Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:14   #1036
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
throw away the Toolkit

What do you do if you get a flat tire?
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:38   #1037
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Do you really think Mobike008 would be using the Toolkit to repair his Flat Tyre? He uses the bike very rarely and I guess he has not experienced more than 3 flat tyres till date, right from the date he purchased his bike till now. I moreover doubt, if he has atleast checked the contents of his Toolkit in his bike .
Old 14th June 2011, 22:26   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Guys please be ready for madness this weekend as there a Million Men March called by Telengana JAC this Sunday. Police is planning to seal Hyderabad from 17th night itself and will not allow any people from outside.

I only hope there is no vandalism like last time!
Old 14th June 2011, 22:51   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Guys please be ready for madness this weekend as there a Million Men March called by Telengana JAC this Sunday. Police is planning to seal Hyderabad from 17th night itself and will not allow any people from outside.

I only hope there is no vandalism like last time!
Holy cow, my daughter has her CA entrance test on Sunday
Old 15th June 2011, 17:09   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Any pointers on how to avoid the railway gate near Bolarum Station while going from Trimulgherry to Medchal Road.I drop my daughter to school from Sainikpuri to Abhaya near the Apparel Park and I take Sainikpuri-Yapral-Kowkur-Bolarum-NH7-Gundlapochampally-Abhaya.Its around 14kms and I take around 25mins,but the gate is a killer if its closed,I was wondering if there is another way to avoid the gate?
Old 15th June 2011, 17:17   #1041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi Bhai, I guess your bike Pulsar has a storage space to keep those documents. It would be near the Toolkit Space or you can throw away the Toolkit and keep your documents there.
Quote:

Quote:
Do you really think Mobike008 would be using the Toolkit to repair his Flat Tyre? He uses the bike very rarely and I guess he has not experienced more than 3 flat tyres till date, right from the date he purchased his bike till now. I moreover doubt, if he has atleast checked the contents of his Toolkit in his bike .
I completely missed this thread since then. Traveloholic is right. I use the bike only for gym visits, grocery shopping and joy rides. It has done 22000kms since I bought it ( June, 2005) and I keep it in spanking condition looks wise and performance wise.

Also, TL is bang on, Nikhil, are you following my bike by any chance?.

I experienced exact 3 punctures during this period and always have pushed the bike to nearest puncture shop. Its the easiest solution albiet a little strenous one.

btw, i never even knew till now that there is a place to keep the tool kit......Will check it out today evening.

P.S: Btw, i dont even know how to change a flat in a car too. Never learned that art till now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Nice heads-up. So I am going to have a chilled out sunday at home. Step out only very late in the night
Old 15th June 2011, 17:18   #1042
Senior - BHPian

For the benefit of people using the trmilgherry-karkhana stretch,HTP has begun to use Wheel-Locks on cars parked on the entire stretch between T'gherry & Karkhana PS,so people please be careful.

Personally I feel its a big mistake making the entire zone on both sides no parking,where are people who come to the shops expected to park?

Another thing,people driving on the Utsav restaurant road,please be very careful in the nights as there is a road divider cement block that has been moved onto the right track by some nonsense drivers so to open up that median(Utsav to Parade Grounds direction)and in the night with no street lamps,it can be very dangerous.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 15th June 2011 at 17:22.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:24   #1043

sec'bad - greenlands route , traffic jam at SPRoad and Minister's road Intersection (towards greenlands/raj bhavan road).

Guys,
APTransco has been doing some underground cabling work just past minister's road intersection , they dug up one section of the road (It has been like that for the past 3-4 days , this after two weeks' work in a stretch just before that last month). This is causing traffic jam especially in the mornings from abt 9:30 to 10:30 or so on sec'bad-begumpet stretch . Allocate extra 15 minutes because of this if you are travelling through this stretch.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:42   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr912m View Post
sec'bad - greenlands route , traffic jam at SPRoad and Minister's road Intersection (towards greenlands/raj bhavan road).
Allocate extra 15 minutes because of this if you are travelling through this stretch.
Thanks for the update.
Good information for people like me to be fore-warned who do it once a quarter or so.
I did the stretch yesterday afternoon and crossed the said junction at 15:08 and found it like any normal day.
Of course, you must be mentioning about the peak times during the morning rush hour.
Do keep all posted when the work is finished.
Till then, I will not attempt this stretch in the mornings.
Old 17th June 2011, 12:14   #1045

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I did the stretch yesterday afternoon and crossed the said junction at 15:08 and found it like any normal day.
hyd_traveller,
I should have been more specific. You are right, the traffic jam is more prevalent in the morning rush hour. Other times , i think it should be OK ,as there are still 2 lanes that are not affected by the dug-up (dug-up is about 1/2 lane wide towards the left most edge). Also please note that the opposite direction traffic (Greenlands-sec'bad) is not affected because of this .
Old 20th June 2011, 16:39   #1046
Team-BHP Support

The weather is so tempting. Dark clouds overhead. The wind so strong, I can hear it inside my air conditioned cube farm.

Those who need to cross the nasty Hi Tech railway underpass, better leave for home soon.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:54   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Any pointers on how to avoid the railway gate near Bolarum Station while going from Trimulgherry to Medchal Road.
How about MD Farm road? Is it too busy? Or Alwal Rd/Temple Alwal/W. Venkatapuram Rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I use the bike only for gym visits, grocery shopping and joy rides. It has done 22000kms since I bought it ( June, 2005)
Digressing, but that's more than I can say of my bike! Sept. 2003 but only ~18500 kms to date despite 3600 kms of highway rides and using it as the daily commuter till January 2006 and then for a couple of months here and there after that.

By the way, it's a bit of a pain to open up the seat on a Pulsar. You have to open the right-side panel that houses the battery, then pull a hoop to unlock the seat. It's fine till here. Putting that panel back is a fiddly process. Hopefully checks aren't too frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
For the benefit of people using the trmilgherry-karkhana stretch,HTP has begun to use Wheel-Locks on cars parked on the entire stretch between T'gherry & Karkhana PS,so people please be careful.

Personally I feel its a big mistake making the entire zone on both sides no parking,where are people who come to the shops expected to park?
Thanks for this update as well as the one about the Utsav median. The latter especially is a regular route.

Regarding parking in the Trimulgherry - Karkhana stretch, if you just get off the road into Vasavinagar you can usually find some parking spots. For instance you could take the Andhra Bank street and then turn off into one of the lanes in the nearby colony.

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th June 2011, 07:04   #1048
BHPian

HTP becomes Trigger Happy!!!

Yes, it is true, Hyderabad Traffic Police has started recording vehicle speeds with a radar speed gun everyday.

After the morning peak time traffic is cleared off on the KBR Park - Jubilee Hills Check Post stretch, the HTP arrives and starts recording vehicles driving at higher than permitted speeds on this stretch.

The radar speed gun vehicle is parked somewhere between the point between Talwar Hyundai Showroom Building and 360 Degrees Pub Building but on the opposite side of the road.

So, all those who love to floor the accelerator once they pass Cinemax / LVP Eye Institute / KBR Park Gate while driving towards Jubilee Hills Checkpost, beware.

Issued in Public Interest to help people save money!!!
Old 27th June 2011, 10:32   #1049
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yesterday at the Punjagutta Signal.

I am coming from the Somajiguda side. The signal is green. Lots of traffic and I need to enter Banjara Hills.
All of a sudden the signal turns Red. The cars in front of me are stuck at the median. I am a little in front of the stop line. The car to my right is a good car length ahead of me.

There is absolute chaos on the roads. The traffic from the Ameerpet side is going. There are some bikes and a couple of rickshaws that have stopped in front of my car. They want to take the illegal right turn.

Suddenly a cop appears.
Does he clear the traffic. NO.
Does he do anything. NO.

Instead he takes out a camera and starts clicking pictures of the cars stuck in the middle of the road. Those guys had no choice. There was no amber. The signal if I remember correctly went green-red. With maybe a second of amber in between.

The cop also took snaps of the car on my right. I am not sure if he took my snap as well.

I hope I am fined. Will fight this challan.
I received my Challan.
Offence:
Lane Jumping: S 119/177

That is:
2.2.1 Violation of Yellow Line. Rs. 100/- 119/177 MVA

I checked the the htp site:
Wrong Challan ? -* Hyderabad Traffic Police
It says:
Quote:
For clarifications: You may meet or write to:-
Asst Commissioner of police, Admn, (9490616098)
Traffic Branch, Police Control Room,
Opp: Public Garden, Nampally,
Hyderabad.
Any pointers/tips would be highly appreciated as I intend to FIGHT this challan.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:40   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post

After the morning peak time traffic is cleared off on the KBR Park - Jubilee Hills Check Post stretch, the HTP arrives and starts recording vehicles driving at higher than permitted speeds on this stretch.
I saw them on last Saturday afternoon @ Necklace Road.The vehicle was parked, rather camouflaged among trees.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks