Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 14:35   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, some relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
The Hindu : NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : Major bottleneck to be removed at Begumpet

By the way is this the same Kochar that Ravvs is associated with? Just curious.

Regards,
spadix
That's no big deal, IMO. The other 2 bulidings (one of which is Jabbar Estates) would still need to be removed, at least the front portion, in order to have a uniform road width till the airport flyover.

So in effect, all we get is about 100 feet of space where the road can be broadened, out of about 400 feet that are blocking the road currently.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:38   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, some relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That's no big deal, IMO. The other 2 bulidings (one of which is Jabbar Estates) would still need to be removed, at least the front portion, in order to have a uniform road width till the airport flyover.
The article talks about demolishing Jabbar and Aladdin facades (if not buildings) as well, pending resolution of a couple of court cases. I'm guessing money is the solution to both cases.

Regards,
spadix
Old 25th May 2011, 19:31   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Last week I had to go to Vijayawada so was tempted to go on the ORR from Gachibowli-Ramoji film city on the eight laned road.
It was an amazing drive minimal traffic and I was happy it was complete upto Ramoji film city.
Could save a lot of time in the afternoon.
Still toll collection has not been started.
The distance almost 60-65kms.
Old 30th May 2011, 21:40   #1024
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Though not exactly about traffic diversions or road expansions or alternate route, this is about another entertainment spot coming up at Hyderabad Airport.

I may not be able to answer any queries since all I observed were these 2 boards (the place was locked and there was not a soul around there) :

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-1.jpg

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-2.jpg

The exact location is on ground floor (parking level) adjacent to the Plaza Premium Lounge when you cross Canara Bank towards the Police Outpost.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:35   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Bajaj saab, that would be nice to experience. I mean the G-force

Gachibowli flyover is fast approaching completion. I have an inkling it may be thrown open in 3 months. Anyone has info when the constructors plan to complete this one?

It will surely loosen up a lot of bottlenecks.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:18   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Gachibowli flyover is fast approaching completion. I have an inkling it may be thrown open in 3 months. Anyone has info when the constructors plan to complete this one?
These frequent bottlenecks are the main reason, why I am being compelled to taking the Financial District-Nanakramguda-ORR-Narsingi-Langer House-Mehdipatnam route. Atleast this route is totally devoid of traffic right from Nanakramguda ORR till Mehdipatnam.
Old 1st June 2011, 19:13   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bajaj saab, that would be nice to experience. I mean the G-force

Good to know this. I wonder when they will complete the one near Hitec Station.

Going by the volume of traffic, I think a flyover is needed at J Hills Checkpost.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:29   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I just got challaned by police for parking in a No Parking spot (even though I couldn't see any sign anywhere. This was opposite Model House near Punjagutta X Road at the HDFC ATM. Agreed my mistake. Just posted this on the Hyderabad Traffic Police FB Page
Quote:
Dear HTP,

I have been challaned by Mr. B Y Swamy of Punjagutta P.S. for Rs.200/- for No Parking under Section 122/177 at 1930 Hrs on 01/06/2011 near Punjagutta X roads vide challan Sl. No. 339869. The fine under this section for 4 wheelers is Rs.100-200. Since this is my first offence, should I be given the benefit of doubt and been let off with a warning rather being charged with the maximum penalty permissible under the act. Secondly after challaning me, the concerned officer riding a motorcycle AP28Q8794 (Non Police Vehicle) proceeded in the wrong direction on the motorbike.

So my question to HTP is whether policemen above the law? Secondly are policemen supposed to use their power to help the citizen or just make money by collecting maximum amount of fine.

Answer to the above will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Please tell me what do you think?
Old 1st June 2011, 20:39   #1029
Team-BHP Support

If I remember correctly, all main roads are No Parking unless there is a area marked for parking.
There is no not need for a No Parking board as such.

The amount for the fine is totally at the discretion of the Police officer. A picture of the police officer riding the wrong side would have been nice.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:49   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

The amount for the fine is totally at the discretion of the Police officer. A picture of the police officer riding the wrong side would have been nice.
I do have the picture but its hazy. I know I was wrong so I'm not cribbing on that. But what is getting my goat is most prolly the guy was off duty on someone else's motorcycle giving fake challans. On questioning him under which act was he charging me, he hesitated a lot. And as per the act, discretion is awarded to the police official but he can't use it JLT. For most of us here Rs.100 here or there doesn't matter much but I would definitely be cheesed off if my fine amount goes of to pay for extra-curricular activities of some bent cop.

And also rather than easing the movement of traffic, he was more interested in challaning me.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 1st June 2011 at 20:56.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:53   #1031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I do have the picture but its hazy. I know I was wrong so I'm not cribbing on that. But what is getting my goat is most prolly the guy was off duty on someone else's motorcycle giving fake challans.
Big crime if he is caught. And I hope he is.
Quote:

On questioning him under which act was he charging me, he hesitated a lot. And as per the act, discretion is awarded to the police official but he just can't use his JLT. For most of us here Rs.100 here or there doesn't matter much but I would definitely be cheesed off if my fine amount goes of to pay for extra-curricular activities of some bent cop.
I know exactly how bad that feels.
Quote:

And also rather than easing the movement of traffic, he was more interested in challaning me.
That is be what most of the traffic police does.
Just ask anyone riding a motorcycle.
Old 1st June 2011, 21:18   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I just got challaned by police for parking in a No Parking spot (even though I couldn't see any sign anywhere.
Ani Bhai, looks like you missed this post on HTP FB page. Also saw your post on the HTP's FB page.
Quote:
The Hyderabad Traffic Police has been conducting a Special Drive from 23-05-2011 on the following violations. The number of cases booked against each violation till 29-05-2011 are as follows:-

Total cases booked

1. Stop line violation- 1151

2. Wrong Parking- 9919

3. Wheel Clamps used on Wrong parking vehicles- 3587

4. Encroachments of footpaths and roads- 1440

5.No. of vehicles towed- 2904

Total=SUM (ABOVE) 19001

Rs.16.55 lakhs fine amount was collected from violators for the above cases.

222 Business establishments who have not made provision for proper parking places have been served notices. They are being ‘Pressurised’ to make provisions for parking of clients vehicles by Traffic Police. This drive will continue for this week also.

Following link details the Top Violators for the Month of May-2011

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...CP6dt-sB#gid=0

Addl. Commissioner of Police,
Traffic, Hyderabad City.
Today while driving back home, I saw many cars with wheel clamps on Ahmed Nagar road, near the Police Officer's Mess, which was a first for me on this road.
And this drive is going to continue for another week.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:22   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
........got challaned by police for parking in a No Parking spot.....Agreed my mistake. Just posted this on the Hyderabad Traffic Police FB Page.......Please tell me what do you think?
You are definitely justified in feeling that you should not have been given the maximum penalty since you agreed to the mistake and didn't argue. And I can understand your frustration when the cop who fined you rode off on the wrong side.

But IMHO, may not have been a good idea to say in your post that you could have been let off with just a warning since it was your first offence.

One - the cop wouldn't know if it was really your first offence or if you made a genuine mistake or if you saw the no-parking sign and still parked there - and the cops are probably used to hearing people saying it's their first offence. Two - might result in the HTP not taking your post too seriously, especially the very valid point about the cop riding on the wrong side.

Anyway, hope you get a response.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:23   #1034
Distinguished - BHPian

Anirudha, I have to agree with the cop for challaning you because that entire stretch is no parking zone. Also, how much he fines is totally upto his discretion irrespective of what the rule book says. Dont forget you were dealing with Indian police. Sometimes think from their end too. They do their duty in this harsh sun and meet thousands of supposedly relatives of ministers who threaten them for stopping them asking for documents. I sometimes feel irritable behaviour is also justifiable. It's not easy work which they do.

Also, I agree that majority of harrassment is for 2-wheelers. Everyday a huge posse stands at one corner near Himayathnagar and trap 2-wheelers like flies in mosquito net. I use my bike to go for a jog so obviously i dont have any documents with me and was stopped 2-3 times near my home. But, have been able to sweet talk out of the situation. I have a standard dialogue which i use and works like a charm and they let me off in a jiffy

I will have to soon figure out how to carry documents of my bike since neither track pant/short nor tee has any pockets
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:10   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
I will have to soon figure out how to carry documents of my bike since neither track pant/short nor tee has any pockets
Avi Bhai, I guess your bike Pulsar has a storage space to keep those documents. It would be near the Toolkit Space or you can throw away the Toolkit and keep your documents there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks