Nagar X Roads (one of the worst X roads due to influx of heavy traffic from Vijaywada Highway)
5. Santosh Nagar X Roads
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 12:40   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Help!!!

1) What will be the best route to take from Somajiguda Circle?

2) What will be the estimated driving time by the suggested route?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I think you should take the Somajiguda - Raj Bhavan Road - Lakdikapul - Abids - Kothi - Malakpet - Saifabad - Santosh Nagar X Roads - Champapet route. This route might not be totally devoid of traffic but would not be a standstill one for sure. The estimated distance covered by this route is about 15 kms.
I vouch for this route as I have done it many a number of times at the designated hour and is the best option.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 13:28   #1013
BHPian

Gap in divider at PBEL junction brought back.

Also a long overdue intersection created near Quality Inn Pearl on the Tolichowki-Gachibowli road. This should hopefully put a stop to the large number of people who take the earlier gap in the divider and drive on the wrong side till Quality Inn to take a right there to Hi-Tech City.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:06   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I am glad to know that the gap in the divider (that existed earlier) has been brought back near PBEL. It looks like good sense has dawned on the concerned authorities.

It was on account of the gap closure that it took me nearly 10 minutes on Thursday night to take a U turn.

@Travelholic--I suppose you were referring to 'Saidabad' and not 'Saifabad' in your post above.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 15:12   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
I think you should take the Somajiguda - Raj Bhavan Road - Lakdikapul - Abids - Kothi - Malakpet - Saifabad - Santosh Nagar X Roads - Champapet route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I vouch for this route as I have done it many a number of times at the designated hour and is the best option. Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Travelholic--I suppose you were referring to 'Saidabad' and not 'Saifabad' in your post above.
So then, it is final, I will use Nikhil proposed and Anirudha seconded route both while going and returning.

Venu Sir, just a typo by Nikhil. Should not be a cause of confusion as both these places are miles apart from each other.

Now to keep the fingers crossed in the hope that I am served 8 varieties of chicken legs in snacks (as the same host did so a decade back at a party at Masab Tank) apart from biryanis and other non veg dishes in the typical Telangana style.
Old 9th May 2011, 15:15   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Today morning something drastically went wrong. Entire Ministers road stretch was jammed and after waiting for long time took a right and entered the Sindhi Colony road, that too jammed and everyone is crazily turning into whichever lane they see light traffic. It was utter chaos.

I took a U-turn and went back towards necklace road and came out at IMAX circle, there too unprecedented traffic. So i headed back towards home and decided a final attempt to going via. Ladki-ka-Pul which was also heavy traffic but, atleast moving.

Finally reached office after almost half hyderabad darshan
Old 9th May 2011, 15:28   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Habsiguda X Roads
3. Uppal X Roads
4. L. B. Nagar X Roads (one of the worst X roads due to influx of heavy traffic from Vijaywada Highway)
5. Santosh Nagar X Roads
And God help you if there's an IPL match at the time -- although entry traffic/crowd is much better than exit crowd, because people come in a 3/4 hr window, but leave in a half-hour window .

In fact the other day when we went to see the match, LB Nagar X roads was a piece of cake (~5 pm going in, ~midnight getting out) compared to Uppal X roads. At 8 pm, the story would be very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today morning something drastically went wrong. Entire Ministers road stretch was jammed and after waiting for long time took a right and entered the Sindhi Colony road, that too jammed and everyone is crazily turning into whichever lane they see light traffic. It was utter chaos.
Yeah - something is definitely up today. Not a single theatre website is allowing online booking for Hyderabad threatres today. I tried bookmyshow, PVR, Cinemax, INOX, Prasad's and Big. Nothing for Hyderabad for today :(.

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th May 2011, 15:45   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
And God help you if there's an IPL match at the time
God helped and decided that there will be no IPL match today but it will be there on 10th and it will be the last match at Hyderabad this season.
Old 10th May 2011, 07:38   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
So then, it is final, I will use Nikhil proposed and Anirudha seconded route both while going and returning.

Now to keep the fingers crossed in the hope that I am served 8 varieties of chicken legs in snacks (as the same host did so a decade back at a party at Masab Tank) apart from biryanis and other non veg dishes in the typical Telangana style.
Outward Journey :-
Start Time : 7:05pm at Somajiguda Circle
End Time : 8:10pm at Chandra Garden
Distance as per odo : 17km
Route : Raj Bhavan Road - NTR Marg - Hill Fort Road - Fateh Maidan - Abids - Bank Street - Nalgonda Cross Road - Saidabad - Champapet Road
Traffic Encounters : (1) Indira Gandhi Statue Junction (Prasads / Necklace Road / NTR Marg) - heavy traffic ; (2) Abids Chermas (overload of buses waiting for their turn at the stop blocking rest of the traffic) ; (3) Koti Junction (pile up by traffic wanting to turn right towards Osmania Medical College blocking traffic wanting to go straight towards Gokul) ; (4) Chadarghat Junction (heavy traffic) ; (5) Race Course Road Junction @ Malakpet (just a momentary stoppage compared to others) ; (6) Dug up road from Nalgonda Cross Road Flyover till Malakpet Fire Station ; (7) Saidabad Cross Road (poor traffic management by police) ;

Return Journey :-
Start Time : 9:55pm at Chandra Garden
End Time : 10:40pm at Somajiguda Circle
Distance as per odo : 17km
Route : Champapet Road - Saidabad - Nalgonda Cross Road - Putlibowli - Nampally - Lakdi Ka Pul - Raj Bhavan Road
Traffic Encounters : (1) Chanchalguda Cross Road (grid lock between Chanchalguda Cross Road and Saidabad Cross Road) ;

Thanks once again Nikhil for the route suggestion. The best route for sure.

OT : Did not get 8 varieties of chicken legs at the function in snacks. Got 2 chicken snacks and 7 non veg dishes (4 chicken and 3 mutton) in the main course. The only veg dishes in the main course were raita, tomato salan, white rice and sambhar.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 14:26   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Finally, some relief!

The Hindu : NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : Major bottleneck to be removed at Begumpet

By the way is this the same Kochar that Ravvs is associated with? Just curious.

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed