Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 14:16   #1531
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Not opening today. CM sahab had to run to Delhi so it'll open on 17th. Source is a telugu newspaper.
Old 18th May 2013, 19:49   #1532
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

The "JP bridge" connecting Madhapur to JNTU, as some are calling it due to the efforts of Jaya Prakash Narayan (MLA from Kukatpally), was finally inaugurated today. People report 10-13min drives between JNTU junction and Inorbit Mall. Very happy with this development.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 19:51   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The "JP bridge" connecting Madhapur to JNTU, as some are calling it due to the efforts of Jaya Prakash Narayan (MLA from Kukatpally), was finally inaugurated today. People report 10-13min drives between JNTU junction and Inorbit Mall. Very happy with this development.
Good to know this. But on weekdays, one can expect jams at the end of the 2nd flyover, near KFC, Quizznos, etc.
Old 20th May 2013, 11:49   #1534
Senior - BHPian

On the first weekday after the Hitec ROB was put into action, my colleague says there was a huge flow of traffic, and that he could not drive faster than 30 kmph all the way till the Cyber Towers flyover. It looks like most of the guys who were using the Hafizpet route to work have now started using this route.

A couple of colleagues came via the Hafizpet flyover and it was a relaxed drive for them, quite unlike what they were used to.
Old 20th May 2013, 15:09   #1535
Senior - BHPian

After a long wait this fly over at Kukatpally was open.
Went for a ride crossing this area was effortless.As usual
the flyover joints are uneven.The ride was bumpy.
Saw a lot of crowd parking the vehicles on the sides of the
flyover and enjoying the surroundings.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20130519-17.59.41.jpg  

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-20130519-17.59.55.jpg  

Last edited by gajadonga : 20th May 2013 at 15:11.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 15:29   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Not opening today. CM sahab had to run to Delhi so it'll open on 17th.
Despite all postponements due to non availability of CM for inauguration, the CM did not make it for the inauguration though he was very much in the neighbourhood at N Convention Hall, just a km away, attending a wedding.

Sad that the public had to wait for using the bridge and suffer inconvenience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Went for a ride crossing this area was effortless.As usual the flyover joints are uneven.The ride was bumpy.
I used it yesterday at 1pm and it was deserted.

Was surprised to see boards stating speed limit as 60 kmph.

Looks like HMDA and the contractor have put up these boards without keeping Cyberabad Police in the loop as the speed limit is supposed to be 50 kmph in the city.

Let me caution that driving at or in excess of 60 kmph would be a risky proposition for you and others and all are advised to stick to 40-50 kmph on the bridge.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 15:59   #1537
BHPian

Happy to see two proper lanes for traffic (although I'm not sure how long these lanes will suffice) AND a footpath on both sides too. Much unlike the useless flyovers on SP Road.
Old 20th May 2013, 16:59   #1538
BHPian

Metro work has begun on road no 36 ,jubilee hills.

Enjoy the traffic jam for couple of years.
Old 21st May 2013, 21:21   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Metro work has begun on road no 36 ,jubilee hills.

Enjoy the traffic jam for couple of years.
So that could mean more traffic diverting to Rd.45, which is the road I prefer any day. Can't imagine the nightmare when they start construction on the Madhapur PS to Image Hospital stretch.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:08   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
I used it yesterday at 1pm and it was deserted.
The best part of the flyover was to not use the flyover and take the earlier route under the flyover. I have spent soo much time here on this road every day for the past 5 years that the very "weekend" look of the road gave an orgasmic pleasure .

Sorry mods, but allow me to use this one adjective!
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:25   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquilab28 View Post
The best part of the flyover was to not use the flyover and take the earlier route under the flyover.
And still better was that I was headed from Punjagutta to Hafeezpet and there was no need for me to use the flyover at all or even go by this route.

I do sometimes travel to Indu Fortune so wanted to see how much better is this using the flyover going to be for my travel and realised that I need not use the flyover at all even then.
Old 22nd May 2013, 13:00   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that could mean more traffic diverting to Rd.45, which is the road I prefer any day. Can't imagine the nightmare when they start construction on the Madhapur PS to Image Hospital stretch.
I've already seen more traffic on Rd # 45 for the past week. Many guys turn left from Rd # 36 at Peddama temple Jn and merge with my route at the S curve : to be precise, near the left turn to the road that leads to Net Enrich and Fernandez Hospital.
Old 27th June 2013, 18:06   #1543
BHPian

What's the best route to take from Gachibowli to reach the Warangal highway or vice versa.
While going in the morning - I have been via Punjagutta - Sec-Uppal - Bhongir route which was fine...
Evenings from Uppal onwards was a disaster.
Is there a ORR route which will make the travel easier ?
Old 27th June 2013, 19:25   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
What's the best route to take from Gachibowli to reach the Warangal highway or vice versa.
While going in the morning - I have been via Punjagutta - Sec-Uppal - Bhongir route which was fine...
Evenings from Uppal onwards was a disaster.
Is there a ORR route which will make the travel easier ?
would the ecil-as rao nagar-sainikpuri-kowkur-shamirpet-ORR-gachibowli make any difference?
Old 28th June 2013, 17:12   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
would the ecil-as rao nagar-sainikpuri-kowkur-shamirpet-ORR-gachibowli make any difference?
No idea frankly...have never driven to these parts of Hyd...Looking at the map - i am assuming I need to take off from the Warangal highway at Ghatkesar ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks