Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:22   #1951
PVS
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I see absolutely no difference in the roads from Hitech City all the way to Jubilee hills checkpost from about a month ago and since GHMC announced some 70 crore budgets to fix the roads. What is happening here? Are decent roads to travel home-work-home too much to ask for?
Well, yes as per GHMC. There are many other roads - main roads arterial roads that are in a terrible condition - and there is nothing that seems to be happening from GHMC end. All I can think of, is to use the GHMC app to record pictures of damaged roads OR keep tweeting @GHMCOnline on the pathetic conditions of the roads OR post pictures in the print media - DC or the Telugu newspapers.

Coming to the section between Jubilee Hills Check post and Hitec City - I travel on this everyday, and I can vouch for the fact that things are getting better slowly, on this section. There are congestion points, true - underneath one of the metro station enroute, they are diverting the traffic coming from the check post side onto the wrong side (The side on which the paver blocks were recently laid). Today morning, they are working on repairing a broken stretch of the road, so were diverting all Hitec City bound traffic onto road no: 38 and onwards to road no: 37 (Near Chhatees BBQ). So, things are improving slowly.

However the same cannot be said about the Mehdipatnam to Tolichowki to Gachibowli section, which has some pathetic roads
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:57   #1952
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.

How are people coping up with the traffic in the Punjagutta-Dilsukhnagar stretch ?

It has become unbearable, of late.

Every damn road I take,
-lkpool-secretariat-himayatnagar-narayanguda-tilaknagar-amberpet-dsnr or

-khairatabad- secretariat-Control Room- LB stadium-Koti-Golnaka-dsnr

-himayatnagar-basheerbagh-shanti-kacheguda-golnaka-dsnr

is filled up with traffic and less we talk about koti-chaderghat-malakpet-dsnr stretch, the better !

Apart from the metro construction near chaderghat-malakpet stretch , I do not see any reason for this worsening scenario.

The roads gradually seem to be turning into nightmares!

Last edited by poised2drive : 3rd November 2016 at 20:58.
Old 8th December 2016, 15:01   #1953
Team-BHP Support

The ORR now accepts payment via PayTM.

They have the QR code displayed outside the toll booth.
You can scan it on your smartphone and pay the charges.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 17:01   #1954
BANNED

Being a regular user of the ORR since the Medchal - Patacheru road opened for public, I have got into good terms with the guys handling the toll booths. While returning home from work today morning, I was handed this pamphlet by the guys at the Medchal (Exit 3) toll.

As per HMDA, the rates have increased w.e.f 15.02.2017, here's the list of new rates that would take effect.

Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-img_20170214_161023.jpg

Also attaching the PDF containing toll information with respect to each exchange:

4. Toll rates for Each Interchange.pdf
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:37   #1955
Team-BHP Support

They are painting the new structure being built around the Gachibowli Toll Gate.

Take care. After crossing it , I found some stains on my windshield. Paint.
Luckily it was still wet when I pulled over and wiped it away.

If it had dried on the car, it would have left a disgusting blue stain.
Take care.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 14:17   #1956
BHPian

In addition to the toll revision have also noticed lot of electric lamp post being placed on the divider

I am guessing the gachibowli to airport stretch would be illuminated to start with ( or maybe just this stretch alone as its the most frequently used)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:05   #1957
BHPian

Not sure what is wrong with this Eagle Infra people.

They have placed new plastic speed breakers exactly at the spot where our rear tyres stop when we halt at the toll booth. Either we are pushed forward away from the booth, if rear tyres climb the breakers or stop too short if we stop before.

This is causing cars to stall after collecting the ticket and loaded vehicles are struggling to climb.

Even a local construction worker will know better to place those speed breakers.

Irritating.
prithm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 20:39   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Greenlands Junction, opposite Lifestyle in Begumpet area will be choked from tonight for the next 2 weeks owing to Metro pillars construction. A traffic advisory has been issued to avoid that junction.
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 12:17   #1959
Team-BHP Support

The Outer Ring Road now issues a daily pass.
My commute between TSPA and Gachibowli has a a one way charge of Rs 20.
The return pass available at the exit toll gate helps me save Rs 10.

I don't know why they don't advertise this. I got to know from my apartment facebook group and picked it today.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-06b609043ca04770a2d9c295956a25c6.jpg
Old 11th May 2017, 13:41   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The Outer Ring Road now issues a daily pass.
My commute between TSPA and Gachibowli has a a one way charge of Rs 20.
The return pass available at the exit toll gate helps me save Rs 10.

I don't know why they don't advertise this. I got to know from my apartment facebook group and picked it today.
Attachment 1637747
I think they already have a pass system which was advertised on a bland plastic board behind the Gachibowli Toll Exit counter.

It was mentioned to talk to the Toll Gate Supervisor to get the pass enabled. Since their new office is getting built up at the Gachibowli Toll gate, they should be getting things ready soon.
Old 11th May 2017, 13:59   #1961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I think they already have a pass system which was advertised on a bland plastic board behind the Gachibowli Toll Exit counter.
The monthly pass has been around for sometime. This is a daily pass valid for only 24 hours.
Old 8th July 2017, 17:28   #1962
Team-BHP Support

I found a speeding ticket on my car for violating the speed limit on the ORR.

The uploaded image has a picture with my car doing 101 kmph in a 100kmph zone.
Is there any way to challenge this challan?

Any one has experience in fighting this out?
Old 8th July 2017, 18:11   #1963
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The uploaded image has a picture with my car doing 101 kmph in a 100kmph zone.
Is there any way to challenge this challan?
I have got one too on the ORR. The image was displaying a 102 kmph in a 100 kmph zone.

I am like

I have reported the challan on the following link:

http://www.cyberabadpolice.gov.in/Traffic/Sugg.htm

I did it two days ago, yet to get any response on this.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th July 2017 at 21:46. Reason: small typo. kmph
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 23:38   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have got one too on the ORR. The image was displaying a 102 kmph in a 100 kmph zone.

I am like

I have reported the challan on the following link:

http://www.cyberabadpolice.gov.in/Traffic/Sugg.htm

I did it two days ago, yet to get any response on this.

I hope they reply. They reduced the speed to 100 kmph from 120 a couple of months ago. But getting a ticket for 1 or 2 kmph in excess is too much. For all that I know, it could be a racket for increasing their revenue!

While on this, a pal of mine was fined near Bangalore airport. When he met the cop, he was told that they don't penalise violations upto 10 kmph over the limit. I wonder why Hyderabad cops are so greedy.
Old 9th July 2017, 10:31   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I hope they reply. But getting a ticket for 1 or 2 kmph in excess is too much. For all that I know, it could be a racket for increasing their revenue!
Cops do not get the challan money. It goes to the Govt. coffers.
Spate of accidents in recent past, and many fatal, has women up the authorities and the only way to curb is to clamp down hard.
I am guessing that the challans would have been created for overspeeding below the Gandipet Road flyover. Over to people challaned to confirm their location.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks