Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 11:34   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

The route I take is always devoid of traffic and I land directly at the Cap Gemini/ICICI Bank X Roads. I would suggest this road, as opposed to going via APPA Junction of ORR.
Amazing alternative, especially for those working in ISB and CapGemini area.

Quote:
As soon as you cross the bridge, you would see a Babukhan board on the other side of the road. Technically speaking, this would be the Service Road, which would be beside the ORR Exit. Take the service road and proceed straight.

Turn right at the first major right turn, which would have a Rajapaksha/Phoneix School board at the entrance...........

Exit from this road and proceed straight. At the round about, you will see a Flyover before you, that's the Flyover, which takes you directly to Langer Houze.
Instead of turning right at the point highlighted in bold, can one not continue on the service road all the way till the roundabout that takes one to the flyover on the Gandipet to Langer Houze road (highlighted in bold)? If the service road is fully operational, it may be faster, though a wee bit longer.
Old 11th September 2012, 13:03   #1277
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Amazing alternative, especially for those working in ISB and CapGemini area.
Yeah, a good route for people working in the Financial District Area.

Quote:
Instead of turning right at the point highlighted in bold, can one not continue on the service road all the way till the roundabout that takes one to the flyover on the Gandipet to Langer Houze road (highlighted in bold)? If the service road is fully operational, it may be faster, though a wee bit longer.
Venu Saab, The Service Road is a good option only and only if, it is completed and fully functional. As of now, I saw a good number of pot holes and unwanted bumps on the road. Had a very bad experience once on my bike. There was a huge pit on the road, which not not visible. Someone dug up the service road to lay some pipes, which is not clearly visible as it is just near the ascend you take on the Service Road. The visibility of that is literally 0 and by the time I realized it, I dunked into it like Micheal Jordon and my bike took a good beating. This added a constant clatter to my bike. Have to get it rectified. Without a proper recce, I would not suggest that route as of now. Till that time, the Rajapaksha/Phoenix School is the best bet.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 13:20   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Traveloholics route. Yesterday, I started from my office around 6pm and reached the hand statue signal at Mehdipatnam which is 17kms in 12-13 minutes

From there to home was 7kms and took a nerve wracking 40 minutes.

The route from just before the PVNR flyover until you get down the masab tank flyover is becoming a nightmare with bumper to bumper traffic.

Then again at the turn towards Lakdikapul until Amrutha Castle at Saifabad.

Then from Liberty to home is another 10-15mins for 1km.

Life on roads is becoming a living nightmare
Old 11th September 2012, 14:47   #1279
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The route from just before the PVNR flyover until you get down the masab tank flyover is becoming a nightmare with bumper to bumper traffic.
This is for going from Mehdipatnam to Khairatabad.
Opposite Crescent Hospital is a road.
That connects you into First Lancer.
Stop at Garden Towers and pick up an ATC (Arabian Tandoori Chicken) from Dinehill.

Once you connect to Banjara Hills Road #1, turn left and stop at Balaji Mahesh and pick up some nice Rasamalai.
Take U-Turn at Spar Signal (Road Number 12 junction).
Pickup groceries from Spar.

Take left turn into Chintal Basti.
Reach the Khairatabad road.

Last edited by bblost : 11th September 2012 at 14:48.
Old 11th September 2012, 19:22   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This is for going from Mehdipatnam to Khairatabad. Opposite Crescent Hospital is a road. That connects you into First Lancer.
The Idgah Road, which connects Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital Road to First Lancer is the road, one should avoid. Reasons, many. Potholes, Shambles, Traffic, Kids playing on road and etc.

Quote:
Stop at Garden Towers and pick up an ATC (Arabian Tandoori Chicken) from Dinehill.
When buying ATC, ask him to pack 2 extra Garlic Sauce. Try his Mutton Raan & Laham Mandi too.

Quote:
Once you connect to Banjara Hills Road #1, turn left and stop at Balaji Mahesh and pick up some nice Rasamalai.
So that you can have it, when you are struck in Traffic at Road #12 Junction :P

Quote:
Take U-Turn at Spar Signal (Road Number 12 junction). Pickup groceries from Spar.
Be ready to spend Rs.20/- for parking at Spar. So, add Rs.20/- to your cost of shopping. Jokes apart, U-Turn at Spar takes way longer than expected.

Quote:
Take left turn into Chintal Basti. Reach the Khairatabad road.
I am sure, Imran wants Avi to cry in the Chintal Basti traffic. From No Traffic to Sparse Traffic to Traffic Jam to Traffic Standstill. Imran is trying to give you an experience of everything. If you are lucky and cross Chintal Basti, then you would be struck at Khairatabad. Only exception would be from Khairatabad to Lumbini Park.
Old 11th September 2012, 21:14   #1281
Team-BHP Support

I use that road on a regular basis. My in-laws stay in First Lancer.
While it has all those issues you mention, I have always found it as a faster way of getting to Banjara Hills Road Number 1 than the Left Turn under Masab Tank Flyover.

Chintal Basti road is again full of people. But I have never really been caught up in a nasty traffic jam on this road.

In fact my daughter's regular pediatric check ups are in Lotus Hospital. I use the Lakdi ka Pul road while going there and always return via the Chintal Basti Road as it works perfectly fine for me.

Also, the service that is on the right hand side of the ORR (RHS if you are coming towards Gachibowli) is completely functional and has no potholes etc.
Old 11th September 2012, 22:17   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Also, the service that is on the right hand side of the ORR (RHS if you are coming towards Gachibowli) is completely functional and has no potholes etc.
The one on the RHS, while you are coming towards Gachibowli has been functional for a long time. I am speaking about the one on the LHS, the one which passes opposite to Tempsus building. That's the one with a good number of potholes.

The RHS Service Road connects Nanakramguda to Narsingi, where as the LHS Service Road connects Kokapet to Narsingi.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 11:54   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
The one on the RHS, while you are coming towards Gachibowli has been functional for a long time. I am speaking about the one on the LHS, the one which passes opposite to Tempsus building. That's the one with a good number of potholes.

The RHS Service Road connects Nanakramguda to Narsingi, where as the LHS Service Road connects Kokapet to Narsingi.
I came on the aforementioned LHS service road and there are absolutely no potholes, just a couple of triple speedbreakers, otherwise, the road is smooth. Try it out once
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 15:10   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Any update on the DC Road? Has it been re-opened? I am luckily working from home for past 2 days, after the ordeal I faced on Monday.

If it has not be re-opened, then it will be a wfh plan for me this whole week.
Old 12th September 2012, 15:21   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Venu Saab, The Service Road is a good option only and only if, it is completed and fully functional. As of now, I saw a good number of pot holes and unwanted bumps on the road. Had a very bad experience once on my bike. Till that time, the Rajapaksha/Phoenix School is the best bet.
Is it possible to do a "slow" recce of that place whenever you travel on that road as you take it daily up and down?

If that straight service road leads to flyover then it will shave off a couple more minutes to my travel time to Mehdipatnam

Quote:
If it has not be re-opened, then it will be a wfh plan for me this whole week.
Venu, Why worry when you can do WFH. I am in the same boat. Driving to office means lot of planning to do. Never planned so much to get new business
Old 12th September 2012, 15:25   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Venu, Why worry when you can do WFH. I am in the same boat. Driving to office means lot of plan ning to do. Never planned so much to get new business
WFH is good once in a while, like for today I needed to accompany my daughter for her passport re-issue appointment. But for days at a stretch it gets boring.
I really miss the drive when i wfh, but if traffic is like what it is, I have no option.
Old 12th September 2012, 15:46   #1287
Team-BHP Support

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/16344888.cms

Quote:
On Wednesday, normal traffic would not be allowed on the 100ft road from 7.30am to 10.30am and again from 6pm to 8pm. As per the plan, traffic moving from Jubilee Hills check-post to Cyber Towers along the said route would be diverted at Kavuri Hills junction towards Madhapur police station with vehicles coming in the opposite direction also to be redirected to this road.
Old 12th September 2012, 17:20   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to do a "slow" recce of that place whenever you travel on that road as you take it daily up and down?

If that straight service road leads to flyover then it will shave off a couple more minutes to my travel time to Mehdipatnam
Mobike008, I travelled on that very road today and it's awesome, complete and finished. Except for a pair of not-visible-until-too-close triple speed-breakers, the road is good. Try it tonight and give us your feedback.
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 11:02   #1289
BHPian

Route Suggestion needed for my travel plans of today.

I have to go to a venue very close to the Cyberabad Police Commissionerate in a little while, and no, I am not going to either OTF or Grills 'n' Steaks for lunch.

My start is from near LifeStyle Building at Begumpet in another hour or so. My normal route would be : LifeStyle - Greenlands - Punjagutta Flyover - Road No. 3, BH - Road No. 2, BH - KBR Park - Jubilee Hills Check Post - Road No. 36, JH - Kavuri Hills Junction - straight - 100' Road (Ayyappa Society) - HiTec Flyover - Raheja Junction - straight - right turn onto Old Bombay Highway - Cyberabad Police Commissionerate - Destination.

From Hyderabad Traffic Police FB page, I have read the following :

# 13/09/12@10:26 : Traffic slow movement at Masab Tank towards Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital, NMDC due to Road Digging work, please take alternate route.

# 13/09/12@09:50 : Traffic Diversions at NFCL, Taj krishna, Road No 10, Road No 12, Khaja Mansion due to GHMC work, please avoid this route.

Is this the best route for today as per the gurus here?

Will it take the standard 35 minutes (lunch time non peak conditions) or will it take much more time today?

Any and all tips and guidance would be useful and helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Old 13th September 2012, 11:30   #1290
Senior - BHPian

I started for work at 830 am today, and yet it took me 50 minutes to reach. The main culprit was the closure of DC road, and the bottleneck was felt near IOC bunk at Madhapur.

I saw a couple of trees cut and knocking off 30% of the road width between Cancer Hospital and TRS Bhavan, and I almost scraped my car on one of those.

@Hyd-Traveller---it is your call. Both sides seem to be jammed as of now. But I guess the route via Masab tank may not clear up during off hours, and therefore try going via Rd # 10, Film Nagar and Whisper Valley.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks